Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 2:16 PM
Default Is this The Sims 4 MockUps on SimsVIP?
If you haven't seen this, then read the article along with a picture of a mock up of a UI and some pics of Sims from videos over on SimsVIP.

Link here: http://simsvip.com/2013/04/25/the-s...design-screens/

First, will anyone explain to me why this is be captioned as TS4 but not as the Sims 4? I repect SimsVIP, however, in one paragraph they are stating this is just a mock up and don't know if it is really for TS4.
But then they have it listed as pre-production -ui-design-screen. Along with pics they tell us not to take into condsideration, but captions of those pics say they are Sims 4.

Is this all true? Is that how Sims (not yet polished) will look like in TS4? It looks like a 'romance' MMO, mobile game to me.

I know some on here know what mock ups are, I don't, I suppose that means 'in the works' and not really how the UI will look.

They took the pics from the actual videos on P. Kelly's website...and didn't post the videos of the interactions or actions in those videos.

I'm really confused, on the one hand they are saying it is TS4 by explaining nothing on the guy's website should be considered untrue..but then say don't bother with the pics but have them listed as TS4 pics.

Can someone explain all this speculation to me..is this a mock up of TS4 or not?

To me it looks like a mobile game..but the guy on his public website says he was working on TS4.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 2:59 PM
I believe what they are saying is that this is a mock-up for the User Interface, so that while we should consider the UI as (potentially) the direction they are going, the in-game graphics (people/objects/etc.) are not what is being tested here, and may just be filler to show off the interface, rather than what they will look like in TS4. But I'm not really positive that's what they are saying, as I know nothing about game development.

I don't know what to make of it, either. Looks very online, and not-so-Simmy to me.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:07 PM
that UI sucks
Theorist
#4 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:28 PM
I always loved when I switched from TS to TS2 (or from TS2 to TS3); one of the adventures I had was to discover all the spots you could go to using the new UI (where the bio was moved (lol), how the motives are different and stuff).

But, if the UI is going to be similar to the pics in OP's link... well, it sure does look like bullshit to me. Just sayin.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:01 PM
That UI is... really, really confusing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:07 PM
^ I agree. Why can't they just stick with the Sims 3 UI

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:11 PM
graphics suck, camera angle too high, ui looks like something from a cheap flash game, elbows too pointy. 2/10 would not hit.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:34 PM
They probably designed it using flash, because they had not settled on the eventual graphics engine.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 5:01 PM
that looks nasty. I wont judge it until i see more development on Sims 4 however its obvious that with the blue plum bobs it will not be a single player game which sucks.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:02 PM
Every time someone makes a Sims 4 thread, ten glitches will be added to the currently-non-existent-and-unannounced-and-we-don't-know-a-damn-thing-about-it game.

Please think of the currently-non-existent-and-unannounced-and-we-don't-know-a-damn-thing-about-it game.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:16 PM
0/10 would not bang
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:41 PM
I am not an intellect in computer games or how things should be designed. With that said, I am the common consumer and player of Sims games and this UI, graphics, set up looks very elementary and lots of steps backwards. If this really what's coming, then I will stick with Sims 3.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 6:48 PM
This was brought up in another TS4 thread. It's a Flash generated mockup. It does not represent real game play, and it isn't even clear what the mockup is for, TS4 or some online sim game. I would not get caught up in this for now. It's a thought experiment, not real game programming development.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 7:10 PM
Oh...OK, I can see that. Thanks Eskie.

Really I am sick of the Sims 4 talk and it will be like the release of Sims 3. Ooo...beta, slick leak. Shinies...I will play it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#15 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 7:43 PM
Man, deja vu! I'm getting that weird sensation that I've seen this in some other thread(s). Nah, can't be.
Theorist
#16 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:04 PM
At my work, mockups are usually just a representation of what the final product should look like. Sometimes the finished product looks drastically different, sometimes it looks very similar. I'm going to guess that EA, being much bigger and much more corporate than where I work, doesn't allow their coders to have a lot of creative input as far as the UI goes, so it wouldn't surprise me if the final product does look a lot like the mockups.

In P. Kelly's resume screenshot, he does mention that he assisted in the "final animation layout" and the "final UI elements". That would lead me to speculate this might be a pretty good idea of how it might look, if it truly is "final".

It does look like it will have a very significant online component to it, which is no surprise.

I just hope they keep the ability to make a sim that really hates to buy soap, so much that she has to mention it 5 times.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#17 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gnomequeen
Man, deja vu! I'm getting that weird sensation that I've seen this in some other thread(s). Nah, can't be.

It's so horrifying I think it deserves it's own thread.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st May 2013 at 3:32 AM
how is the blue plumbbob an indicator of it being online?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 1st May 2013 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
how is the blue plumbbob an indicator of it being online?

Because people are dead-set on convincing themselves to believe it'll be online and there are no other options for how it'll be played than that.

Hunger Games Challenge
Forum Resident
#20 Old 1st May 2013 at 7:11 AM
1. That UI Sucks
2. Sims 4 better not require internet (Online activation is FINE. But not required after)
3. No recycled crap again. I want all new content.
Scholar
#21 Old 1st May 2013 at 3:23 PM
I saw wind instruments! :lovestruc

...But yes, the game really doesn't look very good. The graphics barely even look like GCN/Xbox/PS2 level graphics (for those of you who don't follow consoles, those are the consoles of the generation of which The Sims 2's base game was released toward the end of).

So my advice to EA is... keep the wind instruments but scrap everything else. :P

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#22 Old 1st May 2013 at 6:15 PM
That is, in my opinion, actually horrific if it's going to become TS4 ;~;
I really do hope that's just the start of a new online version of The Sims and not the actual Sims 4 game. I think a lot of people will be very disappointed if it is :c
Space Pony
#23 Old 1st May 2013 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
2. Sims 4 better not require internet (Online activation is FINE. But not required after)

Same here.... but it would most likely be "always online" just like with SIMCity as that's what EA is aiming for with all of their upcoming games.

What I'd also would want is for SIMs communities like MTS would not cave in to EA's "always online" DRM demands just as how things are now on Simtropolis....

Everyone there, most notably the admins/moderators have caved in and "simply accepted" the "need" for the DRM. So much so that the admins/mods would immediately delete threads where people would be hating on the game or on EA.... as if they got paid or something.
Instructor
#24 Old 1st May 2013 at 7:07 PM
Yeah, I think EA would probably lose a lot of customers if each of their new releases were "always online" or "online only". That's just what I think, but I can see that happening. I wouldn't complain if they made a separate game which was similar to The Sims Online (which I unfortunetly never got round to playing before it was closed ) in TS2, TS3 or TS4 style. Just not the pure base game itself be always online.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st May 2013 at 7:49 PM
I fully believe the 'online' aspects (if there are any) will be expanding on Showtime and making it so you can 'visit' other towns, but actually see what's going on instead of just sending them away. Or there will be Late Night/Showtime/whatever type venues you can hook up to and visit like a MMORPG. It won't be mandatory, but like Showtime, you get extra things for doing and using it. Revamping Sims Online/Social, if you will.

But that's my opinion~

Hunger Games Challenge
Page 1 of 4