Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 12:04 AM Last edited by Samethana : 4th Jun 2010 at 2:17 AM.
Default Help needed with default bedding
I have downloaded HP's Default Bedding Replacements a while ago, and while I love it, I would really like to switch all of the other beddings too. HP's set consists only of the basegame bedding, pets and bon voyage.
I have searched for another set of defaults, updated 'till M&G, but so far no luck.
I've tried the tutorial about how to change defaults (the one with the vase), but I was having problems with some of the instructions there. (English is not my first language, technical stuff goes right above my head).
So, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how I can change the default bedding? (I know how to recolor, that's not the problem)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:27 AM
You need to extract the txtr files. You will need to open the game files and find the txtr files and extract them, then import them into an empty package. TXTR files are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\3D. Files Objects06 should have those files you need. If you link to the tutorial and be specific about which steps are giving you trouble, I can help you further.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:19 AM Last edited by Samethana : 3rd Jun 2010 at 3:17 AM.
Well, to start off, I've searched high and low and I can't find those files, I've found 3 of the AL ones, but the rest seems to be absent. I did find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Carryforward.sgfiles.package, but I'm not entirely sure if I can use those files or if they're just shortcuts to the ones I can't find. (I really hope I'm making sense here)
About the tutorial; (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=236017)
As you can see, it's dated somewhere in 2007, so SimPE has been updated several times, and I'm not sure that everything still works that way. I've read the tutorial over and over, and I really don't find anything in there which should turn a bedding into a default one, it seems nothing different from a plain recolor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 2:17 AM
So, I messed around a bit and it turns out I can use the files in the carryforwards.sgfiles thingie.
I also found a tutorial that seems more up te date here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Sims_2_Texture

Thanks for trying to help me Hugelunatic
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM
There's these, in case you're interested. http://ambular.jfade.com/index.php?category=2&subcat=17

ETA: You are welcome to use my file and just extract and replace the textures in it so you don't have to go through and find them all in the game files.