Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2014 at 10:58 PM
Default 100 Baby Adoption Challenge
Goal:
Have 100 babies in as few generations as possible, without using cheats and keeping everybody happy.

Create A Sim:
Create the founder as a YA of any gender. You may customize his or her appearance in any way you feel appropriate, keep in mind that they will be raising a bunch of kids. The LTW must be "Surrounded by family," as that will be the easiest to complete. Traits must include Family Oriented and Neat. You can choose the other 3. No Grumpy, Absent Minded, Lazy, Mean Spirited, or Evil. Favorite food and stuff doesn't matter.

Housing:
You can either choose a premade house or and empty lot to build on. No money cheats to get a bigger house. Be prepared to expand the house eventually.

Getting Babies:
When adopting a baby, you must roll a dice to determine the gender. If you roll a 1, 3, or 5, it must be a baby boy. If you roll a 2, 4, or 6, it must be a baby girl.

Aging:
Babies may be aged up upon arrival (if you want, that is).
Toddlers can be aged up when they know how to walk, talk, and go to the bathroom.
Children and teenagers can be aged up when they have an A in school, or get on the honor roll.
YAs and Adults must be aged up by the game.

Traits:
The only person you can choose traits for is the founder. Every other time you get the option to choose traits, randomize them.

Children's Appearance:
I get a bit ticked off when the adoption agency gives you a jacked up baby, so I made this rule for people who feel the same way. When you have a toddler, you can go into create a sim with them just to make them look kind of decent, by editing their skin and face. This is the only time you are allowed to do this, so make it last. Once every age transition, you may go in to CAS and edit their clothing and hair, just so that they look reasonably decent.

NO CHEATS except Reset if needed and the CAS cheat.

The Founder's Roll:
His or her roll is to stay home and raise the kids. No jobs allowed. No University allowed. No travel allowed. The founder cannot leave the lot no matter what. If the "Stir Crazy" moodlet gets annoying, you may use cheats to remove it. The founder cannot get married or have any sort of romance until he/she reaches elder status.

Growing Up Kids:
Kids will eventually be YAs and there are two things that you can do with them. You may move them out to make room for new kids, or keep them around to help. If they stay in the household, they are not allowed a full time job, but can have a part time job. They can help raise kids and make meals and stuff.

When the Founder is an Elder:
When the founder becomes an Elder, you choose the last child of theirs who is the oposite gender of them to continue on the challenge. (Example: if the founder is a guy, the new challenger must be the last girl adopted by him). This continues until there are 100 babies.

How to Win:
Have 100 babies, DUH!

Good luck! I would enjoy hearing from people who try this!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th May 2014 at 6:15 PM
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to try - great idea!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th May 2014 at 12:34 AM
Might want to try this. I actually did once but then my computer got wiped out so yeah, maybe I'll restart.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2014 at 5:50 PM
I never thought of adoption 100 Baby Challenge! This way my founder can actually have a relationship I love it thank you so much. Will post updates x
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th May 2014 at 1:45 PM
I'm on baby 2! I'm doing this on my instagram simplyplumbobs_challenge but I will try and find out a way to post on here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparklySherbert
I'm on baby 2! I'm doing this on my instagram simplyplumbobs_challenge but I will try and find out a way to post on here

That's great. I'm on babies #7 and #8. Good luck and I will check out your instagram. Best wishes, Ariana02
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th May 2014 at 3:20 PM Last edited by SparklySherbert : 29th May 2014 at 3:33 PM.
thank you! Have you posted ours anywhere I'd love to see it! x

Back Row: Abie Haven (Mother)
Middle Row: Luke (Baby 3), Levi (Baby 1) and Elsa (Baby 2)
Front Row: Skittles The Dog, Roberto (Baby 5) and Berry (Baby 5)

[IMG][/IMG]
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2014 at 9:47 PM
I absolutely will be trying this after I finish my 100 Babies challenge.

What can I say? Raising kids in the Sims is the best.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th May 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparklySherbert
thank you! Have you posted ours anywhere I'd love to see it! x

Back Row: Abie Haven (Mother)
Middle Row: Luke (Baby 3), Levi (Baby 1) and Elsa (Baby 2)
Front Row: Skittles The Dog, Roberto (Baby 5) and Berry (Baby 5)

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll try and take a few screenshots now and post them here. Lookin' good SparklySherbert. I've got 12 now
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:20 PM
I really like the idea of this I'm going to try this and my last adopted child is going to be the heir for the next generation to adopt id I don't reach 100 adopted children with my first generation and sorry if the rules already said your supposed to do that I often accidentily skip things.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:30 AM
Awesome! All try it out for sure! Sounds fun. Once I find out how to post pictures all show some off! Great idea Ariana02!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:53 PM
hey!
I haven't figured out how to post pics but I can say I got a male, Joshua Sims as the main character, Sofe' Sims first kid, And Angel Sims, Dog,
I also made a back story for Joshua Sims. I can get really into stuff, but its because its fun! GREAT idea! Keep posting!
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena6430
hey!
I haven't figured out how to post pics but I can say I got a male, Joshua Sims as the main character, Sofe' Sims first kid, And Angel Sims, Dog,
I also made a back story for Joshua Sims. I can get really into stuff, but its because its fun! GREAT idea! Keep posting!

There's two ways to post pictures. The first way is to have them in the body of the post. Just upload the images you want to an image sharing site (I use photobucket), then go into advanced mode of the post, and you'll see picture of a photo along the toolbar. Click it, enter the URL of the photo into the box that comes up, and that's it.
The other way is to have them at the end of your post, as attachments. Go into advanced mode for the post, and scroll down. You'll see large text that says 'Manage Attachments', and then under that 'Image Upload'. From there you can upload them directly from your computer, without having to use an image sharing site.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 6:26 PM
I'll have to try this.
Sounds fun although I going to shoot for 50 kids, cause i get really bored with super long challenges
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:03 PM
This actually sounds really fun! Like the 100 baby challenge, but a little easier. Going to try this soon!
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM
I started this challenge, but then when there was still only one adult... she died.... Gotta restart