Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 31st May 2013 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, remember, they did give us those useless backpacks that are worn as shoulder accessories with Uni. It would have been nice if when you select put the stupid useless backpack away, the sim actually would, rather than keep throwing it over their shoulder as a fashion statement anyway, but then I'm sort of a critical player.

Oh thanx!
I don't send any sims to University yet and not yet see that backpack either. Sorryyyy.

Back to CAS mods :
I forgot to mention "planning at least 2 outfits per category".
When Nraas dresser mod come out it made my day. Then I could have 3 outfits with each category.

I can't remember in what EPS EA gave us":Planning outfits". But way later than Nraas.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st May 2013 at 7:43 AM
More body shapes for both genders,it disturbs me that nearly everyone has the same body shape
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
^^ I don't think they should include heights if the animation is going to look odd. Kissing a forehead or chin is not acceptable, I'd rather they leave it out if that is the case. ^^
Agreed. And I just thought of something else:

As I understand it there are two approaches to how variable/multiple heights could be handled - either by including multiple animations covering every possible combination of heights, or with these "magnets" that indicate where the bodyparts of two sims should meet, and the animation engine computes how the rest of the body should be posed.

And I think that unless EA/Maxis go with the second solution, I would rather not see multiple heights at all. Think of everyone who creates poses for the game, or the few who create their own animations... with multiple heights I assume that the creation of poses/animations would immediately become much more problematic, at least those that involve more than one sim. So for the sake of creativity, I think multiple heights either have to be handled through "magnets", or not at all.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 31st May 2013 at 6:37 PM
I'd like to see more clothing categories and clothing divided by style.

I want a division between summer and winter wear, so your sims will change to the winter wear once things get cold. Shorts and other typical summer wear could be unavailable in winter, and thick sweaters and such would be unavailable under summer wear.
The whole grey area in between would be available for both categories. You'd practically get casual wear divided in two.

Regarding clothing divided by style: for example you want your sim dressed in gothic style. you'd be able to check this on the list of styles so only clothing of the gothic style shows up.
By default only clothes obviously part of a style could be divided like this, with the remaining stuff being unassigned. Players could assign this stuff personly to whatever they want, including their custom made stuff.
For example you could dye a simple shirt black and add a skull to it, and add it to the gothic style. Only that customised version would be part of the gothic style then.
Multible styles could be checked and unchecked, so you can hide/show whatever selection you'd like.

As someone mentioned earlier, all clothing and stuff should be fully loaded as CAS is opened so no loading needs to take place as you work on CAS. its a real pain in sims3, making a family takes hours.

As for coats, I want to see coats handled differently and not as a seperate category. Instead it should become part of existing outfits under a new tab. same as shoes and accesoires, a coat tab should be added for all categories.
When going outdoors, they'd put their coat on over their casual wear. It could be checked or unchecked that they wear the coat at all times if you want that.

For nightwear and underwear, various bathrobes would be the coat options. Wether they wear it or not could depend on sims traits. Outgoing sims might not bother with it while prude sims put it on the moment they step out of bed, and most sims might put on a bathrobe only when sleeping in underwear.

Swimwear could have towels and other stuff to be used the same way as a coat, the stuff they would have on when not swimming but around the pool.

As for hairstyles, I want to see it have an effect on gameplay. Every sim should have a category of hair that they like, and one they dislike. Some categories could be: Braided, short hair, long hair, punk/dyed, balding, shaved/bald, Rasta and unkept. Some being a mix of multible styles.
Its just that I quite like how haircuts have an effect in the fable games.

Regarding beards: we need a hell of a lot more options there. Pretty much all sims 3 facial hair was terrible. To this purpose I propose to divide a beard in several categories: mustache, beard, stubble and sideburns. This also allows for sims to like or dislike a specific part. They might love stubble but hate mustaches.
Sims2 had the stubble seperate and it allowed for more variety already. Having more seperate parts allows for some neat mixing and matching to be done.
Scholar
#30 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 9:55 PM
I wanna make a guy that has a beer belly but not necessarily is obese. Hair that move. Height sliders. Braces. More "beauty marks".
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Butt sliders.

Some Sims like big butts, and they cannot lie. Simmy got back!
Page 2 of 2