Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 12:15 AM
Make sure you re-establish the connection with LAA. I always forget that bit after a new version comes out.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 10:26 AM
CAW is supposed to be Large Address Aware by default now.

Those of you having crashes, are you sure it's not exceeding the 3.5Gb memory barrier? You can reach the memory limits with purely store content alone, before any CC. The game and CAW will crash if either reach the 3.5Gb mark, even with LAA and 64bit windows. It is a limitation of 32bit apps.
dodgy builder
#128 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:14 PM
I think Simsample posted about season's not being LAA earlier and suggested we fixed that. I did and patched all my games up to 1.20 or what the latest "each game patch" was. I don't have much trouble anymore. I still have to force the beta's into programfiles though. I have not patched to the latest one yet.
Forum Resident
#129 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anach
CAW is supposed to be Large Address Aware by default now.

Those of you having crashes, are you sure it's not exceeding the 3.5Gb memory barrier? You can reach the memory limits with purely store content alone, before any CC. The game and CAW will crash if either reach the 3.5Gb mark, even with LAA and 64bit windows. It is a limitation of 32bit apps.

You're right. I have to keep two DCCache folders. One with all my store content and CC, for game play. The other with just select build items installed, for use when I use caw.
dodgy builder
#130 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 9:51 AM
How do you do that? Do you take them out and in again?
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Outdated, now we are on version 1.47
Page 6 of 6