Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:03 PM
Default TS4: Castaway Stories?
I gotta say, my favourite thing ever about The Sims was always TS2 Castaway for PS2, and Castaway Stories came a close second. I was severely disappointed that they didn't continue this with TS3, so I'd love it if they did it for TS4.
Just a thought, I guess.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
I agree, The Sims Medieval was basically a Castaway Stories though.
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM
I´m torn about this... the Stories series was too restrictive for my taste, but I absolutely loved Castaway for the Playstation and still play it from time to time.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM
I had Castaway for PSP and it was hella fun. So was Sims 2 for PSP and the Urbz and Bustin Out series' for that matter.
Idk what happened after TS Medieval, but a lot of the Sims spin offs were really fun and I don't know why they seem to have discontinued them.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:37 AM
I had Castaway for the PC, was a completely separate game to Sims 2, i wasn't expecting it to be so I enjoyed very much.
I do hope they come with something like that for TS4. I like my quests and my life simulators separate.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:59 AM
I liked the Stories series as I didn't waste most of my time tweaking mods rather than playing :D
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:08 AM
I really would like a Castaway stories for TS4
Instructor
#8 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:22 AM
it is better if they did the TS castaway in sims 3 version like the TSM standalone base game.. I would like to see if they will do it in TS4..

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:23 PM
I did enjoy playing Castaway Stories when it came out, but once I finished the story part of it, I got bored pretty fast. I think the biggest reason I didn't like it as much was because it didn't let us add new lots. I don't remember much of the details of the game since I haven't played it in a long time, but I remember it feeling more limited than TS2 at the time, like some features were missing. I think if they remade CS with TS4 graphics, I'd buy it.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:10 PM
I'd like to see something similar, but maybe not exactly. Now that we have all this public space around the lots, I can see adding a sort of "Survival" style setup. Living off the land, as it were. We've already got the ability to fish and grow crops.

First, you deny access to build mode for Households in "Survival" mode.

First, create a new item like the Woodworking Bench, but make it appear like a stack of crates, with some gathered tools and such. "Makeshift Crafting Station". All Survival Sims start with this in their household inventory.

In addition, they would start with a "Discrete Bush", which is basically a toilet that looks like a bush. It never breaks, but would cause an embarrassed/uncomfortable moodlet for any Sim without "Loves Outdoors".

The Crafting Station would add a few very low-level items: Grass Mat (a bed on the floor made of leaves and whatnot) and a Fire Pit (used for cooking and comfort). In addition, expand on the lower level crafting options (such as a log stump for a chair, etc).

Also, create a new skill called "Woodworking", and it would replace Handiness for crafting.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
I'd like to see something similar, but maybe not exactly. Now that we have all this public space around the lots, I can see adding a sort of "Survival" style setup. Living off the land, as it were. We've already got the ability to fish and grow crops.

First, you deny access to build mode for Households in "Survival" mode.

First, create a new item like the Woodworking Bench, but make it appear like a stack of crates, with some gathered tools and such. "Makeshift Crafting Station". All Survival Sims start with this in their household inventory.

In addition, they would start with a "Discrete Bush", which is basically a toilet that looks like a bush. It never breaks, but would cause an embarrassed/uncomfortable moodlet for any Sim without "Loves Outdoors".

The Crafting Station would add a few very low-level items: Grass Mat (a bed on the floor made of leaves and whatnot) and a Fire Pit (used for cooking and comfort). In addition, expand on the lower level crafting options (such as a log stump for a chair, etc).

Also, create a new skill called "Woodworking", and it would replace Handiness for crafting.

Sounds like something a creator could make in combination with some challenge rules coming out?