Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:23 PM
Default Cannot send to College.
I am now ready to send 2 teens to college, problem is..the game does not seem to see that I have a UNI Hood to my Main Hood.
First pic = message I am given when I try using phone to send them..
Second pic = there is no Plus sign on my UNI chooser thing...
Thrid pic = See? it is there.
So what's going on?
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:41 PM
Do you have any dorms in that subhood?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:51 PM
Yes, I made a few even. And just 2 days ago, I made another one.
I have these 2 for instance..is there anything wrong? It says space available...Oh, and in the one in the first pic, there are already 2 YA living there..so 2 more available space. I do not understand.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 8:47 PM
Have you tried the send students to college button in the neighborhood? Also try using the computer to send them to college. If the neighborhood button works and the others don't, or if the neighborhood and computer both work and just the phone doesn't . . . well, you have a clue for hack hunting, at least!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:13 PM
In the first dorm, are there playables living? It shows like no one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:45 PM
Sorry, I meant to show another Dorm. i got confused because it is the same building, except one is empty (the one i showed) and one has 2 YA in it.
No I have not tried to send them to college any other way, phone should work. but I guess, I'll try that.
I ended up creating new Hood, let,s see if that one will work. otherwise, it has to be one of the new mods I got recently...
So, it worked with the new Hood I just created.
bye bye old one.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:20 PM
It could be the lot that is bugged rather than the whole hood. Try moving them out and in again, or transferring the teens to another household and have them call from there.

As an unrelated tip, if you check the "use square pixels" box in Options, it will stop your screenshots from looking stretched.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:53 PM
I doubt the lot my teens were in was the problem. but apparently, my first Uni hood was. creating another uni subhood worked, and when I went to check, it was indeed in that one that all the teens i just sent were found to be.

Oh..lol, but I resize all my picture to my current monitor size, which is 1600 by 900. otherwise it look stretched..to me anyway.
If i resized to 1600 by 900, then it looks just as it looks in game. Not resizing it, my sims looks so thin and long!
See rather...
Though if by that you meant, that having square pixel will look like what I have in game without having to resize..then I'll sure try that.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 4:19 AM
Rosebine, your signature has been driving me nuts for a while. My French is just bad enough that I'm translating that as eating giraffes. Am I missing something (probably one letter difference, knowing me), or are you eating giraffes? Easier to ask than to dig through storage for a French/English dictionary!

Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:30 AM
Rosebine, don't delete your threads when you got answers. We don't do that on this forum, we leave them so the answer may be helpful to others who may have the same question.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Rosebine, your signature has been driving me nuts for a while. My French is just bad enough that I'm translating that as eating giraffes. Am I missing something (probably one letter difference, knowing me), or are you eating giraffes? Easier to ask than to dig through storage for a French/English dictionary!

Google Translate says: I eat giraffes and I also speak French! ... especially

So there you go. XD
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:57 AM
Yeah, it doesn't really make sense. I'm guessing it's a joke like "Je parle francais comme une vache espagnole." (I speak French like a Spanish cow.).
Inventor
#13 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Google Translate says: I eat giraffes and I also speak French! ... especially

So there you go. XD

It sure is intriguing because I also read it like this, but it could be we take it too literally? And that it's more along the lines of 'I dig' aka enjoy giraffes or find them very pleasant creatures?
Only Rosebine can shed light on it, lol.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Rosebine, don't delete your threads when you got answers. We don't do that on this forum, we leave them so the answer may be helpful to others who may have the same question.
And so that, many years hence, in the ages to come, when we have all shuffled off this mortal coil, and passed on to the Elysian Fields (or wherever?), some talented newbie may resuscitate the thread and offer an amazing new alternative solution to our concerns!

Yes, Rosebine, please don't delete your threads when they're answered. [EDIT] Oh, and please tell us about the edible giraffes!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
It sure is intriguing because I also read it like this, but it could be we take it too literally? And that it's more along the lines of 'I dig' aka enjoy giraffes or find them very pleasant creatures?
Only Rosebine can shed light on it, lol.

If you look at Rosebine's avatar, you can see that she is literally eating a giraffe (or at least putting a toy one in her mouth).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:48 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Mar 2017 at 2:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
If you look at Rosebine's avatar, you can see that she is literally eating a giraffe (or at least putting a toy one in her mouth).

lol, here you go. I am pictured with a little giraffe figurine I am holding with my mouth.
I eat giraffe, and i speak french. I was hesitating between this and I eat sand. but i had no pictures of me eating sand so...And the speak french was mostly to help other french speaking members, browsing a mostly english sim site. So far i helped no one.
About deleting my thread, well...Gummilutt answered me in the random stupid question thread, so there was no point anymore, having an opened question in the general forum about it. Members can still benefit from Gummilutt's answer, besides..no one will ever know that this was the very same question, posted twice basically. No one loses anything.
I do not have the habit of deleting thread otherwise.
edit :
Might not be clear...
My new thread probably had no views yet, and there was no conversation or answers yet. As soon as i posted it, I saw Gummi had answered me in another thread. This is why i used answered as a reason to delete. Leaving it there seemed like a waste of forum space. Either Gummi would have felt like repeating herself, either i would have said something like..edit : nm!..
Voilà.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...463#post5180463

Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:07 PM
But this thread is more likely to come up in a search You could change the title to read "solved".

In your two screenshots, the first looks right to me, the resized version looks stretched. It looks like your game is set to 1024x768, which is a 4x3 ratio (standard when the game was released) but your screen being 1600x900 is 16x9 which is standard widescreen.

Of course, it shouldn't matter as long as it looks right to you I am just picky about resolutions.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#18 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:07 PM
That screenshot problem seems interesting; it looks like the UI looks proportional when everything else is squashed, and after resizing the UI is stretched, but everything else looks normal. What is it in your game, do you have both things normal, or is the UI stretched?

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
But this thread is more likely to come up in a search You could change the title to read "solved".

In your two screenshots, the first looks right to me, the resized version looks stretched. It looks like your game is set to 1024x768, which is a 4x3 ratio (standard when the game was released) but your screen being 1600x900 is 16x9 which is standard widescreen.

Of course, it shouldn't matter as long as it looks right to you I am just picky about resolutions.

You were right!
I was set at 1024 x 768 in game. When i reinstalled, i was stuck to 800 x 600..and when i changed it, I was trying to find what was best reminding me of when i played last (months & months ago...)
I guess 1024 x 768 felt like home..
I just changed it to my monitor size.
Thanks! No need resizing now. And sims looks good just as is.

Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
That screenshot problem seems interesting; it looks like the UI looks proportional when everything else is squashed, and after resizing the UI is stretched, but everything else looks normal. What is it in your game, do you have both things normal, or is the UI stretched?

Well, to me, sims looks too slim..it was like they were stretched like someone was pulling on the head while keeping their feet from moving. lol That was when the game resolution was set to 1024 x 768. It used to annoy me so much, that I would edit all my sim pictures, so they look more like what they look in game..which apparently seems stretch to some! Not to me.
Now I see how in game, my UI looks oval and not round..so a bit stretched..but to me, only the UI was, while sims themselves were looking fine.
But Simsfreq's reply helped...now it is much better and no more editingz!
I am adding pics i just took. Poor Flo..I made her wake up for the shooting.
Screenshots

Scholar
#20 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:28 PM
Yes it looks much better, always try to set a fullscreen application resolution to your native one (the one you normally use) if possible I have 1920x1080, so also widescreen.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#21 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:50 PM
Tres bien!

There is a city in my state that has a law against fishing from the back of a giraffe. As far as I know, there's no problem with eating them!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:56 PM
Oh man..some old laws are SO funny...

Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
And so that, many years hence, in the ages to come, when we have all shuffled off this mortal coil, and passed on to the Elysian Fields (or wherever?), some talented newbie may resuscitate the thread and offer an amazing new alternative solution to our concerns!

More likely someone will necromance the thread and raise us all as zombies to tell them off about it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:38 AM

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965

I thought she was kissing its butt, lol.
Page 1 of 2