Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 9:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My dorm mates are stalking me!
I've created a single sim in a uni lot with no other playables, thinking I'd have her mix and socialize with dormies, which I never would normally do. However when I send her to community lots to try and meet new people, her dorm mates pop up there too! No matter where she goes they're on her heels. It's getting quite claustrophobic, bordering on creepy! How can I banish them back to the dorm (unless invited on an outing) and have the game generate new sims to mingle with instead?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 2:44 AM
Hiya!

It sounds like there just aren't enough dormies in your game for the game to choose from, so it ends up always generating the same ones! Do you have any other uni households in the game, especially dorms with other dormies? If there aren't any of those either, then it's just a matter of the game having nothing else to work with, especially if you started with clean templates and with the nodormieregen hack. In that case, just create yourself some additional dormies. Perhaps others will step in and give you instructions to do that, if you need them; I haven't done it in long enough that I'm probably not the best person to tell you.

(If you didn't start with clean templates and nodormieregen, then the game should have generated 50 dormies for your new uni---so if that's the case but you somehow still have no other dormies, something else is going on!)

So let us know if all that helps or what else you need to know.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 10:41 AM
Thanks! It was a college I downloaded from here actually. There are a couple of other dorms - I didn't think about that affecting it though! I'll try adding more if I can. I guess I'll need to have one playable in each to force the game to create the dorm mates for them?

What does 'clean templates' mean please? I've only been playing sims for 15 years, so you can't expect me to know! I don't have the nodormieregen hack, so that's not the problem.

I did the boolprop/clicking on postbox/generating townies thing, which is supposed to make 42 new randomers isn't it? My game was very slow for a few minutes so I think it did something, but I can't say I've seen them out and about!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 12:07 AM
If you downloaded that uni from here, then it's very possible that it was specifically made to come with no dormies; the creator will have said so on the download thread or its comments. But if you don't have nodormieregen, then yes, the game will slowly generate plenty of dormies---and you can hasten the process along by moving at least one playable each into the other dorms, as you say.

To make new dormies using that method you mention, make sure you are on a lot in a uni hood. If you're in the main hood, it's regular townies that are created.

As for your remaining question...

Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89
What does 'clean templates' mean please? I've only been playing sims for 15 years, so you can't expect me to know!

I'm not sure what you mean there. The TS2 base game was released around this time in 2004, so none of us have been playing it any longer than 15 years---and some, me included, have been playing it for a far shorter time. If the health of your game is important to you, it's a good idea, no matter how long you've been playing, to make sure you're up to speed on some basics!

The major release of clean *and empty* templates was here on MTS, by Jawusa. I recommend checking out her download post, because she wrote a very nice explanation of why these are useful.

For a general overview of clean templates vs. clean and empty templates, I recommend this thread, where Tarlia, the community's longtime best developer of clean but not empty templates, explains the differences.

Good luck!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/