Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 4:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default hack conflict utility - CJ-visitors behave and creaturefixes conflict?
Hi everyone,

I recently started playing (and downloading ) a lot. I found out about the Hack Conflict Utility and I use it regularly. I know that some conflicts are not worrisome, but recently I got this conflict:

Quote:
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Unclaim - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FB22737
Instance ID: 0x0000200B
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Mods\Cyjon's Mods\CJ-VisitorsBehave.package
\downloads\Mods\MATY Mods\Pescado's Mods\creaturefixes.package

Cyjon's Visitors Behave does the following:

Quote:
Restricts some of the more absurd visitor behaviors, most of which were introduced in FreeTime

Update to fix an EA bug with distance greeting.

Visitors can no longer use the dance bar (either the buyable one or the career reward), violin, DJ booth, computer, cauldron, spell book, or tent (they can be asked into a tent). They also cannot greet visitors or fish (they can join existing fishing).

These restrictions do not apply to NPCs on the job or to community lots. It includes saner code to prevent resident sims from constantly starting/stopping the dance bar, blogging or surfing the web.

This mod also fixes an EA bug in BFF distance greets. Unfortunately I have to include that here instead of releasing as a separate mod.

Pescado's Creature Fixes does the following:

Quote:
1. Some issues related to BLEH!!!, GRR!!, and peeking into coffins which do not properly update certain attributes.
2. Eliminates random biting of NPCs.
3. Skin coloration and layering fixes (including alien eyes).
4. Becoming a werewolf no longer produces memories of windows, shrubs, trees, and other assorted random crap.
5. BV Vampires no longer roll want to be a vampire (while already a vampire) after someone else becomes a vampire. Similar issues fixed for werewolves.
6. Evil Witch scalp no longer discolored.
7. Good Witch scalp no longer always S1.
8. Witches do not become bald on alignment change if forced-uniform is off.

I wouldn't expect them to conflict with each other, because they both handle very different things. And I don't think the conflict utility is very clear here... My best guess would be that it has to do with the random biting of NPC's, but I'm not sure at all... If it would be about peeking inside the coffin, then I think that Cyjon's mod would also need to conflict with the Vampire Coffin Mod found at MATY, but it doesn't.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the conflict? And more important: whether I can keep using both mods together or not? I don't see any conflicts in the game immediately, but then I'd need to know what I'd be looking for...
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 5:08 PM
The conflict is that they are both affecting the same BHAV, namely "Interaction - Unclaim - TEST" I have no idea what that BHAV does or what either mod is doing to it, but for whatever reason, both mods are affecting that BHAV. Generally speaking, the mod that loads last is the one that "wins" in a conflict. Mods load alphabetically, folders before loose files, so in this case, that'd be creaturefixes, so whatever that mod does to the BHAV in question is what is happening in your game, not whatever Cyjon's mod is supposed to do to it because Cyjon's mod is being overwritten.

Sometimes mod conflicts are perfectly fine together, especially if they do exactly the same thing to the conflicting resource. Sometimes each conflicting mod will partially work, with the last-loading mod taking precedence where they "overlap." This may or may not be OK, depending on what you want your game to do. Sometimes a conflict is fatal, meaning you can't use both without obvious signs of conflict, like Sims resetting (spinning in place) or pie menu options missing or, sometimes but not often, game crashes.

So...Is your game working OK? Are the functions that are important to you from each mod working all right? If so, you can ignore the conflict. If not, then you'll need to make a choice between them or change the load order to see if you like how things work with Cyjon's mod loading last instead of Pescado's. If you can't tell whether or not each is working in full or in part, you can set up a test neighborhood with only those two mods installed and set up situations where you can test each of the listed functions to see which ones will or won't work or if, indeed, all of them still work regardless of the conflict.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The conflict is that they are both affecting the same BHAV, namely "Interaction - Unclaim - TEST" I have no idea what that BHAV does or what either mod is doing to it, but for whatever reason, both mods are affecting that BHAV. Generally speaking, the mod that loads last is the one that "wins" in a conflict. Mods load alphabetically, folders before loose files, so in this case, that'd be creaturefixes, so whatever that mod does to the BHAV in question is what is happening in your game, not whatever Cyjon's mod is supposed to do to it because Cyjon's mod is being overwritten.

Thanks, that's good to know. I could choose one of the mods and place them in the global folder with a 'z' in front of the name.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
So...Is your game working OK? Are the functions that are important to you from each mod working all right? If so, you can ignore the conflict. If not, then you'll need to make a choice between them or change the load order to see if you like how things work with Cyjon's mod loading last instead of Pescado's. If you can't tell whether or not each is working in full or in part, you can set up a test neighborhood with only those two mods installed and set up situations where you can test each of the listed functions to see which ones will or won't work or if, indeed, all of them still work regardless of the conflict.

I think my game's working okay, I haven't seen anything weird up till this point. I have had conflicting mods earlier, for instance the Desk Locator from MogHughson and the CJ-DeskFix, and they seem to be working fine alongside each other, so I know that this is possible. But like I said, I have no clue which behaviour is being meant in the HCDU and if I have already activated this behaviour. On top of that, I've read in multiple (older) threads that Pescado's mods tend to slip in some undocumented gameplay changes, so it could really be anything. Of course, if nobody knows what this is and if I never find anything, I'll just keep using them alongside each other.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simone95
I think my game's working okay, I haven't seen anything weird up till this point. I have had conflicting mods earlier, for instance the Desk Locator from MogHughson and the CJ-DeskFix, and they seem to be working fine alongside each other, so I know that this is possible. But like I said, I have no clue which behaviour is being meant in the HCDU and if I have already activated this behaviour. On top of that, I've read in multiple (older) threads that Pescado's mods tend to slip in some undocumented gameplay changes, so it could really be anything. Of course, if nobody knows what this is and if I never find anything, I'll just keep using them alongside each other.

Unless you understand the BHAVs and what they do (I don't, really), then the only way to figure out what's working or not is, as I said, to create a testing situation to see what's working and what isn't. You're lucky in that the mods in question spell out what they're supposed to be doing. Not all mods are that specific. In any case, back up your neighborhoods, take out all your downloads except the two mods in question, go into the game and start a new neighborhood and in that neighborhood grab some Sims out of the family bin and set up situations to test whether or not each of the functions is working and, if something isn't, whether or not that function is important to you. (I have some conflicting mods that don't function completely, but the stuff that doesn't work isn't stuff that is important to me, but might be important to someone else.) Then, when you're done testing, decide what you want to do about the conflict, put your downloads back in, and restore your backup.

Or, you know, if things are working OK, don't bother doing all that.

One thing to note: Creaturefixes is considered "essential" because it stops grand vamps from biting Crumplebottom, which if it happens can mess up your game installation. Me, I have mods that make it so that grand vamps can't bite anyone autonomously, so I don't really care about that function of creaturefixes which is, in fact, overridden in my game by that other mod. I DO care about the fact that it fixes alien eyes on teens. In fact, I think that's the only part of that mod that's still working in my game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.