Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:09 AM
Default Blurry Object ?
It might be hard to see, but on the back and end of the couch you can see a diagonal line that defines a blurry/non-blurry part. This line moves as I move my mouse around.

I can only guess it is one of the mesh parts. This happens on the couch and loveseat and not the chair. The only thing I can say that is different is the couch and loveseat did give me a uvscale overflow.

Has anyone else had this issue? And is there a known way to fix it? I do need to redo the meshes since the mapping is not how I want it, but before I get too involved there I want to make sure I don't repeat the issue. I've also had this issue before, but I have no idea how or if I fixed it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 1:14 AM
I think this is just the way the game displays the textures. Not sure about other objects but it is very noticeable on couches. Put this pattern on a base game couch and move the camera around, the blur will move all over it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 1:49 AM
That happens for pretty much every object. It's kind of a transition the game is making from the high detailed texture to the lower detailed texture. It depends on how far away, or the angle you are with camera. At least thats what I think,lol.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:54 PM
This happens on a lot objects I downloaded. You're not the only one who has this problem.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 11:03 PM
Try to adjust all Mask height/Mask width in the materials of your mesh (not the shadow) to your multiplier map size.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:22 AM
Pretty sure they are all the same size. The width/height is 200x400 in the mtlscr(?) and the image is 256x512. This is the default from the objects I cloned. They are mapped to the 256x512.

I am noticing this on other EA objects so it's not just mine. But it's still annoying.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 7:53 AM
200x400 is not a DDS-ish size. However, all Mask height/Mask width values need to be the same for high and low LOD as well for diffuse and specular. Otherwise the game chooses the lowest value and and then it looks blurry.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 2:30 PM
Yea, the 200 and 400 are some long number when the MLOD/MODL are decompiled. It's something like 00000200 and 00000400 which relates to 256px x 512px on the dds. It's buried in a thread somewhere around here by Wes, I gotta find it now. LOL
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 4:14 PM
Wes wrote this here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...642#post2905642
(in post#13)

Changing the mask height and width results in less blurring, but you will also see some lines (like in the picture in the first post here) one some objects with proper mask width and height.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster