Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 7:04 PM
Default Sims 3 Mega Legacy Challenge
Sims 3 Mega Legacy Challenge

This is a challenge for anyone who is confident enough to get through it, it won't be easy, it will be fun for the large family lovers. Be prepared!
Rules:
⦁ You must do this with one family
⦁ Optional: You may only have one kid per generation
⦁ Must do in order of appearance

Generations 1-100: Play to 100 Generations
Starting you off with a difficult task; play to 100 generations without losing the family name. The heir may be female or male, but they must get married.

Generations 100-200: Females change their last name to male's
You Must play this for 100 generations without keeping the same last name. It's just as difficult but with that twist of changing the last names. The heir for this must be female.

Generations 200-300: Adoptacy
You should understand the theme now don't you? Every one of these legacies will be played for 100 generations unless it's a special kind of legacy, every heir must be adopted and may be male or female.

Generations 300-326: Alphabetcy
Start generation 1 with "A" names, gen 2 with "B" etc. This will obviously be played for 26 generations, the heir may be male or female.

Generations 326-338: The Chinese Zodiac Legacy(optional)
This will have a lot to explain so I will link it, this will be the last part of this challenge, I hope you have fun with it!
A Legacy Challenge created by Grimm_PANdemic.

Introduction

So I was sitting around,‭ ‬bored off my ya know and almost dreading playing my latest family in the Sims.‭ ‬Why‭? ‬You know,‭ ‬I don‭’‬t really know,‭ ‬but after a bit I started to haunt various legacy stories and it got me all excited like.‭ ‬To be quite frank,‭ ‬I haven‭’‬t been able to do a legacy beyond a few generations.‭ ‬It‭’‬s mostly cause I lose interest once I start...‭ ‬Why‭? ‬I have no idea,‭ ‬but‭ ‬‘cha know just maybe I can stick to it if I‭’‬m the one setting down the rules.‭ ‬So I figured,‭ ‬what the jello...‭ ‬Let‭’‬s create our selves a Legacy Challenge‭! ‬If someone else finds it spiffy enough to want to give it a shot-‭ ‬by all means,‭ ‬do it.‭

The Basics

This will be a twelve generation challenge with each generation based on one of the animals of the Chinese zodiac.‭ ‬The challenge will start with the founder starting as the Rat and then the second generation will be the Ox,‭ ‬the third generation will be the Tiger and this will continue all the way to the twelfth generation ending the challenge.‭

A variant of the challenge changes the number of generations to fourteen.‭ ‬The variant changes the challenge from the Chinese Zodiac Challenge to the Fruits Basket Challenge.‭ ‬Rather than starting off with the Rat,‭ ‬you would start off with the Rice Ball and end the challenge with the Cat.‭ ‬More details will be given in the description of the generations.

Setting Up Your Legacy

Cheating should be done sparingly or not at all.‭ ‬Why‭? ‬Because it takes away some of the value of the accomplishment when you cheat.‭ ‬Normally this isn‭’‬t a bad thing.‭ ‬I love mods and cheats,‭ ‬but it makes it a little less rewarding.‭ ‬So if you must cheat,‭ ‬who the hell am I to stop you.‭ ‬Though if you have a short attention span like I do-‭ ‬playing with minimal cheating might keep you involved longer.‭

Like with all legacies,‭ ‬you should start your legacy in a fresh town on a fresh save.‭ ‬The legacy house should be your primary household and you should‭ ‬try not to jump to other houses in the neighborhood.‭ (‬For practical reasons especially if you‭’‬re using NRaas‭’‬ StoryProgression Mod,‭ ‬because your family members may end up with new jobs and that‭’‬s always annoying.&#8237 ‬I‭’‬m not going to say you have to deal with townies...‭ ‬Clear the town if you want.‭ ‬Plop down all the pre-mades you want.‭ ‬It‭’‬s your game.‭

Speaking of Towns:‭ ‬You‭’‬re going to need a town to play in and there are now several towns to make your own.‭ ‬The original Legacy Challenge rules stated you had to find the most expensive lot in town and be dirt broke.‭ ‬Well,‭ ‬I know that when I moved out on my own,‭ ‬I did not move into an empty lot and have only a few dollars to my name-‭ ‬Thus,‭ ‬I believe that the founder should probably find a medium priced lot and build a quaint little house.‭ ‬You can upgrade from there as your story goes on.‭ ‬If you want to go with the most expensive lot,‭ ‬by all means,‭ ‬it‭’‬s your game.‭ ‬But if you‭’‬re willing to cheat a little bit,‭ (‬and you have World Adventures&#8237 ‬you could get your founder a tent.‭ ‬It‭’‬d be especially significant if you were doing the Fruits Basket Challenge.

To create your founder you should follow the following rules:‭ ‬Be creative.‭ ‬Be original.‭ ‬Make a founder that you will enjoy playing.‭ ‬That‭’‬s pretty much it for the look/age/favorites of your founder.‭ ‬Traits will be determined by whether you are playing the original Chinese Zodiac or the Fruits Basket challenge.‭ ‬I will suggest that you start your legacy with your founder being a Young Adult,‭ ‬but if you want to start as an‭ ‬Adult-‭ ‬that‭’‬s fine.‭ ‬Starting as a Teen is fine as well,‭ ‬provided you have mods that will allow them to live on their own.‭ ‬I‭’‬m not sure about the idea of starting a legacy with an Elder,‭ ‬but if you want to play that way-‭ ‬no one is stopping you.

Concepts found in this Challenge

These concepts are pretty self explanatory,‭ ‬but everything can use a little clarification-‭ ‬I guess.‭ ‬These definitions were originally found on the Original Legacy Challenge rule thread.‭ ‬So if I don‭’‬t explain it well enough,‭ ‬you can take a peek there.

Generation:‭ ‬The Primary Sim you will play as during the Legacy Challenge.‭ ‬This will change as time goes on.‭ ‬You will start with the Founder.‭ ‬He or she will be Generation‭ ‬1.‭ ‬His or her children will become Generation‭ ‬2.‭ ‬The cycle then continues onwards until the challenge ends with either Generation‭ ‬12‭ ‬or Generation‭ ‬14.
Founder:‭ ‬The Sim you whipped up at the Create A Sim screen.‭ ‬This person starts your legacy as Generation‭ ‬1.‭
Heir:‭ ‬This lucky Sim gets all the attention.‭ ‬They will carry on the Legacy‭’‬s bloodline.‭ ‬How do you pick the Heir‭? ‬I dunno,‭ ‬have a random vote or pick the one who you think will portray the next Zodiac Animal best.‭
Spare:‭ ‬These Sims aren‭’‬t as lucky as the Heir.‭ ‬They are the siblings of the Generation‭’‬s Heir.‭ ‬They are‭ ‬destined to probably move out the Legacy House and lead less exciting lives.‭ ‬You can keep them around if you like though.‭ ‬It‭’‬s your choice.
Bloodline:‭ ‬This is any Sim that can trance their family tree directly to the Legacy Founder.‭ ‬Sims that are married in are considered a part of the bloodline when they contribute to the birth of the next generation.
Mate:‭ ‬Any Sim that is lucky enough to get to get down and dirty with the current Heir to produce the next Generation.‭ ‬This lucky Sim gets to become part of the Bloodline after the birth.
Legacy House:‭ ‬This is the lot that your Legacy lives in.‭ ‬If you want you can have them live in the same house from Generation‭ ‬1‭ ‬to Generation‭ ‬12/14‭ ‬that is perfectly acceptable or you can move them around as you please.‭ ‬No one in real life lives in the same house their Great x11‭ ‬Grandparent lived in.‭ ‬At least I don‭’‬t assume so‭?

If you are into Point systems...

The Original Legacy Challenge Rules gave pretty specific ways to make the challenge even more of a game.‭ ‬They did this by incorporating Points into the challenge.‭ ‬Points can be gathered in numerous ways.‭ ‬I will not spend much time discussing the rules on Points,‭ ‬because...‭ ‬well,‭ ‬I don‭’‬t feel like it.‭ ‬If you want to add in the Points rules,‭ ‬by all means do so.

Earn Points By:
Generation‭!‬ -‭ ‬You get a point per Generation.‭ ‬Only the first born gives the point.‭ ‬So the maximum points will be either‭ ‬12‭ ‬or‭ ‬14.
Lifetime Wants‭!‬ -‭ ‬You get a point for completing the Lifetime Want of any family member.‭ ‬This includes any Sim living in the current Legacy House only.
Portraits‭!‬ -‭ ‬Paint a pretty picture of a family member and get a point.‭ (‬The original rules don‭’‬t say whether you get a point per picture of the same member or not.‭ ‬I‭’‬d say that it should not stack.‭ ‬Why should you get‭ ‬5‭ ‬points for five pictures of one narcissistic Sim‭?)
Sculptures‭!‬ -‭ ‬Pretty frozen statues of a family member get you a point too.‭ (‬The original rules don‭’‬t include statues because they were created pre-Ambitions.‭ ‬Same rules as portraits apply.&#8237
Legacy House‭! ‬– Whatever‭ ‬shiny house your legacy lives in‭ ‬can earn you points.‭ ‬You get‭ ‬1‭ ‬point per every‭ ‬$100,000‭ ‬net worth of the house.‭ ‬The net worth is how much the house is worth furnished.‭ ‬Round the net worth up.
Aspiration Rewards‭!‬ – If‭ ‬any Sim in the Legacy household earns a total of‭ ‬100,000‭ ‬points of lifetime happiness,‭ ‬you get a point.‭ ‬This is a whole total of what they have available and have used towards the purchase of rewards.‭ ‬Example:‭ ‬Sean Sim has‭ ‬60K lifetime happiness and has‭ ‬previously‭ ‬purchased‭ ‬the Collector Helper‭ (‬Which costs‭ ‬40K.&#8237 ‬-‭ ‬he has a total of‭ ‬100K Lifetime Happiness and he thus gains the legacy‭ ‬1‭ ‬point.

The Chinese Zodiac Challenge‭ (‬with optional Fruits Basket Challenge rules&#8237

Below are the description of each generation of the challenge.‭ ‬I will be posting the description of the Fruits Basket version as well,‭ ‬but remember those two generations are optional‭! ‬The numbering‭ ‬will follow the original Chinese Zodiac line for the‭ ‬purposes of simplicity. The descriptions of the animals, with the exception of the cat, come from ChineseZodiac.com and Wikipedia’s entry on the Chinese Zodiac. Each Generation has traits and lifetime wishes that would be fitting for their niche. Included will be examples that I could see being fitting, but feel free to interpret the niche’s description however you like. These are just examples!

(Optional) Generation‭ ‬_:
The Rice Ball

In the Japanese animation, Fruits Basket, Tohru Honda was the Rice Ball. (This is a reference to a Japanese elementary school game, Fruits Basket. The game is basically something like musical chairs and duck duck goose. There are no rice balls in the game, which means that Tohru was constantly purposely left uncalled. Mean little snots.)She was the odd one out able to witness the Sohma family curse from an outsider’s perspective. She starts the series humbly, living in a tent in the forest because she did not want to be a burden on her Grandfather or friends. Events unfold that lead her to meet and live with the Sohma family. She becomes extremely attached to them and wants nothing more than to help them and see them happy. Tohru is a young woman with extreme levels of perseverance and optimism. She is slightly high strung, but good-natured and friendly.

This generation starts off as humble as you can get. This is the way to go if you want to start out with the stars above your founder’s head. Pick a nice plot of land and make a quaint little start for him/her. If you want to get really authentic Fruits Basket, start your Founder off living in a tent. To do this you must have World Adventures installed. (You can get a tent without traveling by first opening the command console, CTRL + SHIFT + C and using the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, then using the buydebug cheat. In buy mode you will find a category marked with only a question mark. Under the miscellaneous of that category you will find the tents. Then bam, you have yourself a hobo in a field with a tent.)

Traits to Consider:
Good, Friendly, Over-Emotional, Excitable, Clumsy, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented, Workaholic
Lifetime Wishes to Consider:
Super Popular, Surrounded by Family

Generation‭ ‬1:
The Rat

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Rat are quick-witted,‭ ‬clever,‭ ‬charming,‭ ‬sharp and funny.‭ ‬They have excellent taste,‭ ‬are a good friend and are generous and loyal to others considered part of its pack.‭ ‬Motivated by money,‭ ‬can be greedy,‭ ‬is ever curious,‭ ‬seeks knowledge and welcomes challenges.‭ ‬Compatible with Dragon or Monkey.

Forthright, tenacious, intense, meticulous, charismatic, sensitive, intellectual, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, artistic, shrewd. Can be manipulative, vindictive, self-destructive, envious, mendacious, venal, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, scheming.

Traits to Consider:
Genius, Friendly, Charismatic, Ambitious, Mean Spirited, Artistic, Green Thumb
CEO of a Megacorporation, Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers, Leader of the Free World, Swimming in Cash, The Perfect Garden

Generation‭ ‬2:
The Ox

Another of the powerful Chinese Zodiac signs,‭ ‬the Ox is steadfast,‭ ‬solid,‭ ‬a goal-oriented leader,‭ ‬detail-oriented,‭ ‬hard-working,‭ ‬stubborn,‭ ‬serious and introverted but can feel lonely and insecure.‭ ‬Takes comfort in friends and family and is a reliable,‭ ‬protective and strong companion.‭ ‬Compatible with Snake or Rooster.

Dependable, ambitious, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, dogmatic, hot-tempered, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.

Traits to Consider:
Ambitious, Workaholic, Grumpy, No Sense of Humor, Hot Headed, Neat, Frugal, Snob
CEO of a Megacorporation, Chess Legend, Jack of All Trades, Leader of the Free World, Living in the Lap of Luxury, Renaissance Sim, Swimming in Cash

Generation‭ ‬3:
The Tiger

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Tiger are authoritative,‭ ‬self-possessed,‭ ‬have strong leadership qualities,‭ ‬are charming,‭ ‬ambitious,‭ ‬courageous,‭ ‬warm-hearted,‭ ‬highly seductive,‭ ‬moody,‭ ‬intense,‭ ‬and they‭’‬re ready to pounce at any time.‭ ‬Compatible with Horse or Dog.‭

Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish, aggressive, moody.

Traits to Consider:
Charismatic, Ambitious, Brave, Flirty, Daredevil, Hot Headed
Become an Astronaut, Become a Superstar Athlete, Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers, Heartbreaker, International Super Spy, Firefighter Super Hero

Generation‭ ‬4:
The Rabbit

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Rabbit enjoy being surrounded by family and friends.‭ ‬They‭’‬re popular,‭ ‬compassionate,‭ ‬sincere,‭ ‬and they like to avoid conflict and are sometimes seen as pushovers.‭ ‬Rabbits enjoy home and entertaining at home.‭ ‬Compatible with Goat or Pig.

Gracious, good friend, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, shy, astute, compassionate, lucky, flexible. Can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic, stubborn.

Traits to Consider:
Friendly, Coward, Good, Artistic, Lucky, Snob
Super Popular, Heartbreaker

Generation‭ ‬5:
The Dragon

A powerful sign,‭ ‬those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Dragon are energetic and warm-hearted,‭ ‬charismatic,‭ ‬lucky at love and egotistic.‭ ‬They‭’‬re natural born leaders,‭ ‬good at giving orders and doing what‭’‬s necessary to remain on top.‭ ‬Compatible with Monkey and Rat.

Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, eccentric, intellectual, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, artistic, generous, loyal. Can be tactless, arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, intolerant, dogmatic, violent, impetuous, brash.

Traits to Consider:
Charismatic, Flirty, Genius, Artistic, Hot Headed, Mean Spirited
Leader of the Free World, Super Popular

Generation‭ ‬6:
The Snake

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Snake are seductive,‭ ‬gregarious,‭ ‬introverted,‭ ‬generous,‭ ‬charming,‭ ‬good with money,‭ ‬analytical,‭ ‬insecure,‭ ‬jealous,‭ ‬slightly dangerous,‭ ‬smart,‭ ‬they rely on gut feelings,‭ ‬are hard-working and intelligent.‭ ‬Compatible with Rooster or Ox.‭

Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful. Can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious, suffocating, cold.

Traits to Consider:
Flirty, Hopeless Romantic, Frugal, Genius, Workaholic, Grumpy, Over-Emotional
Heartbreaker

Generation‭ ‬7:
The Horse

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Horse love to roam free.‭ ‬They‭’‬re energetic,‭ ‬self-reliant,‭ ‬money-wise,‭ ‬and they enjoy traveling,‭ ‬love and intimacy.‭ ‬They‭’‬re great at seducing,‭ ‬sharp-witted,‭ ‬impatient and sometimes seen as a drifter.‭ ‬Compatible with Dog or Tiger.

Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile—mentally and physically, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, arrogant, childish, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn.

Traits to Consider:
Adventurous, Frugal, Hopeless Romantic, Flirty, Great Kisser, Excitable, Childish, Inappropriate
Great Explorer, Seasoned Traveler, Heartbreaker, Master Romancer

Generation‭ ‬8:
The Goat

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Goat enjoy being alone in their thoughts.‭ ‬They‭’‬re creative,‭ ‬thinkers,‭ ‬wanderers,‭ ‬unorganized,‭ ‬high-strung and insecure,‭ ‬and can be anxiety-ridden.‭ ‬They need lots of love,‭ ‬support and reassurance.‭ ‬Appearance‭ ‬is important too.‭ ‬Compatible with Pig or Rabbit.

Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, peaceful, generous, seeks security. Can be moody, indecisive, over-passive, worrier, pessimistic, over-sensitive, complainer, weak-willed.

Traits to Consider:
Loner, Adventurous, Over-Emotional, Neurotic, Shy, Artistic, Family-Oriented, Grumpy
Surrounded by Family

Generation‭ ‬9:
The Monkey

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Monkey thrive on having fun.‭ ‬They‭’‬re energetic,‭ ‬upbeat,‭ ‬and good at listening but lack self-control.‭ ‬They like being active and stimulated and enjoy pleasing self before pleasing others.‭ ‬They‭’‬re heart-breakers,‭ ‬not good at long-term relationships,‭ ‬morals are weak.‭ ‬Compatible with Rat or Dragon.‭

Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, artistic, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual. Can be egotistical, vain, arrogant, selfish, reckless, snobbish, deceptive, manipulative, cunning, jealous, suspicious.

Traits to Consider:
Party Animal, Excitable, Commitment Issues, Friendly, Genius, Snob, Evil
Super Popular, Emperor of Evil

Generation‭ ‬10:
The Rooster

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Rooster are practical,‭ ‬resourceful,‭ ‬observant,‭ ‬analytical,‭ ‬straightforward,‭ ‬trusting,‭ ‬honest,‭ ‬perfectionists,‭ ‬neat and conservative.‭ ‬Compatible with Ox or Snake.

Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible. Can be over zealous and critical, puritanical, egotistical, abrasive, proud, opinionated, given to empty bravado.

Traits to Consider:
Neat, Workaholic, Snob, Perfectionist, Handy
Gold Digger, The Tinkerer

Generation‭ ‬11:
The Dog

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Dog are loyal,‭ ‬faithful,‭ ‬honest,‭ ‬distrustful,‭ ‬often guilty of telling white lies,‭ ‬temperamental,‭ ‬prone to mood swings,‭ ‬dogmatic,‭ ‬and sensitive.‭ ‬Dogs excel in business but have trouble finding mates.‭ ‬Compatible with Tiger or Horse.

Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, sensitive, easy going. Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome.

Traits to Consider:
Friendly, Good, Hot Headed, Over-Emotional, Neurotic, Couch Potato, Grumpy
Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers

Generation‭ ‬12:
The Pig

Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Pig are extremely nice,‭ ‬good-mannered and tasteful.‭ ‬They‭’‬re perfectionists who enjoy finer things but are not perceived as snobs.‭ ‬They enjoy helping others and are good companions until someone close crosses them,‭ ‬then look out‭! ‬They‭’‬re intelligent,‭ ‬always seeking more knowledge,‭ ‬and exclusive.‭ ‬Compatible with Rabbit or Goat.

Honest, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naïve, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.

Traits to Consider:
Perfectionist, Good, Friendly, Genius, Workaholic, Neurotic, Snob
Gold Digger

(Optional) Generation _:
The Cat

A short version taken from the Wikipedia entry on Chinese Zodiac origin stories: Once upon a time, the Jade Emperor thought it'd be better to assign an animal to each year so people could more easily remember the Zodiac cycle. So he decided to hold a meeting with all the animals and he would choose 12 of them to be the Zodiac animals. At that time, cat and rat were close friends. They were very excited about the meeting and decided to go early. However, cat was a sleepyhead. He hardly ever woke up before noon. On the night before the meeting, he asked rat to wake him early the next morning. When morning came, rat got up early and quietly left for the meeting alone. When cat finally woke up in afternoon, he knew it was too late. Feeling betrayed, he vowed that henceforth rat would be his enemy. So that’s also why cats are always chasing after rats.

In the Japanese animation, Fruits Basket, the Cat was the 13th member of the Zodiac. There is a legend that states the cat was invited to a party to induct the animals into the Zodiac, but the cat missed the party. The cat was shunned by the rest of the zodiac, but still suffered from the curse as well having a monstrous true form. Kyo Sohma is the current cat of the Zodiac and he spends most of his time training to fight the Rat. Kyo is a loner and barely keeps his temper in check.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 11:43 PM
Now I understand this will be difficult, but you can do this if your feeling bored, or just really like large legacies, I believe in you!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 4:04 AM
I started this off & the founders are in university, so i'm not far ahead, but If i know I can do this, so can anyone else!
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:06 PM
But it will take a lot time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:45 AM
I know, my fam is at gen 5...I just came up with this challenge when I was bored & played the family when I was bored...