Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 4:03 AM
Default "Set to Next" failing for Sim search
How does [prim 0x001F] Set to Next (Stack Object, person) fail if there are Sims on the lot?

I have a Main BHAV which idles, checks to see if a global object exists, and then cycles through the Sims on the lot. The problem is that it never seems to find a person on the lot. I've set Dialog notifications. The false path is always taken, giving a "Could not find a person" alert.

My idea is to make an interaction (which is stored in the global object) autonomous based upon the presence of this object on the lot. So the Main BHAV idles, looks for the global object, finds Sims on the lot who meet the interaction's criteria and who have nothing better to do, and pushes the interaction onto them. But if the object can't find any Sims, then yeah, it's not going to work.

ETA: I realize that the loop timing needs work so it doesn't cycle as quickly and that it shouldn't continue to search while not in Live mode.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test.zip (17.0 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 8:05 AM
Are you setting Stack Object ID to 0x0 before you enter your loop? (I'd look myself, but I don't have SimPE handy)
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 2:37 AM
Er, nope. That did the trick. All too often, it's something easily overlooked.

Thanks!

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...