Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 8:55 PM
I think I have about 1100 game mods, in a total downloads folder of 4 GB. The mods cover everything from safety of the game, via extra spells for my witches, to making Mr Humble's computer buyable instead of having a personal visit to every house.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 10:18 PM
I have only a handful of mods installed: No witch skin and no witch clothes mods, (I like to have all my witches as individuals, with their own clothing and color theme), a no spoil for food, and one that keeps my fireplaces lit and prevents them from causing fires. The rest of my huge downloads folder is all cc. I love furniture, historical clothing, decor items, walls and floors. Other than the usual cheats for decorating and building, the only one I employ all the time is aging off. I can't bear to see my Sims and their pets get old and die. I do see many mods I'd like to try out, but I never seem to get around to it.
Alchemist
#28 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:00 AM
Like most, it's too many to list. I have all the bug fixes. The others are mostly things that expand gameplay, like ACR, inteen, a bunch of squinge's mods, and things that bring the game more in line with my views, like adopted children filling the "have baby" want, marriage equality, instead of joined unions, and for a non real life example, witches' alignments not being affected by spell casting.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 8:09 AM
I don't have as many as most players - but I do have some
Apart from the essential mods, I have some others that vary from perfect plants to ACR
Default eyes and skins
Clothing, hair and a ridiculous number of walls and floors
Some very pretty (imo) furniture and recolors
and plants and more plants and some more plants

Bring on the fires in my game None of my sims have died from a fire in the house yet - they have fire alarms and sprinklers. And they like to throw dinner parties (guests run away, though, if the food catches fire )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Dulcinea : 18th Aug 2018 at 12:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheJessaChannel
3,198 Files, 271 Folders in my mods folder.

@TheJessaChannel if that is a subfolder, then I'm very curious to know how many files and folders are in your Downloads folder in total? I think you have the record for most mods so far 🤯 🤣

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
From memory: ACR, Mega College Hack, Bed-making fix, Coffee set down fix, no complain-y friends phone fix, sims wash their hands after using toilet, water pretty up mod, sky pretty up mod, Trim inaccessible bushes and water inaccessible flowers, nounlinkondelete, no dormie, townie, down-townie, pets, tourist and tour guide re-spawns, Additional wishes mod, part time job mod, apartments can have community lot functions/NPCs, no getting up at 3 am to watch snow or rain fix, pets eat their damn food fix, watch tv from any spot mod, summer vacation mod, children's fun doesn't tank and also they ask if they can bring friends home mod, omg are you actually reading all this?, sims don't freak out at fire mod, sims stop eating when full, romance mod so teens/ya's stay attracted when one bops off to uni, flowers look wilted in winter mod, cats hunt roaches, close bird cages after done playing with them fix, Hotel fixes from Paladin, Greater fruit and veggie yields from BO, no sim loaded too, surfing mod, promote anyone to manager, hire family for businesses, ask anyone to watch kids, select your cemetery, still reading this - wow, build/buy enabled on community lots, no red pause, no plumbobs, degrees connect to careers better, extended lifespan, you should get a cookie if you've gotten this far, use inaccessible beds, no fresh food effects, kitten/puppy fur patterns enabled.

I'm sure I have more.

@Charmful haha I would never be able to list any cc or mods like that from memory. I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night 😅 I'm very interested in the additional wishes mod you mention and tried to find it with no luck -any idea where I can find it?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:47 PM
Additional wish mods - (probably incompatible with each other, so only choose one mod)

Cyjon's "New Genie Wishes" - http://www.cyjon.net/node/390
Black Spirit's "Better Genie Lamp Wishes" - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=276279
Arek91's fixed Youth wish - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316080
Mkvenner's alternate Youth wish (sims keep occult status like witches etc. when aging down) - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=327447
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:00 AM
@dulcinea: 54,009 Files, 3,546 Folders total DLs = 13.6 GB

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Scholar
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:39 AM
Just a few... thousand files. 3.76 GB
13.6 GB? wow!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:31 AM
That's actually pretty common around here.
I won't even say how much I don't have installed downloaded. I was able to get it down to here from about 20Gb on my older-older computer by splitting my modern game and my medieval game into two sims 2 folders.

Modern folder 50,475 files, 4,625 folders (I really like my folders ) 12.8 GB.

Medieval folder 17,086 (no wonder it loads so much faster...) 2,025 8.35GB

Nobody can compete with DigitalSympathies who has 75GB-installed, last I heard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#35 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 4:49 PM
So apparently my sub-folder called "Mods and Fixes" is all of 17.4 MB, yes megabytes, large.

But I'm pretty sure some more are hiding mis-categorized in the other folders.

Also this doesn't include defaults.

The bulk of those are just fixes that correct buggy game behaviour, including the anti-corruption fixes. The only two things I have that really mod the game behaviour are Inge's asjustable aging mod (more days to adulthood, less to teenagerhood) the Romance Mod (NOT ACR), casting spells without ingridients and making the game count same-sex marriage and adoption for lifetime wants.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#36 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
been awhile since I checked number of mods/hacks.
a number of them I downloaded; and others I created.

current mods that I remember::
created (their functions):
-stargazing (ground/floor type) and cloud watching available at all hours; "Fly Here" unintentionally available to also non-vampires.
-extended availability of all telescope interactions.
-gardener coming everyday instead of every third day.
-changed semester length; changed amounts of money from college grades.
-changed season lengths; different chances of weather.
-earlier and higher chance of becoming a plantsim from spraying.
-witch/warlock spells not requiring reagents; and no failure from casting spells.
downloaded:
-creature fixes
-kids & pets unattended

downloaded a number of other mods and I think I created a few more mods.

hacks; downloaded and created many.
Undead Molten Llama
#37 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 10:56 PM
I'm another who has too many to list. But it's hard to say exactly how many because some of them -- like age mods or certain *ahem* naughty things -- I only use in certain neighborhoods, which are each in a separate user account on my dedicated Simming computer, so that I don't have to screw around switching around folders when I want to play a particular neighborhood. Also, I relatively recently separated out "fixes" from pure game-changing hacks in my "organizational structure." (In quotes because my organizational structure isn't very...organized ) The fixes went in with the defaults because, in my mind, defaults are the ultimate "fix" for ugly Maxis crap.

But when you add everything together (as in game-changing hacks and little fix-Maxis-WTFery-and-broken-coding sort of fixes, but not default replacements because I don't consider those to be actual mods), I've got about 1500 mods but, as I said, some of them are only used in specific "niche" neighborhoods that I play. I wouldn't want to play without any of them. I've developed the perfect "cocktail" for making the game what I want it to be. Which is probably not what anyone else would want it to be.

(As an aside, when it comes to mods, the physical size of your mod folder doesn't really say much. Most mods, even the "big" ones, are teeny-tiny files, like 1 or 2KB in size because they're pretty much just text. It's the stuff that has meshes and graphics/textures that are space-eaters, especially hairs and things like custom skies/horizons. Generally, people who have huge Downloads folders have lots of hairs or, lately, lots of huge neighborhood deco like skies/horizons, which are super high-res and therefore very large in file size. I "only" have ~8GB (Compressorized) of CC in my largest folder, but I'd wager that I have more individual files than people who have 25-50% more than that, simply because I DON'T have a lot of those things. I defaulted all the Maxis hairs, but only have a few strictly custom hairs. And I MADE a lot of custom skies, but I don't keep them all in my game at once.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 2 of 2