Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 9:04 AM
Default TESTERS WANTED: GMDC to Poser file converter
I know there are people out there that are using poser for body modifications by extracting the mesh with what started out as Delphy's and later became the standard .obj mesh exporter in SimPE.
Poser is quite powerful, but I don't know how to do a lot with it myself. But I do know that in the GMDC is information related to the joints for the skeleton, their relationship to the "skin" (through the vertices) and that a lot of the objects have fit/fat and soome pregnant blend data.
I figured out how to take a raw GMDC (extracted from the .package file) and create a file that poser 5 (which is what I have) will load.
I plan to post this here, it's a small tool program, to see if anyone thinks there is any justification in further developing the concept. There is a lot more research I have to do to get the bones and other available data into poser, but if I can succeed in doing that, then I will know how to make a tool to go the other way (Poser2GMDC).
All feedback, negative or positive, is always appreciated.
<* Wes *>
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  GMDC2Poser.zip (26.7 KB, 46 downloads) - View custom content

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.