Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 12:17 AM
Help on a roof
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a roof from a maxis house in the late night expansion but I can't seem to find the way to do it, can somebody help me?

I want to make the roof shorter by one column but I can't remove that border, if I try to remove it it makes a hole like it is some kind of wall...

Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 4:56 AM
That "roof" is done with friezes. It acts like a foundation, is 6 clicks high, and can be placed above walls. Friezes were first introduced in Ambitions, and are available even if you don't have that game, as long as your Base game is patched high enough.
To add new friezes, open the cheat console and type in "placefriezes on" without the quotes. Then you can use the foundation tool to make those friezes and modify the roof (it temporarily replaces the tool). When you're done and don't want to make friezes anymore, deactivate the cheat by turning the value to "off".
dodgy builder
#3 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 12:17 PM
I don't know if you have figured this out, but if you need it only 1 tile shorter on the long side you might have to build support from the ground up. That is if you want the 1 tile edge on as on the original.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
That "roof" is done with friezes. It acts like a foundation, is 6 clicks high, and can be placed above walls. Friezes were first introduced in Ambitions, and are available even if you don't have that game, as long as your Base game is patched high enough.
To add new friezes, open the cheat console and type in "placefriezes on" without the quotes. Then you can use the foundation tool to make those friezes and modify the roof (it temporarily replaces the tool). When you're done and don't want to make friezes anymore, deactivate the cheat by turning the value to "off".

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I don't know if you have figured this out, but if you need it only 1 tile shorter on the long side you might have to build support from the ground up. That is if you want the 1 tile edge on as on the original.

Thanks to both of you! I managed to change the roof with that cheat and I was having trouble because there was no support Thanks guys!