Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default setup's cab file
I am trying to install game and receiving the following message: "Fullbuild1.package doesn't match the file in setup's .cab file. The medium which you are running from may be corrupt." WTF? I have already exchanged game at Best Buy two times because of this message? Is is game or my computer? Please help me thanks.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM
Can you read other DVDs properly in your DVD drive?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:17 AM
Yes I play Sims 2 constantly.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:05 AM
Are you sure that's a DVD, not a CD? It's highly unlikely that you'd get three defective discs in a row.
You are doing a clean uninstall after each failure - deleting any files the installer might have left behind?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:09 AM
Just by a fluke I figured out that as long as my wireless internet was connected/ working the Sims3 would not load properly. While having trouble with my internet connection I tried once again (5th time) to load the Sims 3 and it worked!! Thanks for trying to help whiterider.
Site Helper
#6 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
You must be using the launcher. You might want to consider bypassing the launcher and running TS3.exe directly.