Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
screen shots are dark?
I know its not a computer problem or a photoshop problem after many test even with the sims2, but the screen shots are still just dark(see attachment) when they should look like the other shot attached. has anyone else had this problem?
Screenshots

Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
How are you taking the screencaps? Using the game functions, print screen, or other (name it) program? One of the shots looks fine.. how did you get that one to work?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:15 AM
I had the same problem. I used print screen. Mine were actually darker
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:11 PM
I got the second shot to work by brightening it up, but this only works with objects because the skin seems to be all unnaturally glowing when i brighten the image.

I'm not using any program to do it just simple print screen like angels1012

Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:55 PM
I have the same problem. Unlike you, it's the Sims pictures that I manage to correct the best (with the shadow/highlight of Photoshop), but on objects, this feature seems to spoil the colors and the contrasts. *sad sigh*
Theorist
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:52 PM
I too have the same problem. Using in-game camera, though, solved it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM
Wow! I didn't think to such an obvious solution!! thank you, I've checked a screenshot I took accidentally, and it's perfect! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM
o.O So it isnt just me!!! Yeah if I do a "Print screen" the images come out way dark, I have to use the game camera in order for anything to turn out...
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
It happens when you play on fullscreen. Just open your console and type in fullscreen off, or use the ingame camera. I minimazed my game and now it's perfect, and the quality is even better. :D