Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 9:06 PM
Default Trying to make this house more interesting around the back
I'm working on a new Shields Road lot. The house has a basement and I want it to possibly open up at the back. Any ideas/suggestions?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 9:36 PM
Moved to Creator Feedback.

I would suggest a bit smaller back area that is sunken, or gradually slope it up from the house to the back lot line. Another option is to create a retaining wall: http://www.modthesims.info/d/453687/
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:27 AM
After playing with the retaining walls and the terrain, I came up with this.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:46 AM
The back looks a lot better. Maybe some kind of window at the front? http://sofysticated-sims.blogspot.c...e-one-with.html Not sure you can now, but maybe some would place with moveobjects like pretend windows or even just a fence, the opening seems unfinished.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The back looks a lot better. Maybe some kind of window at the front? http://sofysticated-sims.blogspot.c...e-one-with.html Not sure you can now, but maybe some would place with moveobjects like pretend windows or even just a fence, the opening seems unfinished.

Could you please specify whereabouts on the front?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:16 AM
The openings. I would run a low barrier fence along each one. I can imagine rainwater running down there anytime it rained awhile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The openings. I would run a low barrier fence along each one. I can imagine rainwater running down there anytime it rained awhile.

Does this look alright?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 11:40 PM
That looks okay, I was thinking of a low fence to stop water running down but that could work more as a security fence. I would experiment with different ones, see what looks best.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 9:51 AM
Here are a few others I looked at. It might be best if I stick to what I used originally - it matches the railings and stairs.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th May 2019 at 6:16 AM
First one matches best, yes.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th May 2019 at 11:54 AM
You could place some bushes and flowers on those grassy rows next to the stairs? Also try messing around with terrain paint to make it more realistic and interesting!

Edit: specifically some of the different grasses, like flowers and stuff; not always dirt