Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 3:55 AM
Default What is wrong with my body shop?
OK so firstly I'll mention that I'm using a different computer than my sims 2 ultimate collection was usually on. On my old laptop body shop and sims 2 worked fine. This computer I've had to manually go in to text files to fix sims 2 resolution in game and the quality of the textures in body shop(they were coming out blurry).

For some reason when I create a new project, when I export the project into the game after editing it, and then go onto build sims to check that it comes out OK, when I go back to the load saved projects those projects now show up as a maxis item of clothing that changes every time I click it.

How can I fix this? I feel like it only started doing this after a mesh I downloaded. could this mesh be creating issues? I haven't been using the mesh and even then it still has issues just recolouring maxis clothing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 10:16 AM
Projects sometimes get corrupted. If they don't look like the original you made, delete it and make a new one. Otherwise, clicking on the project can sometimes make Bodyshop crash (I've had that happen several times, particularly when I'm batch-making unchanged files for slaving or similar).

I've noticed it always happen if the original cloned file is removed, sometimes happen if you don't make any changes to the texture or text before importing to game, and may happen more often if the cloned file is slaved. A high sortidx number (the number keeping track of where the file is supposed to be in the catalog) may also be a problem, and a few other things, too. If you always make changes to the description the issue happens less often.

If you have layered texture files or anything else you want to keep from the project, save a copy somewhere else. They'll be safer, since occasionally projects can be deleted from Bodyshop for various reasons, particularly if the project causes Bodyshop to crash.

The package file in the project folder can be deleted too. If you've done "import to game" the finished files are in SavedSims. The package files in the Project folder are templates and won't work ingame because they lack a few resources (import to game adds the resources).