Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:06 PM
Default My saved game not working?
Hey, well I went to the store and got my sims 3 copy, like a good citizen and I have been playing it a lot lately, and I decided to play another family, so I went on to the "Edit Town" view, and then I got called so I quickly saved and went, then came back and turned off the game and my computer but when I came back to play it just there, my saved game was there but it wouldn't like me play. Also, I had saved it on town view, so I wasn't expecting a family, but it said the family name was 'Ramirez'? but that wasn't the family I made, and also there was no picture of the house or family and went I clicked to tick to play it wouldn't do anything, I continued to click but nothing happened?

Does anyone know what I could do, I had got so far in my neighbourhood, and I had spend ages making their homes, because I find building a home or sim now takes so much longer than before, which I like all the selections and what-not but I spend nearly 2 or 3 hours just decorating a home and I don't want to lose my sims.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

x
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:03 PM
The game automatically backs up your previous save in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves with a file extension of .backup. If it's there, you could try renaming the existing save to .new (just in case you want it again) and then renaming the backup to the standard save name. You might lost something, but at least you won't have lost everything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:37 AM
Thanks for your help the sooner I can get my game back the better, haha. But I have 4 saved games, the 2 backups of Sunset Valley and Riverview and then 2 saves of my game. One is a Sims3 package and another is a .bad package, would the .bad package be the backup or the corrupted file?
Site Helper
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:29 PM
.bad isn't an extension that I'm familiar with... My game save directory has a <neighborhood>.sims3 and a <neighborhood>.sims3.backup.

If I were you, I would copy all of your save games somewhere else on your disk (not in the My Documents folder) and then try each one in turn by copying it back to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and renaming it to <neighborhood>.sims3. Keep a record of which ones work and which ones fail. Then, use the one that is the closest to the one you lost.

This is why it's a good idea to save frequently and to keep occasional backups which are not under My Documents... I really hope that you haven't lost too much. I just had the game crash right after my sim achieved his lifetime wish, so I can sympathize.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:07 PM
I gave that a go and tried both saved games at different times, and none of them worked.
It did show the family's right name but it still didn't show the family or lot pictures. So I suggest if your ever going to save the game in 'Edit Town' view just be careful as it might not load again.
Well thanks a lot for you help, you replied quicker to my problem than EA, I asked them about it nearly 3 days ago.
I also sympathize with you, I'd get completely annoyed and angry if it crashed like that, grrr.

x