Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 4:31 PM
Default Where can I get fences that actually work with the basegame?
So far I have only found one glass fence thing that actually works with the basegame, so there MUST be other fences that will work too, so where can I find others?

Also, is there a place where I could download a hack for diagonal pools, stairs, objects etc that is actually compatible with the basegame?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 5:00 PM
to get diagonal abjects type
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true - and false to turn it off in the cheat box.
and try looking on mts2 fences should be compatible with BG only.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 5:14 PM
I believe you have to have university for boolprop 45 degree to work

and I'm with you lone soldier on the fence dill.
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 5:22 PM
That cheat does not work with the base game; it requires at least one EP. (I don't think Uni specifically is required, I think it carried forward, but I can't be 100% certain.)

There is definitely not any way to get diagonal pools without an EP that supports them (NL or later), and there is no hack that would allow 45 degree rotation without an EP that supports it (again, Uni or later). Faux-diagonal objects and objects designed for corner placement exist, but not collected into one mod or set.

The majority of custom fences require at least one EP. All of the "at least one EP" requirements tend to reflect either a change in the game engine that made it much easier to accomplish some aspect of content creation, or a change in the game engine which simply made the base game content not work with the new engine and vice versa (and thus there's an EP requirement because people make content that works in their own games).

Most stuff packs will also update your game engine, by the way, which would help with a lot of the must-have-an-EP requirements without adding an actual EP, but any update in game engine can also increase system requirements.
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:42 PM
Aww Jesus.

Boy, I have really come to despise the term "expansion pack"...

WHY can't they put all this neato junk into one game instead of forcing you to buy the same game several times for well over forty bucks a piece...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:44 PM
Because people will pay, and they're a business?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Lone Soldier
Aww Jesus.

Boy, I have really come to despise the term "expansion pack"...

WHY can't they put all this neato junk into one game instead of forcing you to buy the same game several times for well over forty bucks a piece...

Well with Sims 3 coming out in Feb 2009 all of those expensive expansion packs will drop in price.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:06 PM
This may help with the 45 degree thing though- I remember using this when I had the basegame back in 2005.
http://www.modthesims2.com/download...5+degree+bamboo
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:26 PM
None of the EPs should cost US$40 right now. Not even Apartment Life and it's the newest. And it took them several years to produce and release all the EPs, so as expensive as it can be to get them one by one, it's definitely more work than would normally go into one game no matter what. (It'd be nice if they would put more work and content into their base games and also make the EPs more robust and have fewer, but somehow I don't see that happening with TS3.)

Interesting to see that, simsample -- I had no idea the ability was actually in the game before Uni after all, but NL was either just released or just about to be released when I got the base game, so I added Uni and NL after a very short time.
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 8:44 PM
YAY! *hugs*

Thank you soo much

Where can I find a full list of objects that work and don't work in the diagonal position?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 8:47 PM
There really is no good list - the only thing I've ever seen was a partial list from years ago, and even that was hit or miss - some things even in the same category (like, say, two different living chairs), one would work and one wouldn't. It's really a "try and see" sort of thing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 9:21 PM
I have a list that might help, it was copied "as is" from another website.
xo

*NOTE* I did NOT do all of this research.. all credit for this goes to the original posters previously in this thread.. I've barely started experimenting with 45*. - I do have one note in there that's originally mine.. I'll change the text on it to point it out. -- i divided the list between -WORKS-, -DOESN'T WORK-, and MAYBE's, where I couldn't interpret whether it worked or didn't, since it seemed it included lots of effort to make it work.
================================================== ==
boolprop Allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true

Yes- Will work at 45*

Comfort
*Dining Chairs - ALL
*Recliners
Contempto Outdoor living lounge?
Kick backyard lounge chair ?
*Sofas- All work, BUT CANNOT BE PLAYED ON.
Loveseat by Club Distress,
Mediocre Medieval Loveseat
Merokkan Loveseat
Contempo Adirondack Loveseat
Zecutime Cityside loveseat
Baroccoco Loveseat by MiRE
Luxuiare Loveseat
*Beds -All- -However may look odd.
*Misc
Piece of quiet park bench CANNOT BE PLAYED ON.

Surfaces
*Tables do work, but have a smaller space. ie, 3 length fits two instead
-**Dining tables will not function in my game.. NL?
*End Tables - all work
*Coffee Tables -all work

Plumbing
*Tubs and showers - all work and play
*Sinks- only pedastal sinks?
*Hot Tubs - work but look odd sometimes

Decorative
*plants -work
*Sculptures -work
*wall hangings - work but look odd sometimes
*Mirrors -work
*Curtains -N/A- Will already hang at 45*

Hobby
*Creativity -all but Easel and Drum Kit work
*Knowlege -everything but the two telescopes work.
-Someone else DID get expensive Telescope to work.

Electronics
*Entertainment -everything but amazing matey and pimp viking 3d works. these

two don't.
*TV's -Sims stand to watch, unless furniture is also at 45*.
*Audio - Works
*Small Electronics - work

Lighting -ALL work

Appliances
*Oven -all work except the shinytime cooktop.
*Fridges -work

Build
*Fireplaces - The modern one works including animation - The potbelly cannot
be lit.

==============================

No! - Will NOT work at 45*

Comfort
Mr BearlyButts
Outdoor Deckchairs
The medievel armchair (the wooden one, like the dining chair but with arms)
*Sofas- All work, BUT cannot be played
Piece of quiet park bench CANNOT BE PLAYED.

Surfaces
*Cabinets - do not work.
*Tables do work, BUT have a smaller space. ie, 3 length fits two instead
-**Dining tables will not function in my game.. NL?
*Desks - do not work
*Miscellanious -work - BUT dresser messes up, chair and mirror move to a step right after use

Plumbing
*Toilets
*Sinks- other than pedastal sinks?

Decorative

Hobby
*Creativity -all but Easel and Drum Kit work
*Knowlege -everything but the two telescopes work.
**Someone else DID get expensive Telescope to work.
Electronics
*Entertainment -Amazing matey and pimp viking 3d do not work.
*TV's -Sims stand to watch unless furniture is also at 45*.
*Computers will not work because they need to be on surfaces that do not match up with chairs at 45 degree.
*Cash Registers

Appliances
*Oven -all work EXCEPT the shinytime cooktop.
*BBQ's- none of the bbq's work.
*Small Appliances -cannot be put on cabinets at 45 degree when the cabinet is straight. cabinets will not work at 45*
so therefore do not work.
*In Cabinet Large Appliances -for the same reason as above, will not work.

Build
*Steps- don't work

===============================
*Maybe, with effort*

-desks, chess tables, dining tables, breakfast bars, etc work but it takes a bit of fiddling to get the

chairs just right. The dressing table (that came with Uni) works but when they're done using it they

push the bench off to the side instead of back under.
-did you just put them at an angle or did you use SnapObjectsToGrid as well? I think I have used a

sink at an angle before as well and didn't have any trouble...but it was only the bathroom pedestal

sinks, not the counters that you drop the basin in.
-yes, I used snapobjectstogrid.. but as soon as I moved the sink a bit my sim couldn't use it

anymore..
-yeah, that is what I thought, I remember using a pedestal sink and just using the angle cheat and

that worked fine for me, just couldn't use the other sinks at a 45 degree angle.

windkeeper's awnings work at an angle, but then you have to use the uni angle cheat and snap to grid cheat !!

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 9:27 PM
Generally speaking, many one tile objects work but most two tile objects won't. Some sofas will be only usable on one seat; the easel is nonfunctional on an angle.

Edit: Oops, beaten by Rhonda!
Scholar
#14 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 12:50 AM
I found one fence that does not require an EP:
xo

http://www.essetisimsroyale.com/Mes...TouchMeshes.htm

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
Search on MTS2 for objects by Numenor.. He has a set of fences and arched gates that are compatible with the base game..

Rheassi