Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 3:13 PM
Default Moving the position of the Sun in lots.
Is there anything (whether that be hack, program or whatever) that allows you to change the position of the sun in a lot. I'm sick of the sun shining on the back of a house when I'm trying to take screenshots..
Thanks in advance

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 3:40 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 4:00 PM
No.. all that does is add sunsets/sunrises, it doesn't change the position of the sun..
Thanks anyway though

Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 12:58 AM
I like that sunset mod, glad someone pointed it out!

cloudburst, I believe what you want is the LotAdjuster:
http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=282409

I used it to rotate Andi and MaryLou's minlots, so the sun shines on the front of them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 9:44 AM
Yeah, I already have that, but as far as I can tell, all you can do is move the road, which doesn't really help since i've already built the house lol.
Also, just found this on the Lot Size/Oientation/Rotation thread:

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
The sun direction is somehow hardwired into the lot at the time of its creation. I know of no way to change it afterwards. This goes for both the in-lot view and the impostor (neighbourhood view). Rotating the lot doesn't do anything (I assume you mean "rotating" by normal in-game means: picking up the lot and turning it around) -- every lot has its own private little sun, so to speak.

So it sounds like it's probably not possible right now. I'll just deal with it on this house that I've just made, and then make sure the sun is right on any future ones before I start building.
Thanks for the minilots by the way, I use them all the time. :D

Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 9:50 AM
If you already had a lot you wanted to keep for some reason, you'd build the house facing the sun, regardless of where the road is, then rotate it.

You'd have to rebuild your current house to achive that, in which case, you might as well start with a lot that faces the right way.

A tip I use is to place an empty lot, then if I'm not sure where the sun will be, I build a box of walls and check. If it isn't where I want it, I place a new lot in the proper orientation instead.
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 10:12 AM
I have a lot that I can see from the neighborhood view. It's just a box house, with a sun painted on the ground outside. So whenever I want to build a new lot, I'll know which way the sun is shining.

I do wish there was such a thing as a "sun adjuster", as a few houses I have downloaded, I wish they were facing the sunny side.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SalixTree
I have a lot that I can see from the neighborhood view. It's just a box house, with a sun painted on the ground outside. So whenever I want to build a new lot, I'll know which way the sun is shining.

I do wish there was such a thing as a "sun adjuster", as a few houses I have downloaded, I wish they were facing the sunny side.

To cloudburst666, sorry for hijacking your thread but when I saw this I had to ask.

SalixTree, did you make these floors yourself or did you download them? If you downloaded them, where can I find these for myself?
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xK-la
To cloudburst666, sorry for hijacking your thread but when I saw this I had to ask.

SalixTree, did you make these floors yourself or did you download them? If you downloaded them, where can I find these for myself?

You can use terrain paint.
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 5:23 PM
here's a pic, so you can see what I mean. I used a Maxis yellow rug for the sun, I think.

Alchemist
#11 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 4:12 AM
As long as such a marked lot is never moved within the hood, it's reliable. Once you move it to a different part of the map, it probably isn't.

The other trick, visible from Salixtree's picture, is that the sunny side of a lot, visible in hood view, becomes the opposite when you enter it. So, the lot above has sun at the back left in the picure, but in play, the lot would be lit from the front right.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SalixTree
here's a pic, so you can see what I mean. I used a Maxis yellow rug for the sun, I think.

Oh okay, awesome, thanks for showing me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:33 PM
SalixTree, thanks for the idea, I will definately use it
Thanks aelflaed as well