Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 10:35 AM
Default Custom Food Questions
I'm making a custom food and I ran into a couple of things that I would like to change, but I don't know how (or even if I can).

Firstly, can you change the number of bites taken before the mesh goes from full to half eaten? Currently it goes down to half eaten on the very first bite and I don't want that. Also, can you change when the serving platter goes down from full to half full appearance as well?

Secondly, can you change the amount of time it takes to eat a food? My sims are gobbling it down in a couple of bites and I'd like it to last a little longer.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 6:06 AM
Noone knows? Oh well, thanks anyway.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 6:12 AM
Maybe try hailing people who make food? http://modthesims.info/browse/ts2/5...Type=1&tag=food

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe try hailing people who make food? http://modthesims.info/browse/ts2/5...Type=1&tag=food

With that logic she should hail herself. Personally, I find that rude. That's no different than pm'ing a ton of people with questions.

Pretty sure the number of bites is based off the mesh groups. You might need to remake meshes to change. I looked at my own pumpkin pie, and the eat morph has just three meshes, whole, half and none. I can't even remember at this point how long it took to eat though.

As to the how fast they eat, isn't there a mod to slow down eating? Or am I thinking of ts3/ts4?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 4:32 AM Last edited by Charity : 12th Jan 2019 at 12:54 PM.
I asked myself, but I didn't know. :P

I think there is a slow down eating mod, but for eating in general. I just want this particular food to take more bites to eat. All meshes have the full, half eaten, empty groups. It's just how many bites it takes to show half empty. Some foods it takes several bites, but this one, one bite and half is gone. I'm guessing it's because I based the food on the santa cookies, which being cookies Maxis obviously didn't think should take very long to eat and the first bite cuts the cookie in half. Santa cookies was the only one that had the right prep states. I was hoping it might be changeable in the BHAVs or BCONs, but maybe not.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 11:51 AM
Well, shows how much I know about food! ha! I don't pay all that much attention to them eating tbh. You may be right that it is located in a bhav/bcon. Maybe try cloning a food item that has the right number of bites, but uncheck all the boxes in simpe. This will pull more resources, then you use Import Semiglobals to pull in all from the group? Or use Finder to pull all specific bhav/bcons from that food item?