Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6273
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3309 (Who?), Viewed: 58338 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Mar 2019, 5:26 PM #3301
ChickenMadam
Lab Assistant

1 Achievements

While doing the Crumplebottom challenge, I put a belled collar on Mr. Tibbles. I did not know that it would continuously jingle and actually got up off my butt and looked around my actual house to see if one of my cats was playing with a bell. *facepalm* I need some sleep. XD
Old 12th Mar 2019, 8:52 PM #3302
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMadam
While doing the Crumplebottom challenge, I put a belled collar on Mr. Tibbles. I did not know that it would continuously jingle and actually got up off my butt and looked around my actual house to see if one of my cats was playing with a bell. *facepalm* I need some sleep. XD

I've been known from time to time to think that it's raining outside when it isn't while playing. I also have to turn down the volume ( or wear headphones) when there is a thunderstorm in game as it freaks my dog out. She wanders around the house with her stub tail all tucked in while shaking. If she gets too bad, I usually send her downstairs to hang out away from me and with a different human. I love her dearly and will do anything for her, but the paranoia gets on my nerves after awhile.
Old 13th Mar 2019, 5:10 AM #3303
ChickenMadam
Lab Assistant

1 Achievements

Poor pupper! About the only thing my cats do is try to pounce on the sims as they walk off-screen. I've got a Staffy mix, though, who insists on sitting on my feet when I sim. Wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't gassy AND didn't weigh 80 pounds. XD
Old 13th Mar 2019, 7:34 AM #3304
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Gemini will usually bother me if she wants my attention. This includes jumping on my control panel of ergonomic keyboard and ergonomic mouse.

She had at least once done this. She usually sits on top of my smartphone as her attempt for attention.

Usually, with pets, there is no way personal space will last.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Mar 2019 at 7:59 AM.
Old 19th Mar 2019, 7:48 PM #3305
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Well, not much happening since my computer died. We hit a financial complication, so it's impeding my game.

But the last time I had access, I moved Mario and Luigi into Sunset Valley.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 4:28 AM #3306
Amphora
Test Subject

Just aged up my cranky wizard twins in my game and my goodness...

I feel like I have a Targaryen and a Jon Snow in my game. lol
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 5:14 AM #3307
AGuyCalledPi
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

That's totally Jon Snow yeah! But better-looking if you ask me.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 3:45 PM #3308
kewpie
Scholar

I started a Nothing is Free challenge. Now, I always have a personal rule that if I have to choose between official challenge rules vs plot/story/emotional bond I’ll break challenge rule, so long as it’s minor and within spirit of the game. But I have to “write” a compelling story about why it had to be done for plot’s sake.

I’ve never actually dobe that before. But I did it for the first time.

I made my founder an eccentric,socially awkward loner slob. The only available man for her to marry was a neat party animal with no sense of humor. I play sims in character. My sim had never once cleaned anything— even when a raccoon attacked the garbage can several times.

The guy would enter the lot and immediately leave because the lot was so gross. So I decided to get an unwitting maid. When the paperboy stopped over, I befriended him and then kept asking him to clean until he cleaned everything a kid could do. Then he hung around the house reading, presiding over royal court and joyriding, playing with my baby chicks and requesting pillow fights. He was so so cute!

I asked the guy over again, thinking he’d finall stay. But he left again. I saw the bubble for the “hates art” trait. It turned out all this time, he wasn’t leaving because my yard was messy. He was leaving because I have tons of trashy clutter in the yard — and he thought it was too fancy! So I gave up on him. I’d wait for another guy. Meanwhile, my paper boy came over and we had pillow fights and he did more adorable kid stuff. And he cleaned up without my asking him to.

I saw from an nraas notification that a new male paparazzi spawned. I was looking for him on the map, when I started thinking about my poor paperboy. I realized he was the first one that spawned and he was probably going to age up.. and since he was a role sim, he’d disappear. He and my sim were best friends by now. I thought, man I’ll never get a spouse anywhere near as fun as the paperboy.

So I moved him into my game. There’s no courthouse in town and so adoption breaks a rule of the challenge. My “story” is that he’s a runaway from an orphanage and my sim unofficially just takes him in.

I gave him one random face roll in CAS to cute him of pudding face. Then he aged up less than 2 hours after I added him to the family. Whew! That was close! He turned into a very handsome sweet faced teen, way better looking than my founder.

I wanted him to be a sculptor, but his traits, bookworm and hates outdoors made him perfect for a writer. Also added to narrative of him reading and playing pretend all day in my house when left alone. He’s unlocking the library (not the bookstore, because I’m planning on putting rabbit hole rug in library basement later)

Sorry so long. This is my favorite family in years. Wished I switched back to TS3 years ago.
Old Yesterday, 1:05 PM #3309
Elynda
Inventor

1 Achievements

Corina Fordyce just finished her first term at university. She passed her exam with flying colours, so she decided to celebrate with a big party. I guess you could say it was a big hit...

Because just as she was lighting the bonfire everything suddenly went dark and, next thing you know, a massive space rock landed right where I'd put the juice keg. Fortunately the guests had only just started arriving so nobody was using it. Half the campus turned up then, just so they could stand around doing the tradition sim fire dance - i.e. panic. Corina put out most of the fires herself, and then three firefighters turned up to put out the last one.

"You guys ought to be more careful in future," says one of them. Oh yeah, I'll certainly be careful not to have a space rock fall on my house in future, I've sure learned my lesson officer!

Fortunately there were no fatalities, and the massive space rock fetched over 4000 Simoleons, which more than covered the damages.

Now what am I going to do with this huge dent in my garden?

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer
Last edited by Elynda : Yesterday at 1:39 PM.
Old Today, 12:09 AM #3310
kewpie
Scholar

I think the game is conspiring against my junkyard girl. I decided she could still find a husband and have kids. No males spawned for a week. Then one did, and he’s another one seemed custom made not to get along with her.

Diva - slower social gains and stronger negative reactions to bad socials. My socially awkward sim also has slower social gains AND she is more prone to failing at socials.

Unflirty: He will accept a few of the most tame romance things, but for the most part, he’s NOT into it. I didn’t know socially awkward sims might balk at woohoo. It makes sense though.

Avant-garde; not sure about how it works, but I’m guessing he’d not do well in a junky messy house.

Update;

Avant-garde is great for s messy house. He loves the junk clutter. He walks around the yard giving it critique and clapping. I know avant-garde folk irl who love shabby stuff so that works.

I decided to move him in, so I could get him to flirt with her. She’s NOT into it... I’ll try for a bit, but I’ll have to move him out if they won’t even attempt to try for baby.

My sim just can’t get a break!

Update: I got pics working! Edit Or not... I’ll need to find a different host again or learn to work this better.

Here’s how she looked most of the time when he was flirting with her. He sensed that she was creeped out and scared.

Here’s the face the guy pulled right after I FINALLY got them to woohoo.

I have no idea why these pics aren’t working
Last edited by kewpie : Today at 7:03 PM.

Section jump: