Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1684
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1438 times.
Search this Thread
Old 25th Feb 2018, 4:26 PM DefaultCould Sims 4 Blue UI Mod happen? #1
savass
Original Poster

Test Subject

5 Achievements

Blue Beta UI looked way better than the transparent one we got in the final version. Do you think there could be a mod to change the UI color?
Old 25th Feb 2018, 5:28 PM #2
HarVee
Alchemist

5 Achievements

Yes. The UI is made of nothing more than images and code that tells the game where to place these images. If one were to find the images in the games installation .package files and extract them, then they could be colour-altered and imported into a new package to be put in your downloads.

"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy." - Lyle Owerko
Old 25th Feb 2018, 10:14 PM #3
Citysim
Scholar

It will a huge project too, the UI is split into millions of pieces just a jigsaw puzzle, it's designed to be bright and transparent, you could hunt down all the pieces and give it a slight green or Yellow tint, but a complete makeover will be time-conuming challenge and any future patch has the potential of breaking it
Old 26th Feb 2018, 2:47 PM #4
Teostar
Field Researcher

3 Achievements

I'd say have patience. If demand for this is high enough, they'll have a new "UI Packs" DLC category for The Sims 5. (only 4.99 USD)
In all seriousness though, that early blue UI does look really nice, it would be neat if a modder could recreate it. (a nice break from the white UI)
Old 26th Feb 2018, 2:54 PM #5
Citysim
Scholar

I actually started getting quite tired of the blue, after the first 3 games used that color. But that blue scheme does look nice, easy on the eyes, and a good readable font.
Old 26th Feb 2018, 10:09 PM #6
Liza
Field Researcher

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607930

Funny! In the Sims 2 thread redesign the interface for the color gamut Sims 4, here redesign the interface for the color gamut Sims 2.
Old 27th Feb 2018, 6:54 PM #7
savass
Original Poster

Test Subject

5 Achievements

I guess it makes sence that if this UI recolor mod existed, it would be crashed with each next update because they change it so much frequently. I don't remember TS1,2 &3 havinh their UI's so changed unless there were new EP features, but it would be nice for the game developers to give us an option to change the ui to multiple colors, just to give the game more personalized feel.If We can change the size of UI with the one type in the Options.ini file, i don't see why there can't be a color Ui changer.

Section jump: