Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 7:03 PM
Default Any way to get objd files into milkshape?
I downloaded the Main Street Pennant from heaven and I'm trying to modify it. It will open in TSRW, but it refuses to show the mesh. I tried to find some tutorials on how to get the package into milkshape itself, but all I could find was it was talking about extracting GEOM files. This mesh does not have a GEOM file. But it does have OBJD file. Is there any way to get that into Milkshape?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felquish
I downloaded the Main Street Pennant from heaven and I'm trying to modify it. It will open in TSRW, but it refuses to show the mesh. I tried to find some tutorials on how to get the package into milkshape itself, but all I could find was it was talking about extracting GEOM files. This mesh does not have a GEOM file. But it does have OBJD file. Is there any way to get that into Milkshape?

I guess those are just meant for cas stuff, since objects share a whole different kind of file. You do need a MLOD/MODL one. Here are the stuff you need for S3PE to be able to export this all (I already wrote it in a post ): http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...618#post4914618
You just do the same thing like the GEOM but just with some other file. GEOM files are somewhat easier to export since it already has this kind of plugin already, and I guess people make more Cas meshes than any furniture.
Which version of TSRW do you use? If you use the latest one, I should go for version 1.72 which you can find on my blog until TSRW got it all fixed : http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:57 PM
I tried to follow everything that you said as best as I could. I installed the Milkshape plugin just fine. I am having trouble with the Blender one. You say that there is a Blender plugin that comes with the SP3E one? I'm so confused... The SP3E one shows up fine though! None of the MLOD files have a group that is all 0s. Do you think I might need to install an even older version even though I installed Blender 2.63?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felquish
I tried to follow everything that you said as best as I could. I installed the Milkshape plugin just fine. I am having trouble with the Blender one. You say that there is a Blender plugin that comes with the SP3E one? I'm so confused... The SP3E one shows up fine though! None of the MLOD files have a group that is all 0s. Do you think I might need to install an even older version even though I installed Blender 2.63?

Hmm which one does look like the perfect looking one to you? If they are just squar-y looking they're mostly just the MLOD or the LLOD (Medium level of detail, low level of detail) But the group_0 just changes when you import more than one. Like, you probably expect the highest LOD to be group_0 but it isn't. It's just some random mesh that could just be group0 or a whole different number.
You can find the blender one here on modthesims: http://modthesims.info/d/433882
I tried it in 2.75 but sadly it's not compatible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 8:08 PM
YES! IT WORKED!

Thank you!