Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6448
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3009 (Who?), Viewed: 167499 times.
Search this Thread
Old 1st Apr 2018, 1:50 PM #2476
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
An example of why separating the different supernaturals into different packs is not a bad idea - I love vampires (already done), and would welcome witches (in fact my favorite supernatural), but can't stand zombies. But maybe someone else hates vampires, and loves zombies. We could both be happy that way.

Great idea, but not the best. Tickboxes seems so easy and more acceptable form, because without them people seem to have nerve to complain having vampires when they purchase a pack only for specific furniture set or alike reason. I dunno, whether to believe that they have such crappy engine that they are unable to create such a simple on-off switch or the developers are just that bad at their prioritizing standards. Either way, it's hardly helping.
Old 1st Apr 2018, 3:09 PM #2477
lil bag2
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
people seem to have nerve to complain having vampires when they purchase a pack only for specific furniture set or alike reason.

I still can't believe that's a thing

*Purchases Vampire Pack*
*Complains about Vampires acting like Vampires*

The Receptacle still lives!
Old 1st Apr 2018, 3:19 PM #2478
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

That's why toggles would be a smart reason. Don't like the shoved in life state, but willing to buy a pack for a set of objects and/or cas assets? Toggle those weirods out of the game and nobody would complain. In supernatural pack that worked wonders.
Old 1st Apr 2018, 3:57 PM #2479
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

That is literlaly it. A toggle, or control options would have been fine: Global, Supernatural Worlds Only, or Disabled. People tend to forget that packs come with a variety of content. Vampires has Victorian items and items to make dilapidated buildings which no other packs has (except the few in Jungle Adventure).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Old 1st Apr 2018, 7:44 PM #2480
sleepyrose
Forum Resident

8 Achievements

I seriously don't understand why toggles haven't been implemented yet. You think they would have learned by now that people like options. Heck I would even go as far as being able to blacklist outfits in CAS if I don't want to see them in my game. Would it be that difficult to do something like right-click and and then choose the option: Nope, if you don't want it? I would rather have a dlc pack that just gives you that, than a pack with low-poli plastic looking stuff.
Old 1st Apr 2018, 9:47 PM #2481
Liza
Field Researcher

The problem is that the supernatural beings lost their mystery atmosphere. The player knows where to find them, and there are too many of them. In TS2 "Nightlife" were only two vampires, by default. In "Pets" there weren't pre-mades werewolves. It is difficult to be friends there with supernatural and it is difficult to find them in TS2.
Old 1st Apr 2018, 10:26 PM #2482
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Life states do need to be mysterious, but maxis hardly know how to execute it. Aliens now nerfed (a real big thanks.... not!), but they a great example before that tweak. I loved how you go through the hard task to get transformed as vampires and werewolves (though as I said, not worth the hassle for how that latter life state was), but witches could have been tied to a specific area instead of all lots, as the way they are now causes two problems: 1) being LAG 2) for supernatural skeptics (I like using that term to describe simmers that are anti-supernatural) they are for them an unwanted interruption so to speak. Actually, speaking of that vampires should as been tied to the specific location instead across the whole downtown. I like though how zombies (in TS2), genies, and bigfoot presence was handled. Good balance between supernatural fans and skeptics.
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 2:01 AM #2483
JDacapo
Alchemist

How are aliens nerfed?
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 11:06 AM #2484
Goldbear
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
How are aliens nerfed?

EA turned down the abduction rate to almost nil. I think there was a patch that adjusted it slightly but the fact they toned it down was annoying and I don’t even like aliens!
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 12:04 PM #2485
Jo-Anne
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyrose
I seriously don't understand why toggles haven't been implemented yet. You think they would have learned by now that people like options. Heck I would even go as far as being able to blacklist outfits in CAS if I don't want to see them in my game. Would it be that difficult to do something like right-click and and then choose the option: Nope, if you don't want it? I would rather have a dlc pack that just gives you that, than a pack with low-poli plastic looking stuff.

I believe reading once adding toggles is not possible with the TS4 engine...?
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 12:47 PM #2486
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

Which is bullshit. A toggle is a true false statement. If the engine can’t handle basic BINARY, it’s either developed like absolutely trash, or they’re lying.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 3:13 PM #2487
Jo-Anne
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Which is bullshit. A toggle is a true false statement. If the engine can’t handle basic BINARY, it’s either developed like absolutely trash, or they’re lying.

It's pretty lame, yes. It's not the only thing this new engine can't handle.
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 6:47 PM #2488
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Which is bullshit. A toggle is a true false statement. If the engine canâ₏™t handle basic BINARY, itâ₏™s either developed like absolutely trash, or theyâ₏™re lying.

Raising my bets to door B. I mean come on, CAST tool is out in C&D CAP - give it to us finally.
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 8:53 PM #2489
Liza
Field Researcher

I want to be wrong, but I think EA will not give "CAST", because they need to sell new textures of objects that were before.
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 9:04 PM #2490
luxford
Lab Assistant

With all the opinions everyone has given and some pretty valid points on what will/is and won't/isn't possible for TS4 engine, I'm kind of starting to lose hope of something genuinely new and exciting. I think it'll most likely be a new expansion with some sort of a twist to it that the series has never seen before, TS4 on a new platform like the Switch, or some silly bs that EA thinks we'll love but everyone will actually hate like a new form of DLC.
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 10:31 PM #2491
CallistaTheSim
Lab Assistant

THANK YOU. NOW WATCH SIMS RIP US OFF AGAIN. Sorry, but seriously. They can't give us simple things like TOGGLE and INFINATE LIFE SPAN (I'll save the "infinite life span for later) yet is 49.99$ (at normal prices) Then the stuff pack with 5 TRILLION VAMPIRES AT YOUR STINKIN' DOOR FOR 20.99$ AND THEN BETTER STUFF PACKS FOR 10 DOLLERS! Wow.. what a ton of bs. "Not Possible" Really. Oml. Sorry i needed to rant about this sh**
Old 3rd Apr 2018, 5:03 AM #2492
sleepyrose
Forum Resident

8 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne

Oh yes I forgot this engine can't do anything unless there's a poop joke involved.
Old 4th Apr 2018, 1:21 AM #2493
thevogel
Field Researcher

I think I figured out what EA is going to do next. I was over on Sims VIP just lurking around, reading comments and everyone's guess at what "the big news" was gonna be from EA in the next few months.... and all I could think of was.....The next GP will be a Talking Porta Potty Pack!! The entire pack will revolve around a Talking porta potty with 3 different colors, a bunch of rainbow colored chairs. And then, just for good measure...they will come out with Pet Rocks as an addition to the C&D Ep as additional content. Of course everything will be around $10 to $30 bucks

This will be the next genius thing they come up with because "Seasons are too hard".
Old 4th Apr 2018, 1:57 PM #2494
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Stuff pack? Yes. Game pack? No. Though for what we know, talking Porta Potty Pack would require Tot Stuff pack to have 60% of its items to unlock. Next thing? Festival/Christmas sort-of gameplay, as it does look big on pair with other GP. Though of course weather won't come with those, they will leave it for Seasons Expansion Pack (I do think their keeping to the promise and from business perspective it make a lot sense, so I don't believe the speculation that splitting weather/seasons into individual game packs (especally when we got dogs&cats together in ep) is one of their things up in their sleeves).
Old 4th Apr 2018, 6:50 PM #2495
thevogel
Field Researcher

Yeah it would be a Game pack...cause the porta potties have animations... they are interactive...everything else is the pack is stuff..you know decoration. Oh and the Pet rocks... those are stuff packs. Probably $20.00 worth of useless crap to place around the sims house or flat useless backyard.... Yeah I'm not bitter.
Old 4th Apr 2018, 7:46 PM #2496
Liza
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne

the whole difficulty lies in the fact that it is necessary to prescribe how the world will function with the "disabled" supernatural beings. But whether EA will want to do this, it is unknown...
Old 4th Apr 2018, 11:36 PM
SneakyWingPhoenix
This message has been deleted by SneakyWingPhoenix. Reason: o
Old 9th Apr 2018, 3:00 AM #2497
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
I want to be wrong, but I think EA will not give "CAST", because they need to sell new textures of objects that were before.

Makes sense. They can't make crap that sells well without recycling objects with different patterns. If CAST was available for everything (clothing & furniture, besides also hair) players would see no point of buying rip-off dlc (for dlc: If that will be relevant If MFP manages to show support based how it's financially is doing) as they could simply recolor the cloned-in-the-advertisement objects how they see fit in their creative eyes. Harsh but it's true
Old 15th Apr 2018, 12:09 AM #2499
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Were they really?
Old 15th Apr 2018, 1:58 AM #2500
mithrak_nl
Inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably
Sims 3 had CASt and people still bought the stuff packs. Even Diesel stuff which was 90% retextures.

That is true, stuff packs will always be bought. A few new meshes will do it. I can see CASt having an effect on this, but that would just mean the developers put more new meshes in if the less sales were much noticable.

Anyway, I also see CASt as something that makes any stuff pack or CC more valuable. Because it lets you change patterns/colours on your stuff pack stuff too. So maybe this evens it out? When the stuff pack has stuff with colours you don't like, it won't matter because you can change it with CASt. I really like to write stuff pack stuff for some reason.

Section jump: