Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 7074
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 9273 times.
Search this Thread
Old 10th Feb 2013, 7:11 PM DefaultHow on earth do we edit the Z rigging on a car? - SOLVED #1
Esmeralda
Original Poster

Mad Poster

35 Achievements

Hi, I've been converting some of my Sims 3 cars for TS2 and am stumped as to how to re-rig Z positions of things. In SimPE, as far as I can tell there are only boxes for inputting X and Y positions (see below pic). So I've been able to move headlights/taillights and sims forward and backward and side to side, but not up and down.

How do we edit the Z axis? I need to be able to do this in order to raise sims' seating positions much higher so that they sit inside my drivable spaceships. I know it can be done - I have a couple of drivable spaceships from years ago by another creator, and looking inside his package files, I can see that he was able to change the Z axis to a much higher figure. (But I unfortunately can't ask him how he did it as I no longer know how to contact him - he seems to have retired from Sims creating.)

What to do? Is there some other way of getting to the Z axis to edit it other than from the CRES screen depicted above? I'm only lightly experienced with SimPE and that was the only screen I could find to do rigging from. Thanks!
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  SimPE rigging missing Z.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  234.6 KB  
Last edited by Esmeralda : 10th Feb 2013 at 8:49 PM. Reason: Solved thanks to the mighty Bloom
Old 10th Feb 2013, 8:25 PM #2
BloomsBase
Sockpuppet

12 Achievements

lol, pull the window up a little
Old 10th Feb 2013, 8:48 PM #3
Esmeralda
Original Poster

Mad Poster

35 Achievements

Hahahahahahaaaa, OMG, thank you, how embarrassing!

I tried everything, making the window different sizes, scrolling, running SimPE on another PC with a bigger screen and 4:3 aspect ratio (instead of my small widescreen laptop), etc, and no luck. But I didn't realise you could enlarge just the BOTTOM half of the window by pulling up the divider in the middle of the screen, which I guess is what you mean!

(I am a newbie with TS2 creating and SimPE, so there's a lot of stuff that isn't clear to me.)

So now that I've made the bottom half of the window taller, I can see the Z axis at long last! Thanks again!
Old 10th Feb 2013, 9:02 PM #4
BloomsBase
Sockpuppet

12 Achievements

your welcome

Section jump: