Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2010
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 127 (Who?), Viewed: 49575 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Mar 2019, 2:08 AM #126
Satrina
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

I would totally kill her off! That is so frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietscheente
I honestly feel like crying right now. Opened the Broke household today and guess what - Catrina Caliente has reverted to a teenager. Again. This is like, what, the third time?
My latest backup is from when I last posted here. There were 8 babies born in the meantime. Eight! And Catrina was pregnant with twins right now.
I've actually tried fixing the problem this time instead of reverting to the backup but it's no use - for every problem I fix a new problem seems to appear. Fixed her age - she wasn't pregnant anymore. Fixed the pregancy - suddenly her face was flashing blue (WTF???). She doesn't have a job anymore, most of her skill points have vanished and her LTA bar and points resetted...

I seriously consider killing Catrina off once I've got a baby out of her. This is just not worth it.
Old 20th Apr 2019, 3:56 PM #127
Quietscheente
Lab Assistant

I have a question for everyone: The goal for this challenge is to keep all the original last names intact throughout 10 generations. But how do you count the generations?

Take the Oldies for example: They already have a grown up daughter and two teenaged granddaughters. So at the start of the game they are already 3 generations in (if we ignore the fact that Lilith and Angela don't actually count for the Oldies because they don't have the same last name). But if we count Angela and Lilith as generation 3 that's not very fair to other families like Don Lothario or Kaylynn Langerak who are generation 1 and don't have any descendants, yet.

I've tried leveling the playing field, so to speak, by declaring all premades to be generation 1 (so Coral and Herb Oldie are generation 1, Daniel and Mary-Sue are generation 1, too, and Lilith and Angela are also generation 1) and everyone born in-game would the be generation 2, 3 and so on. But that's also not without issues because now I have a bunch of siblings/cousins who should logically be the same generation but actually belong to different generations because some were born in-game and some were premades.

So how do you all do this?

Also what am I supposed to do when the parents of a Sim are from different generations? I've had a baby born this week whose parents are generation 3 and 2 respectively. So is that baby now generation 4 or only generation 3?
Old 13th May 2019, 2:40 PM #128
marka93
Mad Poster

28 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietscheente
I have a question for everyone: The goal for this challenge is to keep all the original last names intact throughout 10 generations. But how do you count the generations?

1. Take the Oldies for example: They already have a grown up daughter and two teenaged granddaughters. So at the start of the game they are already 3 generations in (if we ignore the fact that Lilith and Angela don't actually count for the Oldies because they don't have the same last name). But if we count Angela and Lilith as generation 3 that's not very fair to other families like Don Lothario or Kaylynn Langerak who are generation 1 and don't have any descendants, yet.

2. I've tried leveling the playing field, so to speak, by declaring all premades to be generation 1 (so Coral and Herb Oldie are generation 1, Daniel and Mary-Sue are generation 1, too, and Lilith and Angela are also generation 1) and everyone born in-game would the be generation 2, 3 and so on. But that's also not without issues because now I have a bunch of siblings/cousins who should logically be the same generation but actually belong to different generations because some were born in-game and some were premades.

So how do you all do this?

3. Also what am I supposed to do when the parents of a Sim are from different generations? I've had a baby born this week whose parents are generation 3 and 2 respectively. So is that baby now generation 4 or only generation 3?

On 1 I just use the main names and since Coral and Herb Oldie are already elders they just die off. (I only use born in game sims to carry the name on.) (Its a different story in my Beginning Hoods.)

On 2 Angela or Lilith will need to have the Pleasants last name upon marring to carry the name forward if Mary Sue and Daniel don't have a male child for the last one. (I no longer use age cheats of any kind.)

On 3 is who ever has the child live with them gets the generation count because the child will have that sims last name. If the 2 are married then I use the last name for it. (If it is a cheating baby then they don't count in my books, only true heir counts for my games. Now if its one who never gets married then yes the child will carry the name forward.)

I normally use the standard of taking the male's last name upon marriage but will use a female last name if needed for things like this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158

Section jump: