Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:22 PM Last edited by Boosterbear : 8th Mar 2019 at 2:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Child on Campus - InTeen
I've been looking for answers on this, but haven't been able to figure everything out. I have InTeen in my game, and Sims on my Uni lots (houses, not dorms) will sometimes get pregnant. I've been terminating the pregnancies, however, because I read that if the sim has a baby, the baby will be unable to move to the main hood with their parents after graduation. I read a different thing that said InTeen allowed children to age, and that children and toddlers are able to move to the main hood with their graduating parents. My main questions are: What does InTeen influence in terms of YA pregnancies and births? Will the baby age up? And - most importantly - will the family be able to move out of the uni hoods properly?

Thanks in advance!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:32 PM
you have installed Adults on Campus InTeen flavor which indeed allows to (as is stated in readme):

- having babies by YA;
- growing up offsprings of students (this may completely derail time consistency in your neighborhood - time flows in Uni differently, it does not matter if you do not care, ofc);
- partners (IIRC engaged, and married, I'm not sure if "steady" too) of students are allowed to stay in Uni after graduation until YA sim will graduate;

There're some traps in this scenario - like possibility of loosing a baby forever if you won't keep an eye on babies/toddlers while "returning to home" scenario is on the go, babies cannot walk and sometimes sims "forgets" one baby, especially if there're plenty of them, and toddlers are *slow*, and without mod cannot pass the stairs on their own.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:43 PM
Well, dang!! I installed InTeen way long ago, before I played Uni. Didn't even know I had that flavour pack in, hahaha. Thanks for explaining everything, big help!! 💖💖💖

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:49 PM
I play with inteen and the adults in uni flavor pak. With my experience, the children get linked to their prospective parent(s) and so when that parent sim either moves out using the newspaper (to university family bin) or graduates and moves back to the home neighborhood, the children will move with them. Babies and toddlers will "teleport" away like when the social worker can't get to them.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 10:32 PM
My babies and toddlers have so far had no problems leaving with their parents. The thing you need to look out for is that you don't get the "who is moving with this Sim" dialogue when a YA leaves college. The baby will automatically leave with the last parent to leave campus, which is fine if both parents are playable and living with the child, but if they are not in the same household or the father is a dormie there is nobody left to care for it and the social worker considers it abandoned.

Children on campus age up normally, which can be a problem if the parents are still YA, as a day on campus may not be equal to a day in the standard rotation (I treat a 3-day semester the same as a single day off campus, so the baby's age gets out of whack). The solution is to turn aging off, which doesn't affect the students at all, and keep track of when you need the baby to age up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 12:20 AM
That's really helpful, I hadn't even thought of turning aging off!
Also I looked through, and turns out it came as a function of InTeen 1.3, not a Flavour Pack, so that's why I got confused there. Really gotta remember what's in the documentation for my mods!!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:44 AM
Whether through inteen or other methods, plenty of us have babies on campus. I find the best method is once the YA has graduated is to load the main hood then teleport the toddler to the grandparent's house and move them in. Once the YA/s move back to the main hood, move them into the house where the child is, then move them out as a family. This also depends on your aging system, mine is long with uni short, so any children my YA have will be infant/toddler aged. If the child is child aged at uni you might want to set them as flexi school. (I don't know much about having child age sims at uni though, so I don't know if the bus comes or what happens)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 2:08 AM
@Boosterbear what version of Inteen are you running?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 2:57 AM
As far as I can tell, 1.8, possibly 1.9.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 3:08 AM
Well if you have all EP's, this is the most recent one, named Final.
InTeenimater_Final19_ApartmentLife_UC
InTeenimater_Final19_ApartmentLife_UC_FlavorPak of course, for the flavor packs.
I would think it is important to have the latest one available.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 4:56 PM
I probably renamed the files, but I'm not new to mods. I have UC and had it throughout my gameplay experience, so I know to get the newest versions, AL, M&G, etc.
But thank you for making sure!! My question was answered, but if there was a hack conflict in there or I had the wrong version, that could be catastrophic