Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1456
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4017 (Who?), Viewed: 150165 times.
Search this Thread
Old 11th Jun 2018, 4:15 PM #4001
Hamishmc
Lab Assistant

I'm venting because I thought my laptop was infected by a bug at the end of the E3 Microsoft event watching on fullscreen and it was only an advert for a computer game. Scared me rigid. Turned WIFI off before it was revealed!

PS. Small rant. I loved the scenery in Forza 4 so much (I'm British) all I just want to do is get in a car and go around slowly enjoying it but have to join a race!

I don't generally do ranting - it hasn't done anything for me in the past - too old and accepting now.
Old 11th Jun 2018, 5:40 PM #4002
Bubblebeam
Scholar

12 Achievements

Different night, same clockwork routine. Hubby falls asleep first, snores over EVERYTHING I attempt to listen to, I eventually go ape crap on him, he talks complete gibberish unable to wake up properly, rinse repeat every freakin day. And I wonder why I'm irritable all the time.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Old 12th Jun 2018, 12:47 AM #4003
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

I am not happy with my wrecked sleep schedule which triggers panic attacks I'd only wish on those in in power with gross incompetence as their modus operandi.

I also have to adjust my schedule because in a couple of weeks, I will be training for assembly line packaging work. Looks like I will be following my mother's career path. After seeing how chewed up my father's hands have gotten, I may avoid kitchen duty. (Not joking, he looks like a dragon tamer with the nicks and cuts in his hands. If any finger segments were missing, he'd be easy to identify as a cat owner.)

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 12th Jun 2018, 3:16 AM #4004
budwinys
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
@budwinys, the issues could be from outdated or pets-incompatible mods.

I'm a little annoyed at my doc because I'd done some blood tests to figure out if I had a spesific disease. The answer I got was "You don't, and that's good news!"
Sure it's good news that I don't have that particular disease, but at the same time it means I'm back to square one for the umpteenth time. I just want an answer as to why I've got a ton of mysterious symptoms, but after 8 years all I know is a bunch of things it's not.

Unfortunately, no. I purged all of my mods and made sure the ones I downloaded were updated for Cats and Dogs. But I'm still having fun making doggies, so it's not so bad.

I totally get what you mean by being kind of disappointed when test results come back negative. Yeah, sure, I don't *want* to have the thing, but I want to feel better, and I can't fix it if I don't know what the thing is. I still have all the symptoms of extreme hypothyroidism even though I'm on medication for it and my TSH levels are now good. I've been going to the doctor for the past 6 years mentioning how increasingly tired (like 12-16 hours of sleep tired) and fat I'm getting, but I guess I'm just lazy because nothing is wrong with me.
Old 12th Jun 2018, 7:46 PM #4005
adamsavagefan
Test Subject

It takes my brother 10 FUCKING MINUTES to find a (temporary) job, and yet I can't get an interview to save my life. Fuck this, I'm done. There's no point in looking anymore. I'm obviously one of those people who was never meant to have a job.
Old 15th Jun 2018, 10:45 PM #4006
didyouevenmakeasound
Lab Assistant

Argg I tried to sort out my problems with SC4 with EA tech support and got nowhere >_<
Old 15th Jun 2018, 11:00 PM #4007
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Not a fan of bruises and bleeding until the gauze is soaked.

Either way, blood draws suck when you bruise and bleed out a bit.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 16th Jun 2018, 11:09 AM #4008
RicoSuavecito
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsavagefan
It takes my brother 10 FUCKING MINUTES to find a (temporary) job, and yet I can't get an interview to save my life. Fuck this, I'm done. There's no point in looking anymore. I'm obviously one of those people who was never meant to have a job.

I really feel you. Make a good resume and doctor it up with so much you can do. Everybody hates me for not being able to get hired because it's easy for them. I have a terrible and stupid sounding name that I am meaning to change. I use glassdoor and it is real easy to apply I have gotten a lot of attention from there but so far only 2 interviews. Be stubborn I know we can do it, screw the system keep coming back like a bad dream. I think of myself as Steve Rogers, no matter how hard I get knocked down, or how big the enemy is, I gotta give it all I got or die trying. May you score the job you want and afford what you'd like. Good luck friend!

- Sent from my iHell
Old 17th Jun 2018, 10:05 AM #4009
JDacapo
Theorist

My left arm is covered in midge bites. I had left my window open with the screen closed, and those bugs just came in and crowded around the computer and my nail dryer and everything. Ugh... midge bites itch just like mosquito bites.
Old 17th Jun 2018, 11:38 AM #4010
RicoSuavecito
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
My left arm is covered in midge bites. I had left my window open with the screen closed, and those bugs just came in and crowded around the computer and my nail dryer and everything. Ugh... midge bites itch just like mosquito bites.

I don't know if it's all the skin products I use or just my genetic make-up, but I never attract and get bitten by anything I'm like acidic and bitter or something. Don't get me wrong though I got attacked by a nest of very angry hornets before, it was like Hunger Games.

- Sent from my iHell
Old 17th Jun 2018, 1:23 PM #4011
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

Dear Bank,

I'm fully aware that I'm having one of those days where my brain shouldn't be left alone, but why did you change the layout of your website? All I want to do is pay my bills and be done with it. Now have to deal with charts that I'm never going to use. Not one, but two calculators (because one wasn't enough?) and other random stuff that just boogers up the page. Why?

*rubs temples*
Old 18th Jun 2018, 11:11 AM #4012
RicoSuavecito
Lab Assistant

I'm ignored so much I feel like I'm not even real; like a fragment of imagination.

- Sent from my iHell
Old 18th Jun 2018, 9:11 PM #4013
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM #4014
RicoSuavecito
Lab Assistant

My game crashed AGAIN for the 7th time again today. My fist is ready to go through the damned screen already.

- Sent from my iHell
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM #4015
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I don't get how my lab partner gets so many sign ups. I'm looking at our participant sheet and her name (in the researcher column, obviously) is all over it, with my name sprinkled in every once in a while. It really reinforces my whole "Nobody likes me and I'm alone" mentality. I don't get how. I put up more study slots than her some weeks (usually we put up 2 days each though) and she gets at least 3:1 more sign ups. She must get her friends to sign up. Or something. I don't know that many people.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 3:40 PM #4016
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

I hate puzzles! I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with my health insurance company over a ambiguous letter they sent me. First they had to look up the letter, then when it was explained, I was told the reason they sent such letter was because there is now a big push for asthma control meds. I literally laughed at the person I was speaking with as my issues with these meds has been ongoing for a few years. It isn't bad enough that my doctors office keeps trying to push these drugs on me, but now the insurance company is going to act like yet another monkey on my back about it. I told the person that if they want me to take some form of a controller, then they are going to have to work with me which will involve them spending money as my days of handing over my wallet to the local hospital in emergency room fees are over.

The conversation somewhat derailed from there as there was talk about food allergy testing. I've been calling them once a year for the past 8 years asking them if they'll cover it as this is yet another layer of the whole asthma issue. For all this time, they've been telling me no. Today I'm told that yes, there are labs that are covered and can be verified before somebody even gets near me with a needle.

Long story short, my request to having them ( the insurance company) stop sending me these letters was denied. Yippeee! The next letter I receive like this which I can safely assume will be around this time next year will be going straight to the paper shredder. This nonsense of making noise about a problem but showing a unwillingness to help me deal with a problem is total bullshit. I pay $30,000.00 a year for frickin' lip service from a company that makes billions.

Quote:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Amen!
Old Yesterday, 3:52 PM #4017
Bubblebeam
Scholar

12 Achievements

Funny how 11°C is now deathly cold to me, when in the UK that's almost considered mild.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Old Yesterday, 4:33 PM #4018
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblebeam
Funny how 11°C is now deathly cold to me, when in the UK that's almost considered mild.

I wear a T-shirt until it's -2°C, and then I add a light jacket.

Section jump: