Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2332
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 907 (Who?), Viewed: 204845 times.
Search this Thread
Old 13th Jan 2018, 11:40 AM #901
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

OMG! Do not bother with the Man in the High Castle or anything by Phillip K. Dick, ever. That was a horrible story! Just stupid.

All of the above is told in broken English with few complete sentences. The pertinent parts are mostly hinted at. Crap. The book was crap. I also learned far more about the I cheng than I ever wanted to know. Apparently, Dick was fascinated by it and fashioned the ENTIRE story around it.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Last edited by smorbie1 : 16th Jan 2018 at 4:19 PM.
Old 17th Jan 2018, 9:32 AM #902
RedSneakers
Instructor

I accidentally started reading Harry Potter again a while ago, even though I have a million new books I've never read, and now I'm on book four. But Harry Potter is just such a comfort zone for me. It's hard for me to find the energy to read, but Harry Potter is just so easy to get into again.
Old 17th Jan 2018, 4:29 PM #903
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Never read HP, but I know books like that. They just feel like home.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 19th Jan 2018, 10:19 PM #904
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

The Hidden Life of Trees. It's written by a man in Central Germany who had 20 years of forest ranger experience. It's got rather in-depth knowledge of the tree anatomy and functions.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 12th Mar 2018, 10:36 PM #905
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I finished 'Turtles all the way down' by John Green while I was at uni so I picked up 'Wonder' by R.J. Palacio at ASDA to read on the train ride home. So far it's pretty good.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 18th May 2018, 12:32 AM #906
yavannatw
Scholar

7 Achievements

Just finished Norse Mythology, as retold by Neil Gaiman. Before that a couple of books by Matt Haig (The Radleys and Humans), both of which were a quick, light read. Currently reading my "comfort zone" - a PG Wodehouse collection.
Old 16th Jun 2018, 11:06 PM #907
Emerald1234
Scholar

i want to buy 1984 and read that but not reading anything at the moment.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Old 19th Jun 2018, 2:07 PM #908
smellincoffee
Instructor

1 Achievements

Fiction: The Switch, about a guy who accidentally picks up the wrong Macbook at the airport, and because the owner's assistant is really bad at his job and botches an attempt at recovery, the guy twigs on to the fact that there's something wicked in the laptop and he could do a public service by sharing it with the media.

Nonfiction: A Crack in Creation, which is about the discovery of the CRISPR gene editing tool which may be able to cure a lot of diseases and eventually create superhumans. Well, cure diseases, anyway. People get distressed when you mention creating superhumans, but I want Khan Noonien Singh!

Section jump: