Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:53 PM
Default What happened to the Sims 2 Graveyard and why does it keep coming down?
The site was really slow to navigate through a few months ago then suddenly I got a 502 bad gateway error. I did read on Twitter that the servers that they're running it on is almost 13 years old and it's slowly dying although that news was posted on January 22 and the lastest news posted last month was the server still had issues. So far there aren't any updates about it but from the sound it that's really terrible but I'll keep them in my prayers and wish them good luck hoping that they'll eventually work it out and fix the servers.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:39 PM
It's a Pescado site...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:19 AM
It is? Wow, Pescado seems to be almost single-handedly saving Sims 2 sites.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM
He took over hosting a lot of sites a while back including SimsCave and the graveyard.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:50 AM
That sounds very expensive!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:56 AM
I don't know what he does but he seems to know what he's talking about when he does talk about it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:07 AM
I did a quick check, and MATY at least is hosted by a service called Strato. Never heard of it, but according to the reviews I've skimmed they're...pretty bad. Considering that reviewers tend to rank pretty high, you have to fuck up pretty badly to get 1.4 out of 10.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:43 PM
I have no idea why he might have chosen that but several years ago he did say he chose sites which were ... off American soil for reasons (Yar!).

Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I have no idea why he might have chosen that but several years ago he did say he chose sites which were ... off American soil for reasons (Yar!).

I'm honestly not sure why that'd be a requirement. As far as I know, none of the Sims-related sites Pescado hosts, including the Booty, do anything illegal whatsoever according to any US law regarding copyrights or anything else. It is, in fact, pay/"donation"-in-exchange-for-CC creators/sites who are in the wrong, legally speaking, because they all break the license agreement they signed off on; that would be the verdict in any case that actually made it to court. So, he'd have nothing to fear in that regard. Buuuuuut perhaps in T$R's "good" old days, he just wanted to avoid dealing with any possible hassles vis a vis spurious cease-and-desists forwarded along by hosts who took T$R et. al. at their word instead of, y'know, actually understanding licensing agreements.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:05 PM
Oh yes, I know that, but, AFAIK, there was an issue with said paysites complaining to US-based server hosts and some unilateral deleting of his sites - as you said, without actually checking the actual legal position ... actually.

Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:14 PM
Yeah...I can understand hosts being proactive about this stuff and taking copyright claims seriously...but it'd be NICE if they'd actually understand copyright and licensing agreements first. But I suppose none of them have lawyers on-staff, so.

(Don't mind me; it's just a general gripe I have, based upon some experiences having nothing to do with Sims-stuff.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:54 PM
Oh don't mind iCad - I'm totally on your side when it comes to this issue.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:49 AM
I say hooray for Pescado, Pescado for President!!! ^_^
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:41 AM
Before one starts cheering for Pescado's principled stance on copyrights and other legal issues, remember this:
He's cheap. He's stated this before, and I have no reason to doubt it.
He's also not rich, so he has his reasons for doing it as well-running 5 or 6 of the most popular sim content sites is not a bargain. Plus he probably has to keep the maintenance up on them all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:51 PM
Yep, he's cheap. He's also a jerk, a self-confessed "fat, obstreperous jerk." He's also "a bit" condescending and arrogant. (I'm "a bit" of that, too; takes one to know one. ) Or at least his online persona is all of that, and usually there is at least a kernel of the real person in their online persona. But, yeah, I do have to give him kudos for understanding and defending licensing agreements, even when EA itself doesn't seem to get it. Or to care, for that matter, given its fawning over T$R, back in the day. At least they seem to be waking up about it a little more these days, what with their statement about Patreon and whatnot.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Yep, he's cheap. He's also a jerk, a self-confessed "fat, obstreperous jerk." He's also "a bit" condescending and arrogant.

Screenshots
Undead Molten Llama
#17 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:22 PM
Well, I didn't say he WASN'T totally hot!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:40 PM
Spontaneous Human Combustion?

Undead Molten Llama
#19 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:00 PM
I suppose if you're fat and obstreperous (it's such a good word!) enough, you could theoretically acquire enough mass to begin fusion, so...maybe?

Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:39 PM
I like to envision him as a 98 pound, pimple-encrusted, 16 year old boy who has yet to reach puberty. I know that's not accurate considering the age of the game. But it's fun.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Link Ninja
#21 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:19 PM
I thought he was a fish.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 10:26 PM
@Charmful, good to see your pic again as well

For a FOJ (?) who is very HOT(?) and not around here as far as I can see, he sure gets a LOT of attention, fish or not. I do like his sense of humour - on reading MATY for the first time, I laughed a LOT.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:36 AM
It's still down
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zoltan3
It's still down

I know it's pretty sad that so many old good quality content is now gone but the good news is that we now have so many quality content being created by talented artists that are better than the old stuff but it's still sad though.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 11:55 PM
Posted on twitter on 10 August:

"Pescado said he was looking into getting us moved to a working server but I don't know when that's going to happen. I just wanted to let you all know that nothing was lost (it's just that the site is inaccessible) & hopefully this all gets resolved soon after this year of issues"
Page 1 of 2