Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#201 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
This is why I never switch households in the middle of the night..
or at school hours, if I'm switching to a family with school kids, since they would probably be at a state of late for school..

you need to pick the right time to switch, unless you don't mind to mess with your sims schedule

Which is why that system is complete bullshit for rotational play...and they should finally give us the option for proper Sims 2 style rotational play.

WHich brings me to a question i have...do the seasons advance for all families or only the active one? Because if they advance for all families, it makes rotational even more impossible than it already is pre-seasons...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#202 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
As I see it, short span of playing families rotationally works. But really, if you want to catch up with all you families and experience everything with every of them, it's just simply impossible. And there's no story progresson so playing sims 3 style is impossible as well, you HAVE to take care of everyone from time to time. Another thing that bothers me so much is that I had my own setup of lifetime lenght of each age in Sims 3 and have a mod that edits sims 2 ages lenghts to suit me, and my game pacing is perfect in both games. But Sims 4 is just a dead end there. Long lifespans are too long, normal lifespans are too short, and short lifespans... god I just wish nobody plays with that one on.
Scholar
#203 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
As I see it, short span of playing families rotationally works. But really, if you want to catch up with all you families and experience everything with every of them, it's just simply impossible. And there's no story progresson so playing sims 3 style is impossible as well, you HAVE to take care of everyone from time to time. Another thing that bothers me so much is that I had my own setup of lifetime lenght of each age in Sims 3 and have a mod that edits sims 2 ages lenghts to suit me, and my game pacing is perfect in both games. But Sims 4 is just a dead end there. Long lifespans are too long, normal lifespans are too short, and short lifespans... god I just wish nobody plays with that one on.

You can use MC Command Center to set whichever lifespan length you want for each age group.
Scholar
#204 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Which is why that system is complete bullshit for rotational play...and they should finally give us the option for proper Sims 2 style rotational play.

WHich brings me to a question i have...do the seasons advance for all families or only the active one? Because if they advance for all families, it makes rotational even more impossible than it already is pre-seasons...

What to you mean by "advanced?"
the seasons are per world, meaning if you have two families in one world, both will go trough the same season on the same time..
I play rotationally and find no issue about it.
Top Secret Researcher
#205 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:22 PM
That's the thing... rotation includes resetting seasons with each family, because you play the same time period you played with the last family. It's like going trough fall and winter with pancakes and then want to play the same timespace with goths, but the winter already passed to them because they are in the same world. Which makes no sense if you want to play trully rotationally and experience the same time frame with every family. I know this was a limitation of TS2, but it actually made the game interesting to me and a lot of rotational players indeed play TS2 that way.
This way you just lose that time frame completely with other families you play. Which feels a bit underwhelming, breaks the immersion. Sure, you can always pretend that the family did something while you were away playing the other families, but the longer you play, the less believable the game becomes. That's why I suggested shorter rotation sessions per family. But lots of that is also the problem of rotaton itself. It's not perfect, even in TS2, but the flaws of that system are more apaprent in TS4.

Also, It's nice that modders think of everything EA does not think of. But again, mods have to constantly be updated with the game and you gotta live in constant fear of what mods did the new update break... which really is not worth it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#206 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:43 PM
My lot always do too much while I am playing other families, but that's probably MC Controller at work

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#207 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
That's the thing... rotation includes resetting seasons with each family, because you play the same time period you played with the last family. It's like going trough fall and winter with pancakes and then want to play the same timespace with goths, but the winter already passed to them because they are in the same world. Which makes no sense if you want to play trully rotationally and experience the same time frame with every family. I know this was a limitation of TS2, but it actually made the game interesting to me and a lot of rotational players indeed play TS2 that way.
This way you just lose that time frame completely with other families you play. Which feels a bit underwhelming, breaks the immersion. Sure, you can always pretend that the family did something while you were away playing the other families, but the longer you play, the less believable the game becomes. That's why I suggested shorter rotation sessions per family. But lots of that is also the problem of rotaton itself. It's not perfect, even in TS2, but the flaws of that system are more apaprent in TS4.

Also, It's nice that modders think of everything EA does not think of. But again, mods have to constantly be updated with the game and you gotta live in constant fear of what mods did the new update break... which really is not worth it.

I think having the seasons to restart when you move households makes no sense whatsoever
you can make your seasons longer if you need, make lifespans longer as well
or even use different saves for your different households, and have fun if you will
but if you wanna be overwhelmed, I guess nothing can stop you..

I don't, and I'm having no issues with playing rotational game with 6 families, with seasons and before seasons (along with all the damn old/new bugs )
and I'm not in fear for my mods either.. those only needs an update when the game gets one, which makes total sense for me..
and without them the game won't be worth it, for me.. so everyone gets to have an opinion..
Top Secret Researcher
#208 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
I think having the seasons to restart when you move households makes no sense whatsoever
you can make your seasons longer if you need, make lifespans longer as well
or even use different saves for your different households, and have fun if you will
but if you wanna be overwhelmed, I guess nothing can stop you..

I don't, and I'm having no issues with playing rotational game with 6 families, with seasons and before seasons (along with all the damn old/new bugs )
and I'm not in fear for my mods either.. those only needs an update when the game gets one, which makes total sense for me..
and without them the game won't be worth it, for me.. so everyone gets to have an opinion..

Yeah for me I prefer to have seasons flow continuously the same for all family as well. Having it to reset would break the immersion for me. As if you just had coffee with a friend and that friend tells you his hood already advanced to Summer while you're still stuck in Winter.

I play on long, and set my game seasons to last 2 weeks (for a save that rotates between 2 families) or 4 weeks (for a save that rotates between 5 families) so I can rotate and still having the same seasonal flow throughout all hoods.
Page 9 of 9