Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:36 AM
Default White lines in cc hair.
some of my cc hairs show up fine in CAS however when i'm in game white lines show. The closer i zoom to my sim, the less they appear. I tried lowering my graphic settings and nothing helped. Does anyone know what could be the issue?

here are my specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:24 AM
is this happening in all of your hairs or just specific ones?? if specific could you tell me what the cc names are?
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:32 AM
Did you just upgrade Windows 10? Some of my hairs started doing that after I upgraded, I got furious and rolled it back. I use AMD so I can turn on anti-aliasing in my game to fix this but after the upgrade my graphics card seemed no longer compatible. (Updating the driver did not help)

There is a program called Nvidia Inspector that can correct your problem, but as I use AMD I don't know how to use it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:51 PM
This problem i found is always caused by graphics performance,, u must uncheck the one box, i will have to get back to you on witch one, it is deff ths issue i can almost promise!

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:53 PM
Default got it...
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Did you just upgrade Windows 10? Some of my hairs started doing that after I upgraded, I got furious and rolled it back. I use AMD so I can turn on anti-aliasing in my game to fix this but after the upgrade my graphics card seemed no longer compatible. (Updating the driver did not help)

There is a program called Nvidia Inspector that can correct your problem, but as I use AMD I don't know how to use it.

Laptop mode needs turned off hun,if that doesnt work than its ur graphics card or something... but it willl work

(i meant to quote myself idk why it quoted this)

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 9:29 PM
Id assume this worked for you? since there was no reply.. but this is a common problem that can be fixed with a 10 second google search..

Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:49 AM
i know this is a pretty old thread but i came across it while googling since i am having this same problem!! its only on some hairs. super close up and in cas they are perfect, but once i go into live mode and zoom out at a decent playing distance level those thin lines start showing in the hair! laptop mode is never on and id say i have a decent graphics card. i have no idea what is causing this, is it an issue with the hair mesh itself and the problem is with the actual hair or is is something on my end?? i never see anyone complain about this issue even on popular hairs that have THOUSANDS of downloads...surely if the issue was the hair more people would complain or bring up this issue right???
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BieberFever975
i know this is a pretty old thread but i came across it while googling since i am having this same problem!! its only on some hairs. super close up and in cas they are perfect, but once i go into live mode and zoom out at a decent playing distance level those thin lines start showing in the hair! laptop mode is never on and id say i have a decent graphics card. i have no idea what is causing this, is it an issue with the hair mesh itself and the problem is with the actual hair or is is something on my end?? i never see anyone complain about this issue even on popular hairs that have THOUSANDS of downloads...surely if the issue was the hair more people would complain or bring up this issue right???

In my case I have a graphics driver that needs uninstalling and reinstalling because its on the fritz, but even then, to me the only CC this happens to are dresses by SandriniFeierabend. I have asked them if redownloading their items will fix it and now I wait for a reply.
It perhaps could be a issue with the way certain CC creators make their things. It could be an issue with the sims engine. It could be graphics incompatibilities between creator and user. Who knows at this point?