Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:35 AM
Thank you for the information! I have two questions:

1. Does the crediting policy apply to previews as well? For example, if I upload a dress but use a custom, non-EA hairstyle or skin in the previews.

2. In case a piece of CC we used is no longer available (e.g. creator deleted it or the blog/website, or the link expired), are we allowed to link to reblogs or reupload the items ourselves somewhere and link to that?

Edit: I would like to point out that some creators (simtanico and pleyita, to name two) have all their TS3 downloads on a single, custom Tumblr page - in which case it would be more useful to link to that page, as it contains information about their creations, rather than to the files themselves.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 12:10 PM
This could be a challenge to new creators, on the other hand it will be easier for everyone else.

Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil

1. Does the crediting policy apply to previews as well? For example, if I upload a dress but use a custom, non-EA hairstyle or skin in the previews.

2. In case a piece of CC we used is no longer available (e.g. creator deleted it or the blog/website, or the link expired), are we allowed to link to reblogs or reupload the items ourselves somewhere and link to that?

Edit: I would like to point out that some creators (simtanico and pleyita, to name two) have all their TS3 downloads on a single, custom Tumblr page - in which case it would be more useful to link to that page, as it contains information about their creations, rather than to the files themselves.

On point 1, I would say you have to list it. If someone can be offended, it will be your responsibility. It's also the case of curious commenters. If people ask for it 1 year after it's been uploaded, you can be pretty sure you no longer remember what eyeshadow your model used.

On point 2, for Luna, her blog is now thoroughly down. You will have to get it somewhere else, but I still know Luna made it. I would then credit Luna and link somewhere else. I have even uploaded it with the creation using her content her on mts.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil

I believe you're also thinking about Custom Content included with or required for uploads. This new policy affects only resource credits. So, for example, you've made a new pattern for TS3 using Photoshop brushes you downloaded from DeviantArt or Brusheezy, or you've created a new mesh using part of a mesh created by someone else. This doesn't apply to full items such as clothing or makeup created by someone else that you use on your Sim for an outfit, or custom furniture used in a lot, for example.

Does that help?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I believe you're also thinking about Custom Content included with or required for uploads. This new policy affects only resource credits. So, for example, you've made a new pattern for TS3 using Photoshop brushes you downloaded from DeviantArt or Brusheezy, or you've created a new mesh using part of a mesh created by someone else. This doesn't apply to full items such as clothing or makeup created by someone else that you use on your Sim for an outfit, or custom furniture used in a lot, for example.

Does that help?

1. I'll use a concrete example: this teen conversion of the Store Russian Wrap outfit, that I uploaded here on MTS.
At the end, I also wrote credits for the hairstyles and skin I used in the previews, but which are not included in the MTS download (because the download is only for the outfit).
My question was if I also have to credit those - it's not a big effort at all, but I have several skins installed and it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

2. To use another example, a lot of people use the cornices from Awesims in lots. Seeing as Awesims's website is no longer online, people either include the cornices with their lots, or put links to somewhere that hosts them. I was asking how that will be handled in terms of crediting.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:47 PM
Split and moved to site issues just to avoid confusion since this isn't really Resource credits related You can change the title though into something else if you want to!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:53 PM
@sweetdevil
Let's see if I can clear it up for you

In your first example, it is not required that you link to those items used in presentation only, unless the original creators request it (which isn't usual); however, it would be considerate that you do so, and you did! That way it can help boost the original creator's views and possibly subsequent downloads, and also helps downloaders who see something in your images and want to know where to find it. But these don't go in Additional Credits during the uploading process, simply in your description, or in Related Uploads/Downloads in the case of MTS CC. If you were uploading a Sim, the requirements are different, and you would be including those links as Optional content

Your second example is a good example of required custom content and a credit absolutely must be included, if at all possible. The exception here would be the fact that the content is no longer available by the creator, in which case you can most often assume it's okay to share it, and link to where the upload can be found, or include the files in your upload. It's when the creator is still online in some capacity that we have an issue specifically with repository sites If they are, we won't accept Sims Cave, and will ask you to either remove the content or find another source.
"No content from sites that are repositories of unmodified content when it is still available from the original creator, whether these items are pay or free (no Booty or Simscave, torrents, sites full of stolen content or similar, but the Graveyard and sites that offer recolours or modifications with the mesh are okay)."
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:46 PM
@Simmiller Thank you for clarifying, those were the things I was confused about

Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 11:00 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered