Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2226 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 2:49 PM
Well, the challenge deciding who will be my next legacy heiress (first five star celebrity) has ended.

This screenshot sums it up perfectly: The winner is... Minerva!

No, really. The Starlight Award really did decide the challenge. And it was thiiiiiis close. Only thing almost staged here is Artemis looking sad (a friend has died, but it's still a coincidence ). I actually wanted Artemis to win, so I'm a liiiittle disappointed. But, that's how it works. Didn't want their father to win the first fight for the "throne" either...

Minerva celebrating her win the best way she knows: Doing stupid stuff to gain attention, not caring if it's negative or positive.

At the end of the day, I will miss this alternate reality game play. The sisters really supported each other through all of this and I think I'm going to keep them in my main save with a different name like my interpretation of the Kardashian sisters
Advertisement
Scholar
#2227 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 7:23 AM
Still fumbling around the game trying to figure it out. Had a whoohoo with the neighbor that resulted in a kid. Really adorable girl always popping by to say hi. Pestering her two very similar half brothers. Then someone in the family died so I checked the family tree. Turns out it wasn't the same little girl popping by so much. It was identical triplets, I have never had identical triplets and these girls are confusing me so bad. Kathryn, Tessa, and Ratna were pulling a fast one one me through their childhood years.

Also it appears their dad's (Deangalo) favorite past time includes eating a bowl of cereal while trimming the bonzi tree. So normality and this family isn't a thing. Though they don't like talking about their strangely dressed uncle who terrorizes the neighborhood.
Screenshots

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Top Secret Researcher
#2228 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 8:59 PM
Okay, my sim is away in Jungle adventure, which I've not really played and he gets a call from Cassie Goth about Karaoke. I'm intrigued...how does this work when the sim is on a 3 day vacation? Well, he's back in his hometown.
This is just one of the things that tells me Jungle Adventure isn't very well thought out. They player interface is not obvious, either.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2229 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 3:03 PM
Heath proposed again, this time at the Romance Festival, and this time, they knew each other better, and she said yes!!

And they got married on love day! So cliche!

They had an adventure in the jungle for their honeymoon!

and a new adventure named Blaine was born to Heath and Morgan. (That's Morgan Fyres)

Here is Sterling cuddling Heath and Heath cuddling Blaine.
Forum Resident
#2230 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 5:29 PM
So...young Julius Green fell in love and married a woman who proved to be an alien woman. As she was rather old, and they still wanted a family, they've been going at the baby-making business with no small amount of urgency. Well...he was abducted after one of their attempts, and came home pregnant. But...surprise, his wife is ALSO pregnant! So now they have alien "twins" who are really half-siblings.

On a completely different subject altogether, I just realized...Sims 4 did away with carpools and school buses! I didn't realize it until I was playing Sims 2 recently. I love the absence.
Scholar
#2231 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:56 AM
Remember the uncle I said no one talks about? Well Glen managed to find the one that didn't mind him being odd. Rieko literally his opposite. She's a fashion figure and he's a fashion disaster. They met while he was hanging out with a nephew. The next day the romance festival was in town and that's when they got spontaneously engaged and married at the romance festival. Which is cool that the fireworks go off when vows are said and done. Shortly there after they had their first son Adonis. Wish I got screen shots of him in Selvadorada because it was cute unlike most toddlers who stranger danger away so long as it wasn't related to him he liked babbling to strangers. It-um-wasn't the parents choice to bring him, they wanted to leave him behind but surprise he showed up with them.

Adonis and Glen are close even had fun at the hijinks festival... Aside from a stranger trying to blow up the toddler.

They went on to have one perfectly normal blonde hair son Ryhz, and a daughter Chaya. (Yeah I go on Sim Randomized names)

Bonus: First pic is of Glen being mischievous and asking his sister when the baby is due.
Screenshots

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#2232 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 7:26 AM
Finished making a poor and really filthy area in Oasis Springs where all the worst Sims live. However, since the game insists on making NPCs, who don’t fit the theme, loads of well dressed Sims come by and often visit. This is useful though sometimes as the Krupp family, who are just about as awful as Sims can get, have visitors who tend their garden and wash dishes. One of them even fed the Krupp toddler and gave him a bath. The garden is full of trash plants but there is the occasional decent plant in amongst the mess. The Krupp’s also have a dog who appears to be somewhat angry all the time.

Next door to the Krupp’s live the Joiner family, who never join anything and are unemployed thanks to the self employment mod. They have cats who are very noisy and a Grandfather who does nothing but eat and watch TV. Myrtle Joiner is mostly sad and is at the moment pregnant, while her partner is building a rocket in the back yard. Planning to escape no doubt. He’s a Kleptomaniac and goes happily off to the more up market neighborhood I made and steals. That’s how they get their income.

Finally there is Felix Purina, who lives alone with 4 cats. He’s high up in the criminal career and is extremely fat and very angry all the time. He doesn’t like Sims just cats. He’s also red. I liked the idea of having an angry, fat red Sim.

Will try to post some photos sometime.
Scholar
#2233 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 1:23 AM
William and Emma's daughter Sybil is about to age to child, so I wanted them to have one more baby. So I had em try for baby. I checked the mom's status and it showed TWIN BOYS! Nice! I had the latest version of the ultrasound (rabbithole) mod, so I had her go for a ultrasound and the ultrasound showed TWO babies, even on the little photo. But then I noticed that on her stats, the pregnancy kept jumping between 1 and 2 babies! WTF! Just before labour started, I restarted the game to see if it'd solve the glitch. But when she went into labour, only one baby boy was born. So now, I consider that a pregnancy loss. I don't know if it was an EA glitch or a glitch 'induced' by a mod or that ultrasound mod, but the baby is gone.

The only good thing about it is, that now there is still ONE free slot in their house, so soon, Axel and Audrey (Emma's twin) can try for a baby and they'll all have 2 children between them. Emma and Audrey live together with their husbands and 3 children between them. So one more baby for Axel and Audrey would bring the count up to 8.

But I still have the ultrasound picture on teh wall that shows the pregnancy was twins.

You can see the photo on the bottom right shows a twin pregnancy. I do not have any miscarriage mods.

I also jumped over and aged to toddler, Heath/Morgan's son, Blaine. Heath is the little brother of Audrey and Emma.

Heath with Blaine

Axel won a Starlight Accolade for Best Actor! Amazing, because he's only a Notable Newcomer, level 6 actor, yet he still won.
Lab Assistant
#2234 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 2:49 AM
Didn't think to take a screenshot when it happened, but I'm 99% certain that my Nanny is trying to murder one of my toddlers in my legacy family.

I saw him walking off in the backyard with one of my toddlers in tow, but I was too busy micro-managing my other 6 sims to notice where he was going (I have 2 adults, 2 Children, and 3 toddlers, so my attention is constantly stretched). I later got a pop up message warning me that that toddler was starving and in danger of being taken away from me by social services. So I clicked on their portrait, and found them literally at the edge of the map, several blocks down, abandoned in the forest!

Damn it Nanny I know that killing sims is part of the fun for many people, but that's my job not yours! Just because I was planning on killing one of them myself doesn't make it ok for you to do it for me!
Scholar
#2235 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:17 PM
Axel and Audrey's son Cameron aged up to child (I don't know why, his aging was paused through MCCC?). They tried for a baby and had a girl who is named Erika. (Not named after her great Uncle). Funny thing is. When Audrey was pregnant, probably only in her first trimester, I had them woohoo, and immediately afterward, she got up, ran to the bathroom and threw up! LOL

Axel hosted a meet-and-greet (part of his aspiration) and it was very successful. I laughed so hard at making them swoon!!

these are Sterling's 4 grandchildren:
Scholar
#2236 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:43 PM Last edited by kewpie : 18th Feb 2019 at 6:56 PM.
I got tired of the premade EA sims and the randomly generated townies in the game. After a while, they all look the same and kind of bland. So I nuked all of them and downloaded a ton of sims from the gallery. I mostly went witch celebrity sims, because they tend to have more detailed and unique features. People are trying to copy real people, so they have little flaws and things people might not think to include when making folk from scratch.

I diwnloaded them all as single sims, and changed their personalities. Most celebrity sims have very similar traits – almost all of them are self assured. I didn’t want them acting like the people they were modled after. I just wanted their unique DNA in my town. I also changed their names using the random name generator.

I should have done gender swaps or changed their clothes and hairstyles. Even though they have random names and traits, many of them still look exactly like the celebrities they represent. Even though my sims dont know these people are famous, my eyes do. And its so weird seeing these celebrities doing stuff in the game. It’s even weirder when they randomly hook up, get married and start families.

I‘ve done several double-takes and had many WTF moments in my game.

Examples:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is almost always the bartender. Prince William is the guitar busker in the city. His real life wife, Kate Middleton is usually running a food stand. Nicky Minaj works as a waitress. (Whoever created her made her boobs HUGE. The food plates sometimes vanish into her boobs when she carries them!)

Ellen Degenerus is CONSTANTLY arguing with the talking toilets in the karaoke bar. I‘m not sure what traits she has that make her do this.

Melania Trump is the leader of a Cosplay club the game randomly generated. So she‘s frequently wandering around town dressed up like Princess Leiah. She also farts. A LOT.

Donald Trump picks up and cuddles stray cats all the time. He feeds them treats and plays with them too.

The prize for strangest thing ever goes to KellyAnne Conway and Snoop Dogg. They met at the Love Festival and flirted the entire time. Gradually, they moved on to snuggling and kissing each other. By the end of the night, they were making out nonstop. I think I‘ll add a woohoo bush in the scenery next love fest. That would make for interesting genetics.
Scholar
#2237 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:03 AM
Uh, Windows decided to update again (again, without my consent, these things are pretty much forced on you although you can roll back), and like LAST TIME, it screwed up my graphics, making graphic tearing in certain hairstyles ect. Like, I cannot accept that. So I first tried to update my graphics card driver. That didnt work last time, but this time it totally did! And then I turned on anti-aliasing for extra measure... and everything looks fine.

However the update also screwed up colors in game and the dark colors all looked kind of washed out and ashy, including dark skin colors. So I messed around with color, hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness on my monitor and my graphics card and everything looks great, in fact better than ever! Blacks and shadows have richness and depth now and dark skin tones don't look flat anymore!

So thats whats happening in my game, in a graphics sense... glad I didn't have to roll back.

Playing this family now because these boys need to age to young adult asap! About 3 weeks to go. Plus their toddler age siblings will age up soon too. Both boys woohood for the first time with their GFs. They'll marry them when they are older.

I dunno why my screenshots look so dark compared to the actual game??!! Meh. Oh well. I mean, the second pic looks a bit darker anyway... anybody? Actually no. This is weird, but my screenshots look darker when uploaded to (the internet?) than they do on my PC... weird??
Field Researcher
#2238 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:07 AM
My sim got married and decided to have a baby. She had triplets. No mods, no rewards, nothing. Her husband seems to have checked out as a dad because there are just too many toddlers to look after. He just watches TV all day. He hates his life.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Forum Resident
#2239 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
My sim got married and decided to have a baby. She had triplets. No mods, no rewards, nothing. Her husband seems to have checked out as a dad because there are just too many toddlers to look after. He just watches TV all day. He hates his life.

Actually, I've heart about triplets and twins quite a lot from different players in the last time. I wonder if this bug where almost every pregnancy ends in having multiple babies is back.
Scholar
#2240 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 7:31 PM
Kjeld, who is 19 now, received some big news.

He's going to be a dad. Cassandra Goth is his partner.

She's scared and alone, living in a mobile home park (with another female sim who is in her own separate mobile home, same lot.)

Kjeld assures her of his love and devotion and moves in with her just before the birth. He gets a job as a lifeguard (Mod) to help support the baby and Cassandra.

A son is born! Max Goth-Nielsen.

At the same time, I also moved in Ivan, his cousin, since they grew up together and share the same birthdate, and Ivan is boyfriend with the other female sim I mentioned. I usually wait until teens are closer to adulthood before I let them do this kind of thing, and this was again, unplanned, as I have a 1% chance of conception with MCCC. So the same thing that happened to his brother Axel, happened to Kjeld.

Kjeld (and Ivan) are 4 days away from young adulthood. I will stop playing just before they age up because I'm thinking of moving them into Strangerville, and I am curious about giving Ivan (Who is a genius) the new trait, possibly. I want him to be a scientist as well and I think that'd really go well with the Strangerville mystery.

I kind of wanted Kjeld to be a model (mod career) because, well look at him, but now I wonder if he'd be suited for the military career?
Forum Resident
#2241 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 5:55 PM
Off to playing StrangerVille. To keep the story more interesting, I'll integrate it into my legacy safe . Minerva, who has won the throne, doesn't want it and plans to run away from home (she is still a teen) with no money.
She'll live on the trailer park lot.
Only rule I have to bent for The Runaway Teen Challenge is her not being allowed to talk to adults, I guess.
Scholar
#2242 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 3:39 PM
So I switched over to play Magnus, Ivan's brother, until I got Strangerville. I wanted to age Ivan up and give him the paranoid trait, and have him solve the mystery. So I played Magnus,

They were down one kid for the weekend, there was a thunderstorm, and they got flirty

It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss, how did it end up like this?

Seriously? They woohoo'd twice, and she got pregnant by 1% risky chance. I was not expecting this! But I was pleasantly surprised. Now he has 4 children. A son, Raymond was born. The son's name is Raymond Nielsen. Hehehe, that was my great grandfathers name... Well the family is supposed to be Danes.

They went to granite falls for vacation, Amaja aged up to child, and then I got Strangerville and now I'm playing Ivan and Kjeld, and Kjeld's son is now a toddler. Strangerville has been an absolute blast, I havent finished the story but I'm close and I love it.

It broke my heart to cut off Kjeld's gorgeous blond hair but he's in the military and needs short hair. (I hate that flattop hair but I hate flattop hair in real life so it's not EA)

Kjeld with Max.
Field Researcher
#2243 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 27th Feb 2019 at 10:05 PM.
I feel like such a bad Simmer... I got 300 hours plus in the game and I don't have any cool story to show for it. I just jump from thing to thing, testing stuff and failing at building a family.

Edit. So... My Sim got asked out on a date by his love interest. Five minutes later his date was off smacking on someone else. I'm heartbroken for my Sim.

Edit 2: And then the date had the nerve to say he thought the date was BAD! He was off smacking on someone else. I can't... But maybe it's my fault for having autonomy altering mods.
Scholar
#2244 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 2:56 AM
Sooo my main sim who is solving the strangerville mystery, who happens to have the paranoid trait.. my god that poor boy. He got abducted. And now the race is on to solve the mystery (almost there) because that poor boy is now pregnant (except he hasn't experienced any symptoms yet)

I wonder if there is higher odds of being abducted here? He is not employed yet, though I will have him be a Scientist...(after he's solved the mystery)

Also he and his cousin proposed to their gfs at the romance festival and BOTH got rejected and I'm so pissed right now muther #$*(#4 hell man... WTF! So I think I'll just do them separately and wait a bit longer.
Forum Resident
#2245 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I feel like such a bad Simmer... I got 300 hours plus in the game and I don't have any cool story to show for it. I just jump from thing to thing, testing stuff and failing at building a family.

Edit. So... My Sim got asked out on a date by his love interest. Five minutes later his date was off smacking on someone else. I'm heartbroken for my Sim.

Edit 2: And then the date had the nerve to say he thought the date was BAD! He was off smacking on someone else. I can't... But maybe it's my fault for having autonomy altering mods.

I had two Sims woohoo on their first date (without goals) and the guy still thought, it was bad. Than called her a only at night time. Not gonna say it, but it's clear what kind of guy he is.
Field Researcher
#2246 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 28th Feb 2019 at 10:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I had two Sims woohoo on their first date (without goals) and the guy still thought, it was bad. Than called her a only at night time. Not gonna say it, but it's clear what kind of guy he is.

Deffo. I'm thinking about finding someone better for my Sim.

Edit. Well my game borked. A convo doesn't wanna go away. This is the second time that happened. Also... a female was standing up peeing? I don't even have CC at the moment.
Top Secret Researcher
#2247 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 5:42 AM
Almost done with the Strangevillle Game pack.

It was worth the $20 to see what EA people think about the military.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2248 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 7:13 AM
It's really not that unusual though, that you have to be friends with someone before they'll help you with something, in this game... but whatev. I think of all the board tasks in TS3 World Adventures.

Anyway.. I finished this story and I loved it and um now I'm just enjoying LIVING at this location and playing in this town. Was it fun? F### yeah. Is it replayable? Absolutely! But not like all the time. Same with going on vacation to Selvodorada. I don't do that all the time, so I won't replay this story all the time. Maybe in a few months I'll play it again with my favorite scientist son, Padraig. Like, absolutely.

So Ivan solved the mystery and he recruited his cousin and their girlfriends to finish the story, so they did it together which made it even more awesome. Ivan got a job as a scientist because he was inspired by everything he saw and learned in Strangerville. He's a dad now to a little alien baby girl named Grete (Greta) and now the big thing is to get their damn girlfriends to say yes to proposals.

I changed their looks (hair) too.

He's not as handsome as his brother Magnus, he always looks like he's sucking on a hard candy LOL :/ Still pretty cute though

I think the hairstyles really suit them, and I think Kjeld's hair really is conservative enough for a military career.
Forum Resident
#2249 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 1:42 AM
I'm trying my hand at a legacy again (50th times the charm). After my 3rd gen (normal lifespan) was born I was randomly panning around the communal areas and spotted this. I have a mod that stops food from spoiling, I never noticed this "side effect" before though after 3 years. It makes me want to go into my old saves and look at all the parks lol.

I can't put any of it in my sims inventory because it doesn't belong to them. They'd be set for like 2 generations if I could, lol.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#2250 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 4:36 PM
#*%#(*)% So I have been trying to get Kjeld and Cassandra engaged and Ivan and Roxanne engaged. But both boys have been rejected. Twice for Kjeld and one time for Ivan. Thing is, if you pause it just as he propose and the music starts, the music will usually keep playing. If she says yes, the music is all upbeat wedding march. If she says no, its kind of downer music.

So Kjeld and Ivan and their girls were on vacation for 2 days at Granite falls during the winter, on the winter holiday (family day), and I worked Ivan up to a STEAMY EXCHANGE. She said no. I rage quit and took out all my mods. Restarted. Instead of being Saturday, I was now on THURSDAY and the one holiday from the day before was done but it was now family day... weird. This time I tried with Kjeld, working up to a steamy exchange! SHE SAID YES! OH MY GOD. Save save save! Then I tried with Ivan! She. Said. No. I rage quit. Started over and made HER propose. THAT DID IT! HE SAID YES!!! If he had said no, I would have broken them up and moved her from the family and concluded they were not meant to be.

In my rage, I did not even get pics of Kjeld proposing. He's done it so many times now, it's lost its meaning. Oh well, there's always the wedding...

And of course that happened:

There is a bug thread on EA about constant rejected proposals and honestly I wonder, because even after I repaired my game and took out my mods, Roxanne still said no to Ivan.. I don't get why she did...
Page 90 of 104