Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Nysha : 10th Dec 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Default Revamping the Sim Challenges Forums + Recruiting a Moderator
We've made a few changes to the sim challenges forums, which we hope will make those forums easier and more rewarding to use. These aren't major changes, just some tidying up to make things easier to find.

You can find the challenges forums under:

If you haven't tried playing a challenge before, have a go now - challenges are a fantastic way to try a different way of playing from what you're used to, and to make the game more interesting if you're starting to get bored!

New posting guidelines
Currently, there are a lot of threads in both forums which aren't really sim challenges - some contests, some stories without pics, some threads talking about particular playstyles without providing any rules or goals for players to use in their own games. While all these kinds of threads are great and are things we want to have on MTS, they don't belong in the challenges forums, and they make it more difficult to find real challenges in those forums.

To help with that, we've written some (relatively) brief new posting guidelines for the challenges forums. Click the button below to view them:

Archives
We have also added archives to both challenge forums. At present, they contain challenges which were posted 6 months+ ago and have not had any replies, as that suggests that no-one is playing them. Threads which aren't really challenges will also be moved to the archive, with a note to the poster explaining why their thread has been archived - we have just started going through and doing this, and more threads will be archived in the coming days and weeks.

New moderators
We are also looking for one or two people who would like to become moderators in the challenges forums. This wouldn't entail a great deal of work - just keeping an eye on the challenges forums, moving or occasionally deleting threads which shouldn't be there, and pointing out any more serious problems which may arise to other staff members. We are looking for someone who:
  • Is interested in challenge play, and likes to read about new challenges.
  • Has a reasonable level of English, although you don't need to be a native speaker - just good enough to make yourself understood.
  • Is generally polite and helpful. Although you'll only be moderating the challenges forums, you will be expected to be reasonably nice and courteous elsewhere on the site, although mocking people with gifs is totally acceptable.
  • Has been active on MTS for at least 6 months, and can commit to checking the forums about once a week.

If you'd like to apply, you can post here, or shoot a PM to myself, HystericalParoxysm or Leefish, with the following info:
  1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS? What do you usually spend that time doing? You may wish to mention something about challenges here.
  2. Are you staff for any other sims sites?
  3. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.
  4. Is there anything that doesn't taste good with bacon?

That's it! I hope you all enjoy the prettified challenges forums, and have fun with your simmies over Christmas.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 9:42 PM Last edited by levini : 10th Dec 2013 at 10:52 PM.
I guess I will apply and whatnot! Live a little! Besides, I love gifs! I have a folder dedicated to reaction gifs.

How much time do you typically spend on MTS? What do you usually spend that time doing? I spend quite a bit of time in my day on it, when not doing schooling or bouncing around to other sites.
Are you staff for any other sims sites? As of now, no.
Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant. Well,I am Levini, I am a bright young student who Loves to sim. I am addicted to bacon and having more fun than anything. I run my own tumblr, I am the treasurer of a small club at my school. I am usually up all hours and I just love to do things for the joy of doing it!
Is there anything that doesn't taste good with bacon? Yes, glitter....

Is this like a Season 2 of Moderator Idol? I gotta go practice my singing!

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:18 PM
Oooh, work that doesn't take a great deal of work. I'm lazy enough to hit your low-lying bar!

1. I'm usually on daily for at least five hours, whether actively browsing threads or letting the site run in the background.
2. I am not currently staffing any other site.
3. Hmm. I've been told that I sing well. I have a terrible habit of burping loudly in my office--my attorneys seem to find it funny. I'm fond of the color gray. When I was younger, I told people that I was going to be an engineer when I grew up, because I thought that engineers fixed cars. When they told me what engineers really did, I told them that I wasn't going to get a job. I still have an old "5000 free AOL hours" disc somewhere in the house. I find mole crickets adorable and put earthworms that are stranded on the sidewalk back into the grass.
4. I've been advised that bacon-flavored vodka is not NEARLY the phenomenon that it should be. Apparently you need to keep on topping your martinis with the real thing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:19 PM
I think this could be rather enjoyable, I like using gifs.

How much time do you typically spend on MTS? A lot. I check in multiple times per day.

What do you usually spend that time doing? Going over new posts, posting, checking for new downloads.

Are you staff for any other sims sites? I'm an admin in my friends board. I was a moderator before that.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.
I'm 47 years young with 2 kids and live in country Australia. *So get off me lawn!* I've played sims 1,2 and 3. I like playing challenges even though I've only finished a couple. I like dry wit and gifs. I also have a very long challenge of my own that I should post down here.

Is there anything that doesn't taste good with bacon? I don't like it on sweet foods. I prefer my bacon crispy and savory, which is how we eat it over here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'd like to help as a moderator,so..let's start..
1.I'm on MTS usually when i have a lots of free time.I spend here 30 minutes,or shorter,if i don't have too much time,and i'm usually on community forums chattin' or i'm just checking downloads,to see if there's something cool..
2.Nope,'cuz i didn't register to other simsites(they seem booring)
3.I am 15 years old girl,named Alexandra. xd
I'm good at baking food.And i love money,animals,horrors,historic buildings,old houses and..feta cheese :3 Some people told me that i'm born for philosophy.
I hate zebras,nose piercings and i reaaaally hate zombies..
4.Feta cheese..i guess..?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 6:38 AM Last edited by Dragonflysparkles : 15th Dec 2013 at 4:59 AM.
I think I want to contribute something more to the site besides uploading, so I'm in!

1. I browse here a lot. I usually just have a quick-check to see downloads and stuff and then left the tab for hours. I usually post things when I feel like it, not a fan of debate.
2. I am not currently a staff at any other sites.
3. I love science, especially Astronomy. I'm obsessed with a lot of bands and I like everything horror ranging from short stories to movies and I like Chinese food. I play and completed a few of Sims 3 challenges and currently playing one, I did a couple of Sims 2 challenge but manage to complete only one XD, Asylum challenge.
4. I don't eat bacon or pork
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 10:18 PM
I'm up for giving it a go.

1. I'm here at least once a day for a bit checking the downloads and a few of the threads that I particularly like. I used to post a lot but I've had a fair few exams recently.
2. I'm not and have never been a staff member on another site.
3. I'm 15, from the very north of England. Full time internet addict and student who now owns a laptop that is currently having a mid life crisis which will only end in its hard drive's fiery demise. I played sims 2 and 3 pre-crisis and will hopefully return to it after Christmas. I also have an irrational phobia of velvet and am the proud owner of a goldfish named Miranda.
4. Fish food, perhaps?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:04 PM
Let me have a go here.

1 Im here at least here 3 times a day for 1 hour each..... i think.

2 No. I just love MTS Alot

3 Im Colin. I suck at building lots but i am getting better.

4 Lemon Drops or Cheese Cake

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 7:40 AM
1. I'm usually on Mod The Sims for a few hours each day. I look at most of the forums and downloads, and check out the new posts that have been posted.
2. No, I'm not. Mod The Sims is the only sims site I am an actual member of
3. I am turning 20 on the 19th of December and I live in Albury, Australia. I spend most of my time on the internet and I am a member of a few other non-sim related forums. I'm good at making mods and I'm trying to make scripting mods, but I'm not any good yet. I also have a fear of clowns
4. Everything is good with bacon... Did someone say Bacon

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:48 PM
1. I'm on MTS everyday. I usually stay on for about 3 or 4 hours. Mostly on the Download sections.
2. No, I'm not a mod on a Sims content site, but I own http://valerialukyanovafansite.weebly.com.
I have a account on The Sims 3 official site, but that's about it.
3. My name is Britannic, and I love talking to people, especially about any sim game. I even got my friends hooked on playing sims. I've played just about every sim game on various consoles. I live in lovely Florida, and love to experiment with SimPE and BodyShop.
4. Ice cream, hmm, bacon flavoured ice cream (makes Homer Simpson drooling noise)

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:25 PM
Just a question, not nagging. Just wondering if there will be a post or something when the new mod(s) is/are chosen...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:33 PM
Sorry guys - this is the situation : Nysha is busy right now with job applications, but wants to finish what she started, we DO have a person in mind, but Nysha will do the pm/explain etc to the involved person as soon as she can.

/me snuffles off back to her project.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 3:48 PM
I clicked helpful on your reply, Lee, then later realized it didn't really answer my question, lol. (Still left it clicked though, since it is helpful either way) I was really just asking if once it's all said and done and the new mod in place (however long it may be), will there be a post/comment to let the rest of us know?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:04 PM
Yes, there will be a post telling all of you who it is.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#15 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:09 PM
Ok, thanks. That's what I wanted to know
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:10 PM
Since EA put out another STUPID patch 1.66 which doesn't let all mods work, will the ones from here be updated?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:15 PM
@DMsCreations - your post is not relevant to the topic. Please make a thread of your own in future. Regarding mods - it is up to the creators to check if their mods work with the latest patch.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 3:56 PM
Thank you to all of you who applied for the post of moderator. After long and careful deliberation Nysha and the rest of the staff have chosen Jones7659 as our new moderator.

Thank you again and happy simming.

Site Helper
#19 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 4:51 PM
Congratulations Jones7659! (I assume it's congratulations, since you applied for the job? I'm willing to make it condolences if that fits better. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 7:09 PM
Thanks, Ghost sdoj! For now congrats is good Now who knows I may regret it on down the line (just kidding...I hope, lol)