Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 5:16 PM
Default WCIF Iron Lacework columns/fences for porches and gazebos?
It's driving me mad! I know I used to have it, now I can't bloody find it! It's a lovely set of black iron filigree stuff that really dolls up a Victorian porch or gazebo. I think the columns were square, and there were top-pieces that either came along with the column fence or were separate decorative pieces, I can't remember which. I could have sworn I got it from here, but I couldn't find it in "Build". I even spend an infuriating half an hour scrolling through ads at TSR to no avail . . . GRR! Of course I have no idea who made it, I wish I did. Does anybody know what I'm talking about, or where I can find it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 5:39 PM
I'm not sure about columns, but there's this set https://modthesims.info/d/307310/ by tbudgett with the roof trim. You might find that she's the right modder for the rest you're looking for, though.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I'm not sure about columns, but there's this set https://modthesims.info/d/307310/ by tbudgett with the roof trim. You might find that she's the right modder for the rest you're looking for, though.

Thanks for the quick reply, @Sunbee! That's a beautiful set by tbudgett, and it's very close to the specific one I'm looking for, but even going through the rest of tbudgett's mods I still couldn't find it. (You're right, he/she does have a ton of wrought iron!) The one I'm thinking of has more of a rounded effect on the top trim part, so it kind of makes an archway. Like I said, I can't remember if that's part of a fence which can just be dragged along, or if it's a separate piece that has to be placed down, probably using cheats.

I'm reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice and I'm trying to build the house in the book which is located in the Garden District of New Orleans. I've Google-Earthed it (on the corner of First and Chestnut) and there's a lot of construction going on to one side of the house, which makes it very hard to see the actual shape of things, what with all the mossy trees and scaffolds and whatnot, lol. But I'm gonna do my best! Maybe I'll even kill a few sims to haunt the place, that would be cool. (Too bad you can't really roll a guy up in a rug and leave him in the attic, ha ha. Oh my god, listen to me; that sounds pretty awful! Great book, though!)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
It's driving me mad! I know I used to have it, now I can't bloody find it! It's a lovely set of black iron filigree stuff that really dolls up a Victorian porch or gazebo. I think the columns were square, and there were top-pieces that either came along with the column fence or were separate decorative pieces, I can't remember which. I could have sworn I got it from here, but I couldn't find it in "Build". I even spend an infuriating half an hour scrolling through ads at TSR to no avail . . . GRR! Of course I have no idea who made it, I wish I did. Does anybody know what I'm talking about, or where I can find it?

You're probably looking for Crisps & Kerosene's conversion of the TS3 "Forgotten Ironwork" set from the TS3 "Century Manor" store set. 2 fences, 2 gates, 1 column. Colors are black, white, and light aqua/turquoise.

Pictures at the following link, SFS download link in the second post.
https://modthesims.info/t/575333
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 8:20 PM
Woohoo, that's it! Thankyou thankyou thankyou, @RoxEllen1965. I can't wait to see this house when it's done. I'm on page 932 of the book now, and almost done, so I'd better build fast, ha ha!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 2:19 AM
@Laurcleve - I'm glad I could help. I look forward to seeing screenshots of the house when you're finished with it (please don't rush on my account).