Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#76 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 3:39 PM
The spikes dropping down to the floor are unassigned vertices, you need to assigne bones to them.
If you use divide faces you always need to reassigne the bones on the new vert.
Except when using divide in 2, the new vertice will then choose one of the settings from the first vertices selected but you still need to udate it as it will randomly pick either the top or bottom vert as reference.
If you(for instance) divide a face on the left side of the mesh it will use the vertice above it as reference but while you do the same on the right side it will use the vertice below it as reference.
In both cases you need to update it with the average of the verts arround it.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 4:29 PM
Thanks! I never even thought of the bones - had no idea no bone assignment would have that effect. I used the divide in 3, so sounds like that's exactly the problem.
Sockpuppet
#78 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 4th Mar 2010 at 2:07 AM.
test 1,
I cloned the afTopTunicKimonoSleeve and attached the original meshes to it.
Made new Bblend and Bgeo files and went ingame.
result:
The clone and the original top are identical when using the sliders on them.

test 2,
I imported the Lod1 base GEOM in Milkshape and exported it back without any edits.
I didn't use the GEOM its original skeleton but used the one included in Wes his GEOM importer.
Imported the GEOM back in the package and booted sims3.
result:

test 3,
Imported the base GEOM and all its morphs in Milkshape, didn't make any edit and exported them back.
Builded new Bgeo files for it using the exported morphs and updated the package.
Booted up the game
result:

test 4,
Imported the base GEOM and all its morphs in Milkshape, used Wes his autonum tool to give all verts a new ID and exported all back.
Loaded the renumbered lod1 GEOM back in the package.
Builded new Bgeo files using the renumbered exported morphs and updated the package.
Booted up the game
result:
Im a bit confused right now lol....

test 5,
Imported the base mesh and its morphs in Milkshape.
Made a lowpoly sphere, cut it in half and attached it to the belly, deleting the faces in between.
Uvmapped the sphere on the spot were i deleted the original faces.
Copied the sphere 3 times and attached it to all morphs.
Regrouped every meshgroup and its sphere.
Renumbered the vertID's with autnumtool.
Exported the base mesh and its morphs.
I had a very strange thing here......I wanted to overwrite a earlier saved file called ''testbaseimportexport.simgeom'' and while the exporter did overwrite it it didn't continue to the next meshgroup, the fatmorph.
So i started over, tried a few times but it refused to continue to the morphs.
So i made a new folder and exported the basemesh by giving it a new name(base) and this time the exporter continued and saved all 3 without any problems.......

Imported the base mesh into the package and build new Bgeofiles from the edited morphs.
Booted up sims 3........
result:
Im lost.....
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:19 AM
LOL, I can sympathize. Very confusing when things seem to work, or not work, randomly.

I fixed my 'spiky decoration' swimsuit and tested it in-game. (Suit made by exporting base mesh and all morphs, dividing a couple of faces in Milkshape and pulling up the new verts, rinse and repeat for all the morphs, auto-renum and export.) The morphs look identical to the game swimsuit.

Also I looked at your Warlokk package in-game, and I'm a little confused about what's wrong with the breasts. Do you mean the way the nipples move way up with the thin morph and the fit morph combined? Both the thin and fit morph meshes lift the nipples, and when you combine them the effect gets added together. That could be fixed by lowering them a bit in both thin and fit. Otherwise I'm not seeing anything wrong in that area. The problems I see are a bumpiness in the front of the thighs with the fat and fit morphs combined, but I think that can be solved by smoothing both of those morph meshes - they both have a slight unevenness which again gets added together. The butt gets really big with the fat/fit morph combination too but that's kind of to be expected. If there's some problem I'm not seeing, let me know!

Great job, by the way - I can't imagine how much work this was and it looks really beautiful and very unusual!
Sockpuppet
#80 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:32 AM
Its when the thin slider and fit slider are maxed out, a few faces on top of the breasts are moving to far inside the breast and making big dents.
The breast were alot smaller on my first thin morph but figured making them bigger,more like the fit morph shape it would solve the problem.
Maybe i have to make them smaller instead.

and thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#81 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 1:46 PM
I see what you mean now - guess I'm just not a breast person and didn't look closely enough.

Still think it may just be a matter of the thin and fit meshes having a little bit of unevennes at the same spots. I tweaked the upper surfaces a little and think it's improved, but the meshes you sent seem to be from before you renumbered the verts and the package had a big spike sticking out from her chest which disappeared when I rebuilt the package, so I'm not sure I was looking at the same version you are. There's still an indentation farther up the breast than I was looking at. Tonight I'll try again.
Sockpuppet
#82 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:48 PM
I think you were right about the leafs, its due the floating faces.
The breast are more a to big of a mismatch on the verts i think....
Made a cowlneck top and it behaves like it should.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:54 PM
Wow, that's a very nice-looking sweater!

I'm working now on an add-on to MorphMaker, to generate a combined morph mesh that can be imported into Milkshape so you can see how the fit/thin and fit/fat morphs combine without having to run the game. If it seems useful I may suggest it to Wes as a future plugin since it would be easier to use within Milkshape.
Sockpuppet
#84 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 12th Mar 2010 at 5:11 PM.
Thank you
Unfortunate i am having a terrible hard time combining diffrent meshparts, seems almost impossible to cut off pieces from the base mesh and the morphs and add new parts.
I pulled of the lod1 mesh after like 15 attempts, gave up on the lod2 and 3.....
I have to make Poser magnets to make the morphs before getting frustrated, but the proggy is pretty new to me.

A combined morphmaker would be awsome as i cant get the breasts look good either.
Got the leaf mesh updated, it was just a small adjustment not even due BMM but how diffrently shaped leaffaces covered the bottomfaces....
Page 4 of 4