Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1428
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 5306 times.
Search this Thread
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 4:09 PM DefaultBump map issue on new mesh #1
*Norbi*
Original Poster

Test Subject

8 Achievements

Hi,

I've created a new mesh clothing with TSR Workshop based on a swimsuit. The problem is that it still uses the swimsuit's bump map...

I know in TSR3 the bump maps are linked to the mesh, but how can I change the bump map for this mesh?

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 6:08 PM #2
daluved1
Perfecting the Pedagogy

42 Achievements

View My Journal

I don't know if it was here or on the modding discusion thread, but I saw someone (I think RoguePilot?) had made an entirely new non-default bump map. He wrote steps on how to do it, so might you want to thumb through the forums until you find it.

If you don't mind replacing the bumpmap completely, then simply change the existing bumpmap to all grey. Use Sim3PE or Postal and search through fullbuild2 until you find the bumpmap of the mesh you want to use.

Also this thread might help:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=355784

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Last edited by daluved1 : 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Typos...
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 8:12 PM #3
RoguePilot
Lab Assistant

12 Achievements

It was actually Shep who figured out the non default bump-map, and it kind of involves creating a non-default mesh in the process. Shep just didn't spot what he had done.

As I produce a new Mesh now, I tie it to a flat bumpmap so that anyone can re-texture without the hassle.

But in the meantime I have been using default flat bumpmaps for all of my creations. The detail in the texture more than makes up for the lack computer generated shading.

Bumpmapping is a very fine balance between art and science and if you dabble in it you usually end up making things look worse, not better.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 8:43 PM #4
*Norbi*
Original Poster

Test Subject

8 Achievements

Thanks. I haven't used these programs yet, but I'll give it a try.
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 9:23 PM #5
WesHowe
Alchemist

15 Achievements

The TGI (hex numbers) for the bumpmap texture is in a table at the end of the GEOM. If you create a new bumpmap texture and change the reference in the GEOM to the new values, you can use a new bumpmap.

I know how to do this with MilkShape and with a hex editor, but you'll have to ask TSR if they can do it with their workshop tool.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Old 30th Jul 2009, 12:13 AM #6
Johan_TSR
Test Subject

Thanks for the info Wes, i'll have a look at it!

Section jump: