Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:21 AM
Set to naked? how?
Both TSR workshop and CTU have the option to set a accesoire to naked but neither of them actual work,
Probably because you have to assigne a accesoire in CAS(or closet ingame) to a outfit and you can not do that with the nude....
Is there a way to change the number manual so the accesoire shows always when nude?(by default i mean, like the weddingring)
thnx
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:41 PM
The problem is, that the nude category seems to be "hardcoded" in the game. for example if you do a default replacement of the amtopnude caspart and set the category to sleepwear (and remove the nude category) sims will still use this caspart when getting nude. (Changing textures works for example)

And on the other hand, sims seem to wear new casparts with the nude category only at random (if the valid for random flag is set) or not at all.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 11:12 AM
yes, wish this could be fixed....
You can have custom stuff naked but you must use the never naked option from the sims wants/needs.
The sim will use the swimoutfit in the shower instead wich does also shows the accesoires attached to it.
But there should be way, the weddingring or beard always shows, its just a number i think.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 11:24 AM
If you check sexysims2.com someone have altered the make nude mesh to add a penis and it actually shows when sims are taking shower. Although you may not want this because it will apply to all sims in the category. Such as if you add/change the nude mesh for Young Adult male to wear a wedding ring, all of them will wear the ring. I am sure there will be a way, but right now I have not seen anyone able to edit the nude outfit yet.

Wait, I am wrong. Check this thread:
http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=373732
Basically a player downloaded some dress from a website, and during gameplay and saving, something went wrong and ONE sim of hers is wearing a custom dress in shower. Just one, not all.

Such thing did happen to me, not a dress but rather a pair of shoes. One male sim somehow ended up wearing a pair of red female shoes in his nude outfit. Talk about crazy cross dresser! Since there is no way to edit the nude outfit, I couldn't do anything for the sim. That save game was lost so I can't even experiment with it. I would explain that during some unknown gaming process, a glitch happened that would shift the dress code around causing your sims' outfit settings to point to some other clothes.

So from this, we can safely say that the nude outfit can be customized individually. It is just that so far nobody knows how to get to it yet.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 1:53 PM
I know how to edit the nudes and changes to it, like how adding adult parts will show in the shower.
But these are default replacements wich always will show when nude.

The dress is a one time incedent that doesn't give me a solution.
Maybe its caused by the never naked option and set the dress as swimwear.(read my earlier post wich explains that option)

The weddingring for instance always shows in the shower, but the moment you clone it it dissapairs.
Going to check wether the same thing happens to a beard, then i might have to clone a beard for the custom accesoire i had in mind.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
So from this, we can safely say that the nude outfit can be customized individually. It is just that so far nobody knows how to get to it yet.

Yes, yes it can be.
I discovered this a long time ago when Neighborhood Workshop was first released.. Each Sim has their own unique Nude Outfit category the same way they do any other outfit, and they can individually customized to wear anything you want them to just by modifying the savegame file.

This isn't an ideal solution though.. Even though you can force each and every Sim to wear exactly what you want this way, it's very tedious a process and probably too complicated for the average user.. (It's best to have something as basic as a piece of clothing to be as streamlined as possible..) What we REALLY need to get done here, is find a means to activate the Nude category in CAS and at the Dresser, so that it can be customized ingame and at Sim creation.. This should be entirely possible too, as I noticed not that long ago that Pescado over at MATY somehow enabled the Career Outfit Category in the Dresser menu. (Which is basically the same principle here..)

I'd personally like the Nude Category unlocked just so that Male Sims could be better customized.. (So that you could use a variety of.. ahem.. parts for them.) But there are admittedly a large number of uses to it that I wouldn't shy away from. (Notably, many Male Sims are generated with that stupid necklace instead of their normal nude top.. it'd be nice to squash that right in CAS rather than have to tinker with my save all the time to fix it..)

I looked into this myself awhile back actually, but I got very distracted with some other things and never got the chance to finish my work.. I might try looking into it again soon if I have a free moment (it didn't look TOO complicated to do), though you might have better luck \ get faster results if you just asked Pescado or one of the other modding geniuses lurking around here.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM
The male parts are added onto the base male nude body mesh, not the same thing as what the OP is talking about, which is enabling accessories to be worn while nude. (There's some talk of making male parts as an accessory, which would let us have a variety - as long as they don't disappear in the shower. Which would kind of defeat the purpose. :D)

I agree, hopefully there's a flag somewhere that enables an accessory for wearing while nude. If it's hardcoded in the game it'll probably take a core mod to fix it.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 11:58 PM
I guess I am very behind on the progress. Thanks for keeping up to date.

Krisan, can you elaborate more about the ability using Neighborhood Workshop to add accessories into Nude Outfit? I think I tried to mess around but didn't get anything done. I am hoping for Nude Outfit unlock as well, but before that happens, this is the only way to add tattoo. I made a few triad members with full body tattoos. It would be nice to just fix 2-3 of these sims. That I can deal with.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:19 AM
well Cmar...thats the reason i asked.
I did make that accesoire(even linked to the skintone files) but it doesn't show in the shower
The idea Krisan suggested would be the perfect solution and i sure hope someone has the power to pull this off.
Maybe its not even necesarry to add the nude category to CAS, adding it to the plan outfit(mirror) would be cool!
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 5:13 AM
Krisan, can you elaborate more about the ability using Neighborhood Workshop to add accessories into Nude Outfit? I think I tried to mess around but didn't get anything done.

I explained this once before on MATY, so I'll just quote that..

Quote: Originally posted by Krisan Thyme @ MATY
Basically, do this:

1) Download Neighborhood Workshop. (Motoki kindly linked it above.)
2) Start up your game and load your desired savegame. Go to the household with the Sim that's inappropriately dressed when nude..
3) Use "disableclothingfilter on" in the console.
4) Select your trouble Sim and either send them to the Dresser to plan their outfits, or simply use the "Editsim" command on them.
5) Change one of the outfits on the Sim to whatever you want your nude Sim to look like. (I recommend Sleepwear or Swimwear) Since you have the clothing filter off, you should be able to select the nude top and bottom pieces for your Sim here.. Make any other fine adjustments you want, like hair, accessories, etc..
6) Save your outfit, return to the game, then save your game to a new savefile. Exit the game too if you wish. (though it isn't necessary)
7) Open up Neighborhood Workshop and load the savefile you just created.
8) Go into the advanced editor, then make sure you have your Active Household selected in the dropdown window above.
9) Open the "mMembers" tree, "mSimDescriptions" tree, and then whichever numbered tree corresponds with the Sim you're editing.
10) Scroll down and open the "mOutfits" tree, then open tree "0" and either tree "4" or "5" (this assumes your Sim only has the default 5 outfits and not anymore you've added, otherwise it might be some other number), 4 being Swimwear, and 5 being Sleepwear - whichever of the two you made Nude.
11) Copy the "Instance" value from your Nude Swimwear\Sleepwear outfit and replace the Instance value found inside tree "0" with it. (Simply paste over it.)
12) Go up to File and hit Save. You'll have to give the edited savefile you just made a new name, so go ahead and name it whatever you want.
13) Open up the game anew and load your edited savefile. You're nearly done now.. All you really need to do is fix your Sleepwear or Swimwear, whichever you made nude. Go ahead and use the Mirror or the Editsim command to do this, then save yet another new savefile.
14) Go and send your Sim to the shower or bathtub and see if it worked! (if you followed all of this correctly, it should have.)

This might all seem a bit more complicated than it needs to be, but due to the way the game saves things there really isn't any faster way to accomplish this. (I've tried several times over now, and failed.) Luckily this "outfit" shouldn't ever need to be changed more than once per Sim, so it's not that bad.

Alternatively you could also create a new outfit in any of the categories and copy the data from that into the Nude category.. (This eliminates the need to fix any of your other outfits afterward..)

And yes, this will show in the shower, tub, whatever would normally trigger a Sim to go naked.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 11:04 AM
Thank you,
Do you happen to know if accesoires assigned earlier to the swimwear get applied to the nude too?(then i can fix my problem.)
It does when choosing the never naked option and you have given the swimwearoutfit accesoires.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 6:02 PM
Yes, everything gets applied. The Nude Category is absolutely no different from any other clothing category on a system level, so when you force an outfit into that category by altering the savegame like this, it will show up as anything you want it to.

The reason why the "Naked" flag doesn't appear to work on clothing though is because.. while it IS being categorized properly, the game is hardcoded somewhere to only use a certain kind of top, bottom, and feet piece.. and ignores pretty much everything else in the category. As a better line of thinking, don't think of Sims being Nude as Sims undressing, because they're not, their entire Nude appearance is generated at creation. Meaning there's very little randomization at all (aside from those necklaces on men, and the odd occurrence with glitches or Never Nude Sims) and as such things are not removed from a Sim at all when they go Naked.. they just simply weren't wearing that accessory or whatever else when their outfit was put together, so its absent just the same way as with any other outfit you didn't manually apply it to.. Only very special-case accessories (like the wedding band) show up on all outfits all of the time without your intervention, and that's hardcoded as well. (which is why cloning the ring does nothing, because the ring itself isn't responsible for anything.. the whole process has an overhead above it.)
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 10:38 PM
C00ll
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krisan Thyme
I explained this once before on MATY, so I'll just quote that..

Alternatively you could also create a new outfit in any of the categories and copy the data from that into the Nude category.. (This eliminates the need to fix any of your other outfits afterward..)

And yes, this will show in the shower, tub, whatever would normally trigger a Sim to go naked.

All that sound very difficult.. I've been thinkin about, if someone could find the folder ea have put CAS in, and then maybe mod it, so there would be a new category, called nude maybe? It's just an idea..

Things are not always what they seems to be...

...Sometimes...

They're pinguins xD
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dead-EV
All that sound very difficult.. I've been thinkin about, if someone could find the folder ea have put CAS in, and then maybe mod it, so there would be a new category, called nude maybe? It's just an idea..

That's the possibility what Krisan was talking about in post #6 when he mentioned the careers outfits being enabled in dresser mode.

Krisan, thank you for the MATY quote...that will be very useful until someone manages to add the nude category to CAS.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 12:27 AM
There is an easier way to edit the Nude outfit, but with some sacrifices:

- You sacrifice a trait to be "Never Nude". With this trait, your sims would go to shower with whatever active swimwear outfit they have.

- You sacrifice your swimwear outfit: with the exception of a few nudists or exhibitionists, you do not hope to see sims going nude in swimming pool as much as you do not hope to see sims wearing swimwear in shower.

But, for testing purpose, I dress up a female sim swimwear outfit with complete nude (there are some nude top/bottom clothing you can download) and add my tattoo accessories. She indeed goes to shower with her tattoos on. However, she also goes to public swimming pool wearing just .... tattoo.

This is no way a good work around. However, it might be helpful for those who desire to take screenshots or make movies that have tattooed sims shower naked. Beside tattoos, there is a mod on sexysims2.com allowing males to wear extra fur on their bodies to as accessories so you can have a tattooed hairy male sim in shower.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 4:54 PM
If I am correct, Wintermute's Gabriel Core Mod enables sim to become nude
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 6:13 PM
There is an easier way to edit the Nude outfit, but with some sacrifices:

- You sacrifice a trait to be "Never Nude". With this trait, your sims would go to shower with whatever active swimwear outfit they have.

- You sacrifice your swimwear outfit: with the exception of a few nudists or exhibitionists, you do not hope to see sims going nude in swimming pool as much as you do not hope to see sims wearing swimwear in shower.

But, for testing purpose, I dress up a female sim swimwear outfit with complete nude (there are some nude top/bottom clothing you can download) and add my tattoo accessories. She indeed goes to shower with her tattoos on. However, she also goes to public swimming pool wearing just .... tattoo.

This is no way a good work around. However, it might be helpful for those who desire to take screenshots or make movies that have tattooed sims shower naked. Beside tattoos, there is a mod on sexysims2.com allowing males to wear extra fur on their bodies to as accessories so you can have a tattooed hairy male sim in shower.

yup, already mentioned in earlier post's

Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
If I am correct, Wintermute's Gabriel Core Mod enables sim to become nude

Not sure wat mod you mean? We are discussing how to set a custom mesh to naked, so it will appear in the shower.
Scholar
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
Not sure wat mod you mean? We are discussing how to set a custom mesh to naked, so it will appear in the shower.

I suggested this as Wintermute may be able to provide some advice in this area.
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 3:10 AM
This might be an old thread, but I've been wondering if there has ever been any progress on unlocking the naked outfit in CAS. Several of my sims are taking showers with shoulder bags on and some crappy hair styles (not at all any of the hair styles that I assigned them lol). It's most likely an issue with the number of hair styles and mods I have installed, but really I was just curious to see if anyone every took on a naked outfit unlock projects?

Editing the save file works too, but I'd rather find an easier way to do this lol.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 4:13 AM
Pescado made a slight advancement with Awesomemod. If you have awesome installed you can create a simulated nude outfit in one of the regular outfit categories (you will need nude tops/bottoms unlocked for the category) and then you can use the command line 'outfitcp [category].[#] Naked.1' where category is the outfit category (Everyday, Formal, Swimwear, Athletic, or Sleepwear) and # is the outfit number.

There are two outfit functions in awesomemod:
outfitmv [origin].[#] [Target].[#]
outfitcp [origin].[#] [Target].[#]
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 4:14 AM
unlocking the nudes never has been a issue with CTU, its pretty easy.
Its the other way arround: how do i get new shapes or accesoires popup in the shower..
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rez Delnava
Pescado made a slight advancement with Awesomemod. If you have awesome installed you can create a simulated nude outfit in one of the regular outfit categories (you will need nude tops/bottoms unlocked for the category) and then you can use the command line 'outfitcp [category].[#] Naked.1' where category is the outfit category (Everyday, Formal, Swimwear, Athletic, or Sleepwear) and # is the outfit number.

That's much easier to work with than exiting the game and editing the save file! Thanks
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rez Delnava

Duh, never noticed your post as we posted at the same time......
Thank you!