Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:05 AM
Wow!! You're all figuring this out extremely fast, thanks for putting so much effort into doing this!

I'm sure the end result will be absolutely amazing and yay I saw something in this post about a possibly maybe a plug-in for Maya? That would be fantastic!
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#102 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 11:45 AM
p2k: HP always does all of the LODs: Lod 0 to 3. Doing ONLY Lod0 (ie the highest poly one) is lazy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#103 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 12:23 PM
I'm confused as to how they could even manage to not have LOD meshes, since theirs is a replacement, and if you only replace the LOD0, the game still has LODs 1-3 of the default that it can use. In any case, as D said, I'm definitely doing all the LODs - for one, the game uses one of the other LODs for the sim portrait picture, and for two, it's actually quite easy to make LODs using the DirectX mesh reducer in Milkshape. Yeah, the other LODs don't look pretty, but neither do the game's defaults, and you never see them as bigger than eensy weensy.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#104 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
Delphy, you are the busiest man in TS3 community, we own you too much.

Heh, you kept that quiet Delphy. :/
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm confused as to how they could even manage to not have LOD meshes, since theirs is a replacement, and if you only replace the LOD0, the game still has LODs 1-3 of the default that it can use. In any case, as D said, I'm definitely doing all the LODs - for one, the game uses one of the other LODs for the sim portrait picture, and for two, it's actually quite easy to make LODs using the DirectX mesh reducer in Milkshape. Yeah, the other LODs don't look pretty, but neither do the game's defaults, and you never see them as bigger than eensy weensy.

That must be what I saw on one occasion when the game couldnt draw the sim in time, and i was looking at a 10 polygon skeleton stirring his food. It was scary almost. He looked awful.

Anyway, great work, I am buzzing at the thought of having curly sims walking around !!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#105 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:03 PM
Okay well, my tool works fine - I made the SAU hair into a non-default replacement... which then blue screened my PC. But it at least showed up as a new mesh.

Still have some kinks to work out - like what happens if you dont specify your own face textures and so on, but should be ready soon.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
#106 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Okay well, my tool works fine - I made the SAU hair into a non-default replacement... which then blue screened my PC. But it at least showed up as a new mesh.

Still have some kinks to work out - like what happens if you dont specify your own face textures and so on, but should be ready soon.

That's really exciting news, Delphy.

The community is working so fast, sometimes you just need to take a second to think and to take it all in LOL.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:02 PM
Delphy and H.P., these look great! And Sims 2 hairstyles were just too anime-ish and unrealistic. Nobody seemed to have short hair :x
Inventor
#108 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:00 PM
Your 2nd hair style in this thread is breathtaking, HP.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 12:33 AM
WOW these look amazing! The game's only been out for two months and you guys never cease to amaze with your skills.....[: I'm super duper excited to see how they finally turn out.

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 3:32 AM
You guys are doing a great job! I can't wait until you upload your hairstyles!
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:40 AM
Oh I've always loved the Cherub hair!

By the way, Peggy's just released new non-replacement hair!! Can't wait for MTS stuff, then.
Instructor
#112 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:27 PM
Wow! I had no idea things were moving this quickly. You guys seriously rock the casbah.
Test Subject
#113 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:05 PM
where are the new meshes going to be released?

Please, I am a blonde woman....so please bear with me by all means :)
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
Test Subject
#115 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:38 PM
yes, thank you HP... when are javilos coming out?

Please, I am a blonde woman....so please bear with me by all means :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#116 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sylviahart
yes, thank you HP... when are javilos coming out?
I had a really hard week at the office... Last thing i made was a non-remplacement hair retexture with CTU. Them i exported the mesh to the package (the file that i created wih CTU). It replace the mesh too so is not non-remplacement. I thing i should change the caspart file too or the manifest.. i dont know!
SO! i'll have more time till tomorrow, if is something new public now or whatever.. a new way please tell me how.I looked in some places trying to see if there was someting new and i didn't find anything about that. So if someone can help me please... specially HP and delphy.

ps. Loving how new HP's curly hair looks in the game!! Congrats and thank u!
Test Subject
#117 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:31 AM
Great work everyone on the meshes. I could only wish to have your talent when it comes to this stuff........ yes so I download things from Peggy zone but not the biggest fan of how they do things........ came across this and thought everyone would be interested http://www.peggyzone.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=409
Test Subject
#118 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bishounen_Taurus
Tis a shame that The Sims 3 seems to have no hair physics whatsoever. Even The Sims 2 had a wobble effect.

i know i wish there was someone who could make hairstyles with physics if it is possible

:)
Page 5 of 5