Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Lags and freezes in Isla Paradiso
Hi there. I have freezes in Isla Paradiso. Only in that town, others working mostly stable. I thought the problem is in the clouds over the undiscovered islands. I removed that using this thread But freezes did not stop. Help me. It s a best town for me, but it is unpleasant to play because of it.
I guess problem can be also in a traces of a boat on the water. If i am right, provide me names of that effect to remove by thread i dropped above please
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:26 PM Last edited by igazor : 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:59 AM.
Isla Paradiso is damaged and design-flawed. It need much more fixing up than removing the fog on hidden islands before it will begin to be playable on most any system and in this case EllaCharmed's fixed underlying world file doesn't go far enough. For many of us, the most and most immediate benefits were given by bulldozing four of the most flawed residential lots and placing the residents elsewhere in town. A couple of these are so bad that the game will go nuts when it can't route the inhabitants in and out of their own homes even if your active gameplay is elsewhere in town and then everything related to the game engine just falls apart.

Scott (houseboat), Ichtaca (castle), Los Amigos, Medina.

Others have gone on to remove households from at least half of the houseboats and deactivate one or two of the built-in resorts, not everyone find these things necessary. NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Traffic, and especially Register can be very helpful in that world, as can GoHere.

I recommend this solution, though. Ciane provides an all fixed up world ready to play as a saved game as well as pages of info on what she did for the Do It Yourself crowd.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...oving-ip-lag/p1

I will also point out that your graphics card is not really strong enough to carry the heavier EPs (Pets, Seasons, ITF, IP) and with 4 GB running Win 10 you will be awfully tight on RAM. But the above world save and/or its improvements may still at least give you a fighting chance with that world even if it won't necessarily be the best gameplay experience.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
To this day, I still cannot figure out what exactly is causing the lag for IP.

Plausible Deniability.

Igazor, you're using the wrong catchphrase.

Oops wait, I meant Multiple Causation. But in some ways as far as game development teams are concerned, both might actually apply.