Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:27 PM Last edited by mikey : 9th May 2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4379670, 4380249

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Showtime
I have The Sims 3 base game installed on my pc, but when i install any patch (like 1.63.5 or 1.67) I just keep getting this whenever i try to start the Sims 3: "unable to start game service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb".
I tried searching for a solution but couldn't find any. I am installing a clean install of The Sims 3 (no saves, no custom stuff, no mods, nothing) I have a couple of expansion packs i got and i wanna play them so bad! But I can't update the base game. By the way, i downloaded and installed the patch as an exe file, not from the launcher. The problem happens after update (before update the game is normal). The Sims 3 launcher also gives the error message "There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details" with also the version 0.0.0.0 in the launcher.
Please help me quickly. Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2014 at 2:58 PM
Having one of those issues is annoying enough, to have all 3 suggests corruption in your installation. Your game is on disc or a digital download? Are you patching with the incremental patches or superpatch? Are the patches you're using saved on your pc or fresh download? You do have the correct region patch for your game? If it were me, I would wipe it all out and start over, you may have had some leftovers from previous install that are causing you issues now.
  1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
    -
  2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
    and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
    -
  3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
    • Tips Before You Begin
    • Patching Common Errors
    • Manual Patch Downloads
    • Invalid File Errors and more
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2014 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Having one of those issues is annoying enough, to have all 3 suggests corruption in your installation. Your game is on disc or a digital download? Are you patching with the incremental patches or superpatch? Are the patches you're using saved on your pc or fresh download? You do have the correct region patch for your game? If it were me, I would wipe it all out and start over, you may have had some leftovers from previous install that are causing you issues now.
  1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
    -
  2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
    and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
    -
  3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
    • Tips Before You Begin
    • Patching Common Errors
    • Manual Patch Downloads
    • Invalid File Errors and more

Thanks for replying quickly. I'm following the guides. I used to install and uninstall The Sims 3 correctly so the problem isn't there. I'm 100% sure the problem is in patching, so i'm gonna follow this guide, but i have a question first: it isn't necessary to patch The Sims 3 in a successive order, right? (Like if i have The Sims 3 v1.31 and want to update to 1.67, i don't have to update it to 1.42 then 1.47 ...... till 1.67, right?)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:25 PM
It's not necessary, no. I've always kept a copy of the superpatch for whatever level the game was currently on, so if I had to reinstall, I installed the base game then applied the superpatch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:22 PM
It's not necessary, no. I've always kept a copy of the superpatch for whatever level the game was currently on, so if I had to reinstall, I installed the base game then applied the superpatch.

I think i was applying an incompletely-downloaded Superpatch that i found in my "downloads" folder so i'm downloading it again and will post back the result after updating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2014 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Eizos : 10th May 2014 at 7:40 AM.
I updated the game using super patch, still, the same error shows up. Am I doing something wrong? By the way, i downloaded the sims 3 it's not from a disc.

P.S: I opened skuversion.txt and it was written: GameVersion = 1.66.2.024002 (Which is the Super patch update version that i downloaded and installed)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2014 at 3:55 AM
You downloaded the base game from Origin? I suppose it could be corrupted, have you attempted to redownload it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2014 at 9:49 AM
You downloaded the base game from Origin? I suppose it could be corrupted, have you attempted to redownload it?

When I install The Sims 3 from any source, it works perfectly. But when I update it with the superpatch I get that error. Yesterday I tried to install it from a friend's disc (v1.9), it got installed and it worked. But when I tried to update it using superpatch v1.66.2, I got this error at the end of the installation of the update: Error 0x80040702 Failed to load dll: dsetup
What's the solution to that?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:51 PM
That error suggests you have more issues than being unable to install the game and patch. You will need to address the issue and correct it before attempting to install the game and patch. You may find this helpful - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findb...ssing-error.htm