Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14951 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:43 PM
I wouldn't have thought that mod would affect things, but it's worth testing without it to see if it helps. Is your graphics card identified by the game correctly?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14952 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:48 PM
@simsample - Yes, it recognizes it. It's mentioned in the config-log.txt file. I'll try to test it out and see how it goes.

It would be a shame if that turned out to be the problem, because I love the water effect. It used to look so bland.
Mad Poster
#14953 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:33 AM
Welp... I learned today that I can't store my SavedSims folder back in with the .bins folder stuffeths. *sigh*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#14954 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 3:31 AM
Anyone know the vanilla/no-mod behavior of sims when a burglar shows up?

I'm trying out the daily/weekly arsonist/burglar mod and while the mod works, it also pushes the "Burglar!" interaction on all sims when they're in the same room as the burglar, which causes sims to run out the room and do the equivalent of the fire dance--queue stomping all interactions, too. It's a big problem because I have a mod that lets sims fight the burglar but not only do they not stop yelling about the burglar long enough to attack him, but they also have trouble making an emergency phone call. They can just barely make the call--if I watch them like a hawk and keep telling them not to freak out, or if they stay away from the burglar--otherwise the action to make an emergency call also gets queue stomped. Again, big problem as the burglar is also an arsonist now and did I mention I'm using more dangerous fire? The flames are fast and furious and my sims REALLY can't afford to dawdle. But now all of a sudden, my sims are too scared to fight the burglar or call the cops/fire department. Even my witch couldn't stop yelling to cast spells until long after the burglar was gone! I don't wanna introduce such danger to my sims if they can't fight back properly, you know?

It's been a long time since I've seen the vanilla burglar, though, so I'm wondering if this queue stomping is normal or if it has been revved up by the mod? Anyone know?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#14955 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 4:02 AM
Yes, that's standard behavior when the burglar is in the same room. You have to wake your sims up before the burglar gets to the house and call the cops then.
Scholar
#14956 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:43 AM
Is Sim File Share down?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#14957 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:02 PM
It shouldn't be. I just checked the SFS links in Bulbizarre's signature and they all work fine.
Scholar
#14958 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:06 PM
Thanks. Turns out Chrome was blocking it.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
#14959 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 3:53 PM
How much money must a sim make to count as a rich sim? So another sim can fulfil the want "marry a rich sim"?
Theorist
#14960 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Oh, no, the apocalypse is on to us!

It only seems to happen in this hood for some reason and I tried doing it in others, but the wonky terrains never showed up, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Does it happen for all of your converted hoods? It's a shame though - I agree that I'd love to change the desert terrain to grass if when the apocalypse is lifted for the future residents. Those are good ideas to compensate for the strange views. The inconsistent terrain is kind of funny in an simpocalyptic manner, but I'm contemplating just making a lush main hood and restarting the apocalypse in a desert/dirt subhood so that it can be some sort of permanent fixture that at least isn't the main hood.

I've only tried it in two hoods: my testing hood (that works) and the apocalypse one which doesn't. Since the testing one worked I just assumed it was a result of replacing the terrain and didn't think anymore about it.

That's a really good idea to set the apocalypse lot in a subhood though! I was planning on turning my tower lot into a shopping/landmark sort of thing but that would work for a subhood too. My founder is in college right now and I have family in town this week so I'll have to think about it while I still have a chance to switch it up.
Mad Poster
#14961 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
How much money must a sim make to count as a rich sim? So another sim can fulfil the want "marry a rich sim"?

I do believe that $50,000 or more counts as being rich. In household funds, that is. It has to be apparent to the other pixel that their beloved is loaded to the gills with money.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#14962 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:56 PM
Thank you @FranH !
I thought it would be that - because that's the highest you can earn as a want. I also tried with with motherlode some time ago, but that didn't work.
Mad Poster
#14963 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 10:20 PM
Emmy, you can marry a rich sim who has very little cash on hand as long as you marry into his household instead of his marrying into yours.

When marrying a sim into a household, the program looks at the increase in household funds; so it's possible to marry in a sim from a rich household that has other members without marrying a rich sim for purposes of the want. If he brings less than $50K with him, he won't meet the criterion. And if he's already been moved in, it doesn't matter how much he brought with him - all his money is already in the household, and he does not count as rich for the want.

However, when Valentine Hart married Mary Land into his household, she got the "married rich sim" memory even though the household funds were down to $25; because the house itself was worth much more than $50K and Mary's household was worth less.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#14964 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:29 PM
Well, @emmyjulia, I did find this:
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
In order to marry a rich sim, one of the following conditions must be satisfied:

1. The sim must move onto a lot with a net worth >= 50K.
2. The spouse moving in must bring 50K in cash, either because the family she lives in has > 500K in cash, or because she is the only resident of a lot with a net worth >= 50K.

In this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=70832

But there was discussion in another thread (by Peni in 2013, no less, !) that makes me wonder if the value of an apartment base lot is considered when the game factors net worth...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#14965 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 1:35 PM
Thank you both @Peni Griffin and @Phantomknight !
Made me a little smarter
Mad Poster
#14966 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:55 PM
A little better informed. You were already smarter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#14967 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:47 PM
Are you sure Peni?
Mad Poster
#14968 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:02 AM
So, I've been using the clean/empty accessory and group caches recently, which are supposed to remain empty, but the accessory cache is now at 47 KB. How come? Also, why do certain catalogue items show up in pink?
Inventor
#14969 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
So, I've been using the clean/empty accessory and group caches, which are supposed to remain empty, but the accessory cache is now at 47 KB. How come? Also, why do certain catalogue items show up in pink?

Yeah that happens :/. It stayed at 1kb for me for a while but it started going up again. I don't know how to explain the pink catalog issue, but keep an eye on the accessory cache so it won't go too high

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14970 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:13 AM
@Primavera - Oh ok! Will do. Thanks! Tbh, the pink catalog issue started after I started using those empty caches. Idk why. I keep deleting the thumbnail packages in hopes it would reset them, but it seems to fix some, only to find others (still) in pink.
Inventor
#14971 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
@Primavera - Oh ok! Will do. Thanks! Tbh, the pink catalog issue started after I started using those empty caches. Idk why. I keep deleting the thumbnail packages in hopes it would reset them, but it seems to fix some, only to find others (still) in pink.

Maybe try ctrl+right-clicking the thumbnail? I know whenever I refresh my Thumbnails folder some CC items show up in blue as if they're missing their mesh, so I ctrl+right-click to reset them. If the pink icon isn't solved with that, maybe try taking out the empty caches and let the game generate them

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#14972 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:43 AM
Is there makeup for babies? This isn't a WCIF, because I'm actually asking if it's possible. It'd be nice to put nosemasks etc. on them to make their faces look different.
Mad Poster
#14973 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Maybe try ctrl+right-clicking the thumbnail? I know whenever I refresh my Thumbnails folder some CC items show up in blue as if they're missing their mesh, so I ctrl+right-click to reset them. If the pink icon isn't solved with that, maybe try taking out the empty caches and let the game generate them

Yeah, I had the blue thumbnails show up sometimes. Ok, I'll try that. Thanks again for the tip!
Inventor
#14974 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I've only tried it in two hoods: my testing hood (that works) and the apocalypse one which doesn't. Since the testing one worked I just assumed it was a result of replacing the terrain and didn't think anymore about it.

That's a really good idea to set the apocalypse lot in a subhood though! I was planning on turning my tower lot into a shopping/landmark sort of thing but that would work for a subhood too. My founder is in college right now and I have family in town this week so I'll have to think about it while I still have a chance to switch it up.

Yeah, I decided to just move it to a subhood since the terrain isn't cooperative. I'm doing an adult start in the lush main hood before they evacuate to the subhood, and when the apocalypse is over, their descendants can go back to the main hood. It might be bittersweet to return to the main hood several generations after though - with my current ruleset, it'll definitely take a while and maybe one of the founders' descendants will actually move back into their ancestor's old house and reminisce about times gone by...

Good luck with your challenge! Setting things up takes a while, but it'll be worth it when everything falls into place.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14975 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Is there makeup for babies? This isn't a WCIF, because I'm actually asking if it's possible. It'd be nice to put nosemasks etc. on them to make their faces look different.

Yes, there is, at MoonlightDragon. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...and-makeup-f68/ They have oxygen tubes so nose masks could also be possible.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 599 of 1346