Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6626 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Someone else is a Space Pony too- @terula8 !

Oh my gosh!! I'm a space pony!! This is SO EXCITING!! Thanks for the note Simsample I hd no idea, but it's effectively made my morning
Advertisement
Inventor
#6627 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Nice job, maybe you can do Garden of Earthly Delights next.

Wow, that's in the game! My toddlers must not be that talented; I haven't seen it. How can I "lift it" from the table?

I just looked up that painting, and while I love it I'm not even gonna try and attempt doing that one . And going off of what @omglo said, I went into Inventory mode instead of Buy mode and I got it off that way. I had to use moveobjects in order to stick it to the wall though

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6628 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 9:35 PM
I've always been able to pick them up in Buy mode and stick them on the wall with no cheats. But perhaps there's a mod tripping the code up for you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#6629 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Primavera : 29th Aug 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I've always been able to pick them up in Buy mode and stick them on the wall with no cheats. But perhaps there's a mod tripping the code up for you.

I think the reason why I had to turn on moveobjects was that there was already something on the wall (it was a kitchen wall cabinet thingy) and I thought it would look nice directly under it. I'll try it again today and report back though

EDIT: okay I am able to put the drawings on the wall without moveobjects, and they're shiftable up and down the wall too!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Inventor
#6630 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 9:45 AM
Years ago, I went on a CC-cleaning spree and arranged most of my Downloads folders to my liking. I've recently been bothered by my CAS content for my modern non-fantasy hoods, however, so I decided to sift through it properly.

Freaking cabbage, if only I had a time machine to tell my past self to be more organized about this!

I recategorized several outfits (Why were there so many winter wear sorted as everyday too when they don't work for my current hoods?) and moved them into proper folders, ensuring that the slaves were in the same location. The task took a while because some meshes didn't have the same file names as the recolors and several of them didn't have proper tooltips for easier searching (Filename Tooltips doesn't work for me, oh, well). Then I discovered that some of them had different shoe sounds for different recolors of the exact same outfit - why?! So blue top means the boots will sound like sandals and yellow means heels - good to know such useful fashion advice. Mistakes happen, but why do ALL of the recolors have varying sounds when they're otherwise identical?! I also found a couple of duplicates and seemed to have gotten confused by clothes that shared textures for multiple genders and ages.

I even found a folder that was named "UNKNOWN." What in the world? Okay, it's been a while since I played this TS2 folder, but it can't be that bad, right? WRONG. It was filled with clothes that had vague file names or outright number strings and I remembered feeling too tired to properly name them and just plopped random items into it. My other TS2 folders aren't this muddled and I'm usually careful about fixing everything up before putting CC into them, so I don't know what happened here.

I recalled a crib that was slaved to a table, so I placed them together, but the creator didn't mention that another part was slaved to a counter, and it's a good thing I left a note in my storage file about it because I wondered why I had a table and counter in the Nursery folder. It appears that I wasn't as meticulous with BS content but at least most of it's fixed now; I guess there was a reason everything but the CAS folder was organized the last time. It took me several hours to fix my own mess, but well, I had a few days off anyway.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6631 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Then I discovered that some of them had different shoe sounds for different recolors of the exact same outfit - why?! So blue top means the boots will sound like sandals and yellow means heels - good to know such useful fashion advice. Mistakes happen, but why do ALL of the recolors have varying sounds when they're otherwise identical?!

I hope you don't mean separate tops there because tops only are supposed to have no sound attached. Fiddling with shoes sounds is such a small thing, I can see why people remember sometimes and forget others. Easiest way to correct shoe sounds is with Wardrobe Wrangler.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#6632 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:31 PM
Yes, Wardrobe Wrangler has made my simming life so much easier! Many thanks to jfade.

Some of them were actually everyday tops with shoe sounds. I'm not sure how that happened, so I just set it to None. Then again, I also found hairs with shoe sounds a few years ago...
Mad Poster
#6633 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:45 PM
Someone not paying attention to what they were doing, I'd think.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6634 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Yes, Wardrobe Wrangler has made my simming life so much easier! Many thanks to jfade.

Some of them were actually everyday tops with shoe sounds. I'm not sure how that happened, so I just set it to None. Then again, I also found hairs with shoe sounds a few years ago...

I'm addicted to cleaning up [re: messing with] my catalogue in SimPE. I used to use Wardrobe Wrangler and I think I will start to invoke it a bit more often, but yes. Once you start categorizing things the way you want it's nearly impossible not to go ham and do the lot.

I geneticize all my skin tones, recat various articles of clothing that are *always* incorrectly assigned - like, who wears a sequined party dress to go grocery shopping? And why does it not show up under formal wear? Drives me up the wall. And don't get me started on shoe sounds. This makes me desperately want to go through my entire downloads folder with a fine toothed comb and edit the life out of everything. I know I shouldn't, but ye gods.

I rely on Almighty Hat's awesome SimPE tips if anyone's interested in using that as well. It never hurts to be able to use both, and her tips are super thorough and easy to understand. They've gone a long way towards getting rid of my wariness of the program and now I'm modding and everything better late than never eh? :D
Mad Poster
#6635 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 9:24 PM
I'm getting a kick out of googling "big fiery ball visible from space" and reading all the discussions that come up. There's people who seem to think that its a literal explosion.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#6636 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
After the kid finishes the drawing, you can go into buy mode and use the hand button to grab it off of the activity table.

I had no idea! Thanks!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6637 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm getting a kick out of googling "big fiery ball visible from space" and reading all the discussions that come up. There's people who seem to think that its a literal explosion.

I'd no idea that that phrase (or at least the acronym BFBVFS) originated in the Sims community - at least that's what the Urban Dictionary seems to be saying. To my surprise SimPE is on there too.

Having said that, if it came from Pescado (it was a favourite comment on MATY), I bet it originated with Homestar Runner.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6638 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I bet it originated with Homestar Runner.

It did:
http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/pom_pom
Mad Poster
#6639 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:08 PM
If your hood ever goes up into that thing - like mine once did - and after you have spent 4 years on it - it IS a literal explosion.

That I can guarantee

Perhaps the computer did not explode, but I did
Mad Poster
#6640 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 3:50 PM
The smartest thing I ever did, simwise, was to start keeping careful records of everything. That way when my hood went nuclear, I recreated the whole thing. I thought I'd never get finished making the sims, but I was so proud when I was done.

I recently had to recreate a family after they borked. within a few minutes I had them up and running again without losing any info, except their Lifetime aspirations. I don't know how to fix those. Sims manipulator is an essential tool, but I haven't seen where it resets LTA.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#6641 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I recently had to recreate a family after they borked. within a few minutes I had them up and running again without losing any info, except their Lifetime aspirations. I don't know how to fix those. Sims manipulator is an essential tool, but I haven't seen where it resets LTA.

You can reroll LTA and max their lifetime aspiration with insimenator, aspiration adjuster (the stool if you use the object version.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6642 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:56 PM
A thought I had while at work--"Pocketful of Sunshine", when heard from 20 feet away over the roar of several machines, does not sound too different from "Pocketful of Sunshine" in Simlish.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6643 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:29 PM
Took a break today.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#6644 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 11:26 PM
Decided that I want a particular sim to open a specific type of business. But, first to make things a little more realistic (which I love doing), said sim must graduate from university in that specialty and then work in that specialty for a period of time to save some simoleons to put towards the opening of said business. So this now means I have to create yet another custom major and career (won't even say how often this occurs) just to fulfill this random idea of mine.

Not sure why I keep doing this to myself.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#6645 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Decided that I want a particular sim to open a specific type of business. But, first to make things a little more realistic (which I love doing), said sim must graduate from university in that specialty and then work in that specialty for a period of time to save some simoleons to put towards the opening of said business. So this now means I have to create yet another custom major and career (won't even say how often this occurs) just to fulfill this random idea of mine.

Not sure why I keep doing this to myself.

That's what I love about the game. Never gets old for me, because I'm just following my whims.
Instructor
#6646 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:36 AM
I wish I was able to create a custom hood with my own Sims and lots... But I'm not getting any inspiration, lately.
Mad Poster
#6647 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
I wish I was able to create a custom hood with my own Sims and lots... But I'm not getting any inspiration, lately.

So expand dramatically on an existing 'hood! That's what I've done in many cases... and still want to do, oftentimes. (For instance, right now, starting grad school again, I'm much more inspired by the feel of a public university than the private Ivy League lookalike that I've worked on, so I'd be much more likely to expand SSU or something.)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6648 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 2:51 AM
UGH! Why can't I have nice looking water without the game acting up?! I just can't stand the solid blue water. XP
Inventor
#6649 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:53 AM
@terula8 Oh, gosh, yes - those formal dresses that don't show up under formal at all! I think that's exactly what caused me to search for the WW years ago. I even had townies dressed in tuxedos and gowns at my fish farms, and some of their heeled shoes were giving me the thunk of boots instead.

It was then that I learned to edit the clothes before they went into the Downloads folder, some of them with AH's tutorials. That modern, non-fantasy TS2 folder was the first one I ever made, so I guess no surprise that it was haphazard. All of the others were so organized, it was jarring.

Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~

I seem to have the opposite problem - I made some new custom hoods and sims yet haven't played them that much, save for the challenge hoods.
Mad Poster
#6650 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:06 AM
It's always dangerous to go on Tumblr, because every time I do, there's always something I missed in downloads and I spend hours looking at things I know I don't need, but will get anyway.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 266 of 514