Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:09 AM
Yeah, I read that too I'm actually ashamed for being so amused by it, because it really isn't a joking matter, but well, if life hands you lemons ...

I wrote him an email and also contacted the hosting site, though that was only 4 hours ago (hadn't read about it 'til then and wasn't online either, so I'm admittedly late to join the party ...), so I'm not (yet) too iffy about not having received a reply / having my content removed from Sims4Forum.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:03 AM
Ok, lets all just ease up. The purpose of this thread is to tell the creators that their work is "being shared freely" without their consent and what they can do about it. If the creators don't care, its not my role to make them care. Its your content, you decide what happens to it.

If you want to have a say over where your content is shared then the FIRST thing you should do is contact the site and ask them to remove the content, or whatever it is you want to have happen with what is yours.

If the site owner refuses to do that THEN (and only then) should you contact their host and complain about copyright infringement.

Despite all the things said to the contrary in this thread, the creator IS the copyright owner of their work. You made the pictures and wrote the text and instructions; that is your work.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#103 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
Wow. I really hope this dude takes off the unauthorized content. It's wrong to post other peoples' creations without their permission... well... a certain site is an exception, but their targets are paysites.
Instructor
#104 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:13 AM
Wow. I literally just started creating stuff so I obviously haven't had anything taken but I've been following along and I just clicked a link on tumblr that took me to their site. My goodness. The very first post in the Recent Threads section on the main forums page is "Download And Install The sims 4 Cracked On PC For FREE Full Game" and it's been on there since 5am! No doubt, someone in their community posted it, but how is it still on there almost 24 hours later?

And, side note, their membership is $6.99(US$)!!! TSR has been around forever and they only charge $3.50 a month and they have that cart you can put 100+ things in and download all at once. What's this guy give you? Sim weiners and your own blog! Whoooo! What a joke.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:03 PM
What the hell. This guy is trying to take our money while stealing stuff from people who worked HARD at creating stuff to make Sims 2 better. That is just flippin' pathetic and sad.
Test Subject
#106 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:49 PM
Default So true
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
What the hell. This guy is trying to take our money while stealing stuff from people who worked HARD at creating stuff to make Sims 2 better. That is just flippin' pathetic and sad.

You wanna know what I think is the true definition of sad? Is the fact that i was a member on that site awhile ago to get TS2 content before coming here. I noticed that some of the stuff there was stolen from other Sims modding sites and he says he made them himself when i searched for those same CC, I found the exact same thing on another site that had the original creators name and images to go along with it. And going on with my head-first blunt personality, I got pissed off that this guy has no talent whatsoever and ranted at him. The most immature and childish thing he did next was deleted all my posts that i ever made, insulted me like an 9 year old, then (I don't even know if you can do this next part to anyone on any site) proclaims i'm IP banned from accessing his site. That was truly a slap to my face and a sign this guy is a true keyboard warrior when it comes to sitting infront of a computer.

Instructor
#107 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:11 PM
As a site administrator on a forum, or any website you have control panel access to, you can ban individual IP addresses or an entire range of an IP address. Certain websites are able to ban the individual machine ID within a given IP address as well.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Helianthea : 27th Sep 2014 at 1:36 PM.
@FifthAce2007: hope you don't mind me asking, but yours and volvenoms stuff are the only ones that appear to be completely deleted at the time of writing; and since I get an error message and a „you must be logged in to do this“ message when I access the sites (where your content used to be hosted at, just to clarify) I'm curious about this:
Do you know whether the content has ACTUALLY been removed in its entirety?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#109 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helianthea

You wouldn't have a handle on someone just storing files on a server -- if the files are inaccessible he's not publishing them.

Except if you mean they might still be accessible for "VIP members"? Somebody at Loverslab seems to have a VIP account (apparently some of the nekkid skins are C+P too), maybe ask there.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#110 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:07 PM
@FifthAce2007: hope you don't mind me asking, but yours and volvenoms stuff are the only ones that appear to be completely deleted at the time of writing; and since I get an error message and a „you must be logged in to do this“ message when I access the sites (where your content used to be hosted at, just to clarify) I'm curious about this:

Well....I don't I guess. I revisted the site and checked where it used to be and it's no longer there, I visited "chris" profile, and looked through his submissions and it wasn't there either.

I don't think it's a cloaking type of thing as I never registered I just visited the site so he would have no idea of what my IP address is. I guess it's possible he moved it to a registered user area or premium access I suppose...but without registering/subscribing I'll have no way of knowing

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Alchemist
#111 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:56 PM
From now on I'll just put 'JohnnyBravo©' in some corner of every picture I take of my ceations.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#112 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
From now on I'll just put 'JohnnyBravo©' in some corner of every picture I take of my ceations.

Yeh think I may do the same...well not JohnnyBravo© obviously

FifthAce2007

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#113 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:04 PM
Won't help against this kind of abuse though.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Alchemist
#114 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:34 PM
If they're too stupid and use the same pictures, it got my 'watermark' on it.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#115 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Won't help against this kind of abuse though.

No, but it would help against any threat of legal action by anyone involved...or perhaps adding a MTS Exclusive watermark to the images? (Might have more weight behind it)

Sure, it wouldn't stop theft of the package file itself, but if he has to actually go into the game and get his own images and host them on his own server....more work, maybe give them pause...

FifthAce2007

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:46 PM
It all depends what you want; if you only want credit for the work you have done, and you don't want to go on the route of complaining and a DMCA - writing your name on your pictures will probably work. Maybe. If you don't want sites posting your work without your consent in order to boost the attractiveness of their sites offering (and thereby encourage paid subscriptions) then having your name on the pictures is NOT going to stop them.

It all depends on what you are happy with.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:00 PM
You wouldn't have a handle on someone just storing files on a server -- if the files are inaccessible he's not publishing them.

Except if you mean they might still be accessible for "VIP members"? Somebody at Loverslab seems to have a VIP account (apparently some of the nekkid skins are C+P too), maybe ask there.

Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, that's what I was concerned about.
I absolutely don't feel comfortable asking over at LoversLab atm though, seeing as my own content still hasn't been deleted and "asking on behalf of somebody else" would be a real douchy self-proclaimed white knight thing to do.

Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
Well....I don't I guess. I revisted the site and checked where it used to be and it's no longer there, I visited "chris" profile, and looked through his submissions and it wasn't there either.

I don't think it's a cloaking type of thing as I never registered I just visited the site so he would have no idea of what my IP address is. I guess it's possible he moved it to a registered user area or premium access I suppose...but without registering/subscribing I'll have no way of knowing

Thank you.
Apologies if the question came off as offending, that wasn't my intention at all. Should've phrased it better.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#118 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:07 PM
I absolutely don't feel comfortable asking over at LoversLab atm though, seeing as my own content still hasn't been deleted and "asking on behalf of somebody else" would be a real douchy self-proclaimed white knight thing to do.

Hm? There must be a misunderstanding somewhere =) I only meant that when in doubt whether something really got removed or is now behind a paywall, asking someone who has payzone access whether the content is still online would be a way to find out for sure. Not that someone else should (or even could) take action on your behalf.

But of course, when you're still within that 48-hour "grace period" for removing stuff, it wouldn't mean anything right now.

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:19 PM
Yup, my bad, I misread that part.
Thanks for letting me know about this, I'll keep it in mind.
Mad Poster
#120 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:21 PM
Naked kid skins are CP? They're cartoony people. Why can't people these days distinguish between cartoon children and real children? I think the paedo-hunts may be sexualizing children more than anything else could.
Instructor
#121 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM
I sent a message on Facebook to the Sims page with a link to the forum letting them know about the cracked version they had up for download. They messaged me back earlier saying, "Thanks for bringing this to our attention." Wonder what will happen next.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#122 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Naked kid skins are CP? They're cartoony people. Why can't people these days distinguish between cartoon children and real children? I think the paedo-hunts may be sexualizing children more than anything else could.

I don't know what you think when you see the abbreviation "C+P" .. for me that means "Copy and Paste".

dodgy builder
#123 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:48 PM
My lot seems to be gone, good.

To the threaths and my claim not being legit. I delivered a complaint, because I KNOW I made that house, I took the pictures, made the description and posted it around the interenet. If my claim is legit though, I'm not a lawyer, if my claim is right according to law will have to be up to the court to decide. Since I'm not from the US though it might be both expensive and unclear, and I suspect to Bluehost just a bunch of trouble with very little outcome.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#124 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
To the threats and my claim not being legit. I delivered a complaint, because I KNOW I made that house, I took the pictures, made the description and posted it around the interenet. If my claim is legit though, I'm not a lawyer, if my claim is right according to law will have to be up to the court to decide. Since I'm not from the US though it might be both expensive and unclear, and I suspect to Bluehost just a bunch of trouble with very little outcome.

What threats? How "not being legit"? If they removed it that means they complied .. normally, that would be the end of it.

Or did they somehow insist it's actually theirs?

dodgy builder
#125 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 28th Sep 2014 at 7:28 AM.
What threats? How "not being legit"? If they removed it that means they complied .. normally, that would be the end of it.

Or did they somehow insist it's actually theirs?

I'm just building a case here Fake claims has to be people making fake claims, my claim isn't fake because I made the house and I can prove it. If it's right according to the law have to be up to the court to decide. But yes since Bluehost told him to remove it, it can't be that wrong.

It was late last night obviously. I just got a bit confused about all this legal discussion, should I really think about that? That's for lawyers to decide or what? I was a bit worried my claim was fake, but of cause fake claims must be from people who have no right to the content, like those taking down Luna's mediafire account.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: thread staying closed right now , if anything comes up, send me or plasticbox a PM.
Page 5 of 12