Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:11 AM
Default pack updates
recently ordered Pets, Seasons, and Apartment Life; through Amazon.
Amazon divided the order into 2 packages; Pets & Seasons into one, Apartment Life in the other.
Apartment Life yet to ship.
Pets & Seasons are on their way; deliverer tells it would arrive on the 8th.

gotten the Prima Guides months ago.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:29 AM
Remember to assign it in your settings here so it shows what packs you have. I would not take too much notice of the Prima Guides they are quite out of date with some dangerous information. It's been over 10 years since EA published those.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:40 AM
I loved those guides. They were quite funny to read

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:03 PM
update:: Pets and Seasons arrived at post office this morning. they would likely be brought home tonight.
Apartment Life still yet to ship. Amazon tells it would arrive sometime within 15th through 20th.

would update profile sometime after installing the respective packs.

author of all Sims2 Prima Guides is Greg Kramer. not sure if he (or if any of people that worked on the guides) ever worked for EA/Maxis.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:39 PM
I wouldn't think so - he also wrote game guides for completely different developers and publishers.

The process of writing strategy guides is pretty interesting, honestly. To get them out at the same time as the games are published, the writers get pre-release copies of them. Oftentimes things get changed around between the pre-release and release copies, which is why they can be stunningly inaccurate at times.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
recently ordered Pets, Seasons, and Apartment Life; through Amazon.
Amazon divided the order into 2 packages; Pets & Seasons into one, Apartment Life in the other.
Apartment Life yet to ship.
Pets & Seasons are on their way; deliverer tells it would arrive on the 8th.

gotten the Prima Guides months ago.

Make sure you patch them when you install each one. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...elp:TS2_Patches

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
What exactly are Prima Guides?

ETAL Or nevermind, I think I found one.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 11:55 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 18th Dec 2017 at 9:42 PM.
12/9/2017::
like I guessed, Pets and Seasons was brought home last night. have not yet installed; would start after finishing some sim parts I am working on.

downloaded the patches long ago. through Wayback Machine's version of main site.

12/11/2017::
update:: Apartment Life is now on its way; not sure when it would arrive.

still yet to install the other 2 expansions; might start tonight.

12/13/2017::
have now installed Pets and Seasons; though have had problem launching them. told about the problem in Help section.

Amazon now tells that Apartment Life would arrive Saturday.

12/16/2017::
just checked order's page. Apartment Life came to post office yesterday.
not sure when it would be brought home.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:59 PM
@mdsb759 please don't quadruple post. I hope you got your running problems fixed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 9:52 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 23rd Dec 2017 at 8:01 PM.
12/18/2017::
combined the posts into 1 post and deleted the extras.

Apartment Life arrived shortly after last post.
it might be awhile before I attempt installing.

would update problem's status in mentioned thread. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=604371

12/23/2017::
still have not attempted Apartment Life installation.
would attempt after removing AnyGameStarter games I have had installed; but have several things to finish before I would do that.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:33 PM
this would be my last post in this thread.

installed Apartment Life yesterday.
each mentioned expansion is now installed.