Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 23
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
Would it be possible to fix this mod so that you are able to add traits without other traits disappearing and being ineluctable in the Add Trait menu? For example...I make a sim Neat and Family Oriented and then suddenly a huge chunk of traits go missing from the list and I cannot also make my sim an Ambitious/Animal Lover/Argumentative/Appraiser/Author/Authoritarian...etc.

If this can be fixed, that'd be AMAZING!!!

Check which version of the mod you downloaded. You may need to download a higher amount.
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alfredfjonesworldhero
Check which version of the mod you downloaded. You may need to download a higher amount.

I have the newest version and it works, in general, as it always has. I am giving feedback for improvements as the behavior I described has been constant from the beginning.
Test Subject
#178 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
I have the newest version and it works, in general, as it always has. I am giving feedback for improvements as the behavior I described has been constant from the beginning.

I don't think they were talking about the version of the mod as in the update number, I think they meant "version of the mod which enables a higher number of traits".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:06 PM
Hey I love this mod and I'm so thankful that you updated it. One thing that I was looking at with this mod and the original mod, however was the trait escalation on age up would it be possible for me to adjust the traits allowed per age in my game and how do you suggest I go about it? Or should I just get the max one and only fill in a certain amount of traits?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:16 AM
Thanks for the update. Some of my CC traits did not show up before this update. Now they are all there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#181 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PiinkFoot
Does this mod work with game version 1.38.49.1020???

Yes.
This mod is compatible with the newest patch. Just remember to enable custom content and mods in game settings.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#182 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:42 AM
I have tested the mod. No need to update the mod.
Test Subject
#183 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:09 AM
Hi Chingyu1023, Does this mod work in the C-A-S screen? Because it is not working for me.
Unsure why. The mod is being detected (according to the in-game detector), but nothing is changing in the CAS screen.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#184 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BioVenom Johnny
Hi Chingyu1023, Does this mod work in the C-A-S screen? Because it is not working for me.
Unsure why. The mod is being detected (according to the in-game detector), but nothing is changing in the CAS screen.

No. This mod won't let you add more than 3 traits in CAS. You need to add it with the two ways mentioned in the description.
Test Subject
#185 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:49 AM
Originally Posted by chingyu1023
Try the following step:
Use ctrl+shift+C
Type "testing chests on"
Type "traits.equip_trait <traitnameNoSpaces>"

THE CORRECT ENTRY SHOULD BE traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire where OccultVampire would be substituted by Foodie or Creative, or whatever, NO BRACKETs, and no quotes of course. It works, instructions are terrible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#186 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:55 AM
Can't get it to work? don't use the brackets your entry in the cheat field should be like this traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire where OccultVampire would be substituted for Cheerful or Clumsy or whichever trait name you want, no brackets no quotations of course.
Scholar
#187 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edchuckndoug
Can't get it to work? don't use the brackets your entry in the cheat field should be like this traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire where OccultVampire would be substituted for Cheerful or Clumsy or whichever trait name you want, no brackets no quotations of course.

Note the spelling error in the description:
testing chests on > testingcheats on
Test Subject
#188 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:22 PM
I downloaded the most recent version and I tried using the two pie menu mods but the pie menu option is not displaying CAS or custom traits, just rewards and hidden traits. what can I do? ):
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:52 AM
This Mod is currently working fine. Not sure why people say it's broken. Secondly, there is a " add more traits" mod that you can install in the files section, that makes adding new traits , and removing them a breeze. Fact is, even if yiu do not use any of the More traits mods, that alone is worth installing since it totally eliminates any need to use commands to add or remove traits. it still functions fine.
Test Subject
#190 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM
hi! i use this mod a lot and have a game that basically relies on this mod, haha!

i'm running into a problem, though! the trait Dance Machine isn't in the menu, and won't apply manually typed, either. i'm trying to apply it to a child.

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with this? thank you so much!
Test Subject
#191 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
No. This mod won't let you add more than 3 traits in CAS. You need to add it with the two ways mentioned in the description.

cats and dogs more traits can you do ?
Test Subject
#192 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Giakou : 10th Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM.
Hi, this does not work for me. When I put it in my game I get an endless loading screen and as soon as I take it out my game works fine. Is there any chance that you will update this? I really loved this mod when it worked!
Test Subject
#193 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giakou
Hi, this does not work for me. When I put it in my game I get an endless loading screen and as soon as I take it out my game works fine. Is there any chance that you will update this? I really loved this mod when it worked!

That is rare, mine is working fine. Did you try to delete the cache files?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#194 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:41 PM
Chingyu, I'm not sure if you take requests but could you make a traits mod with these figures. 10 toddler traits, 15 teen traits and 30 adult traits. Please consider this. Thank you. And thanks for keeping this mod going.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:07 AM
Hey Chingyu, I LOVE this mod and the updates you've been giving it. You're really a life saver, without you all of my sims would be super bland.

I'm wondering though if it'd be possible for you to make a "More Lot Traits" mod, similar to this one? Maybe make it so you can add lot traits by clicking the mailbox (I mean, the dumb thing has hardly any other use, right? Hahaha). Or maybe the ground, since the mailbox only works for residential lots..? Just a thought.
Test Subject
#196 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
Hey Chingyu, I LOVE this mod and the updates you've been giving it. You're really a life saver, without you all of my sims would be super bland.

I'm wondering though if it'd be possible for you to make a "More Lot Traits" mod, similar to this one? Maybe make it so you can add lot traits by clicking the mailbox (I mean, the dumb thing has hardly any other use, right? Hahaha). Or maybe the ground, since the mailbox only works for residential lots..? Just a thought.

LittleMsSam has lot traits. You have to apply the in the build view, but its worth it to be able to assign a dress code. I'm playing with all packs and the latest patch and haven't had a problem yet.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:57 PM
Emm, can someone give me instruction on how to add more toddler traits? Menu is not showing up. Maybe someone updated this mod on tumblr or elsewhere?
Test Subject
#198 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martlet
Emm, can someone give me instruction on how to add more toddler traits? Menu is not showing up. Maybe someone updated this mod on tumblr or elsewhere?

On this mod (in the "Files" section I mean), you have this file
http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1731041

You can perfectly use that, to add traits to your Toddlers.
You just left click the Sim (or well, toddler in your case), and select "Add trait".
Just be careful and don't missclick something XDD

(Example: if you, without wanting to, click on the Vampire trait, your toddler (or Sim you clicked) will instantly become a Vampire.
And you ask "So? I put the Vampire trait out, and that's it". Well, you are right, but I don't recommend messing with the game like that.
Step by step, and slowly...)
Test Subject
#199 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkuria
That is rare, mine is working fine. Did you try to delete the cache files?

Yes, I always do when I delete or update mods.
Test Subject
#200 Old 10th May 2018 at 11:09 PM
Mine one stop working aswell, i can add/remove traits wiht the Add Tait plugin, but my sims cant have more traits anymore, just the default 3 ones, in the menu are available only aspiration awards(when i have the 3 default, as i said, the mod is not working for me anymore), perhaps is another mod? what do you say, i love your mod alot
Page 8 of 23